Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free

Steam now offers the Serious DLC pack for The Talos Principle, which replaces the game's voice of Elohim with a new comedic script performed by John J. Dick, the Serious Sam voice actor. This is free through April 6th, after which it will go on sale for cash money. Here's word:
The new Serious Sam Voice Pack DLC replaces the godlike voice of Elohim with completely NEW, rewritten and humorous Serious Sam script.

Serious Sam voice has been recorded by longtime Serious Sam voice actor John J. Dick.

It also includes a new Serious Sam player model for use in The Talos Principle.

Note: The Serious Sam Voice Pack DLC for The Talos Principle is available on Steam for free until Tuesday, April 7th and then will be available for purchase for $2.99.
View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 5, 2015, 20:41 Ray Marden

I don't have a specific list - I have like 50 sites bookmarked and randomly visit them throughout the week. It's also becoming an indicator of how productive of a day it was, if I managed to listing to a number of casts because I was able to work on projects most of the day or if a 1-2 hour podcast lasted through the day because I was in various meetings.

I've listened to Dan Carlin before as well as Gamers with Jobs, I'll hit up the NPR stream for news, Nerdist is awash with a wide range of material, Pointless is interesting, Smodcast at times, Maron, all the normal game casts (Giant Bomb, Kinda Funny Games, Gametrailers, IGN, 5by5, etc.,) and then all the people going solo on YouTube (Sterling, Matt Chat, Angry Joe, Total Biscuit, Marcus Beer, etc.)

There's other entertainment industry or comedy podcasts as well, but you get the idea. Outside of being stuck in meeting hell, there is more than enough content out there to speed the work day along.

Noting there are other branches like Ted Talks or Talks at Google, too,
Ray It's definitely quantity over quality at the moment.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 5, 2015, 12:17 theglaze

This has been on my wish list for a while, so I bought it yesterday.

Should I play it using the default voice, or Serious Sam? The default is becoming annoying already by level 3...

8. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 5, 2015, 00:32 jdreyer

Ray Marden wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 21:47:
I've been lurking the site, but I rarely post. Toss in eleven hour work days and some health issues with my wife, I'm finding very little time to comment on anything.
And stupidly only getting paid for eight of those hours...
Going off on the usual tangent, I've fallen in love with listening to podcasts while working. There is a chunk of news and some broad entertainment podcasts, the but the vast bulk of what I listen to is gaming/industry podcasts. Gaming was always my true passion, but I now know more than I have at any time...but it just further negates my wish to comment on things when any given item has been discussed twenty times over.

Wah wah - problems of the first world.

Playing indies, but wondering where the next big, defining game is,
Ray

Wondering what you listen too? Here are three of my favs:

Gamers with Jobs.
Slashfilmcast.
Dan Carlin's Common Sense.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 4, 2015, 21:47 Ray Marden

I've been lurking the site, but I rarely post. Toss in eleven hour work days and some health issues with my wife, I'm finding very little time to comment on anything.
And stupidly only getting paid for eight of those hours...
Going off on the usual tangent, I've fallen in love with listening to podcasts while working. There is a chunk of news and some broad entertainment podcasts, the but the vast bulk of what I listen to is gaming/industry podcasts. Gaming was always my true passion, but I now know more than I have at any time...but it just further negates my wish to comment on things when any given item has been discussed twenty times over.

Wah wah - problems of the first world.

Playing indies, but wondering where the next big, defining game is,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
I love you, mom.

6. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 4, 2015, 20:56 ViRGE

Ray Marden wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 14:04:
The most fun game I played last year? With ironic voiceover by Serious Sam? YES PLEASE!
I second the motion. This looks like fun.

5. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 4, 2015, 20:11 Cutter

Ray Marden: Man of Mystery.

4. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 4, 2015, 17:27 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 14:51:
Ray where the fuck have you been?!?

Says the man who disappeared for weeks and weeks earlier this year.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

3. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 4, 2015, 15:42 nin

Ray Marden wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 14:04:
A bit letdown with Axiom Verge

I'm still trying to get into it. Think I played about an hour, and while it's ok, it's not blowing my mind, either. Hope it gets better.

2. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 4, 2015, 14:51 The Half Elf

Ray where the fuck have you been?!?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

1. Re: The Talos Principle Serious DLC for Free Apr 4, 2015, 14:04 Ray Marden

The most fun game I played last year? With ironic voiceover by Serious Sam? YES PLEASE!

A bit letdown with Axiom Verge after Ori and the Blind Forest,
Ray Good game, but feeling slightly lacking.

Everything is awesome!!!
I love you, mom.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >