Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin

Steam News announces that DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin is now available, offering a DirectX 11 upgrade for From Software's action/RPG sequel. This is USD$49.99 or $29.99 for those who already own Dark Souls II, and there's no sign of the confusing $19.99 option we saw mentioned. Here's word on the new version:
Gamers are in for a big surprise in DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin. An unforgettable journey awaits you in a breathtaking world where each dark corner and unexpected encounter will test your resolve. Go beyond what you thought was possible and discover incredible challenge and intense emotional reward. Whether you’ve previously played DARK SOULS™ II, or are new to the award-winning franchise, you are in for an entirely different experience with this exclusive, “Director’s Cut” version of the game.
View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin
Apr 4, 2015, 17:43
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 4, 2015, 17:43
Apr 4, 2015, 17:43

garrywong wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 19:00:
Wait, so the enhanced graphics one doesn't give you all the DLC with it?

If you buy the game, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, you are getting everything. All three DLCs, check. 64-bit version, check. Upgrade graphics, check. New NPCs/All Other Extras, check. Harder game with more enemies, check. Great game, check. Amazing multiplayer, check. So yeah, unless you have the PS4 and buy Bloodborne this is the best Souls type game out there for the PC. With the amount of hours this game has entertained me on the PS3 and the PC I have no problem spending a bit of money to upgrade it. I am fine with that. I just don't have the time since Bloodborne is by far the best of the Souls series at this point. Maybe DS2:SotFS will change my mind but I doubt it. Still it is a badass game and worth every penny. Hell, I am buying it a third time on the PS4 because I want to compare the graphics and the experience so that I can focus on the better of the two when I am ready to give Bloodborne a cooling off period. Peace...

Apr 3, 2015, 19:00
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 3, 2015, 19:00
Apr 3, 2015, 19:00

Wait, so the enhanced graphics one doesn't give you all the DLC with it?

Apr 3, 2015, 01:32
mag
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 3, 2015, 01:32
Apr 3, 2015, 01:32
mag

Overon wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 18:04:
They are reselling the version of the game with DX11 graphics they promised in the initial release with some different item and enemy placement and more text descriptions. And the graphics especially the shadows and lighting are still not quite what they showed in 2013. Also with graphics mods like GEDOSATO, you largely get the "better graphics" already in the DX9 version. To show you how much they give a shit, they are splitting the community between the DX11 and the DX9 version because those are not multiplayer compatible. They are largely just reselling the game. Oh did I mention that the single player save games are also not compatible and you have to start a new character? You need a chart to keep track of what you get and how much the "upgrade" costs based on what you bought previously. Fuck em.

I do think this should be a free upgrade. But it's a bit more than a DX11 upgrade. It's a 64-bit build, DX11, the entire game is supposed to be full of tweaks to enemy placement and text and NPCs. The multiplayer isn't going to be compatible because this version is going to have six-player multiplayer and whatnot, like the next-gen console releases.

Apr 2, 2015, 23:19
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 2, 2015, 23:19
Apr 2, 2015, 23:19

Overon wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 18:04:
They are reselling the version of the game with DX11 graphics they promised in the initial release with some different item and enemy placement and more text descriptions. And the graphics especially the shadows and lighting are still not quite what they showed in 2013. Also with graphics mods like GEDOSATO, you largely get the "better graphics" already in the DX9 version. To show you how much they give a shit, they are splitting the community between the DX11 and the DX9 version because those are not multiplayer compatible. They are largely just reselling the game. Oh did I mention that the single player save games are also not compatible and you have to start a new character? You need a chart to keep track of what you get and how much the "upgrade" costs based on what you bought previously. Fuck em.
QFT
I don't know why everyone is so excited to get the shaft from yet another shady publisher. sure their games have a unique hardcore mechanic and are a fun grind, but this is just a BS cash grab that has absolutely no benefit, and actually a lot of detriment to existing owners of their game (unless they pay up, that is..)

Apr 2, 2015, 18:04
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 2, 2015, 18:04
Apr 2, 2015, 18:04

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2015, 18:35.

Apr 2, 2015, 13:20
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 2, 2015, 13:20
Apr 2, 2015, 13:20

On my end in Cali since I own the base game plus the three DLC pack I see the full game price $50 and the upgrade price for those like me who already own the game with all DLC. It shows a price of $30 but is crossed off and says 33% off $20 is my cost to upgrade. I will but not now, Bloodborne has me hooked.

Apr 2, 2015, 12:17
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 2, 2015, 12:17
Apr 2, 2015, 12:17

Maybe it doesn't show you the third option unless you qualify?

Apr 2, 2015, 10:46
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 2, 2015, 10:46
Apr 2, 2015, 10:46

I'm in New York and see it like this on the website (not logged into Steam):

Buy DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin
$49.99
Add to Cart
Buy Upgrade to DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin

Buy this if you own Dark Souls II on Steam for a special upgrade price.
$29.99
Add to Cart
“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Apr 2, 2015, 10:00
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 2, 2015, 10:00
Apr 2, 2015, 10:00

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 09:55:
$50 for the game
$30 for owners of Dark Souls 2 without the DLC
$20 for owners of Darks Souls 2 + DLC

It's right on the Steam page Blue...

Not for me... what region are you in? This is what I see:

Buy DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin
$49.99 Add to Cart

Buy Upgrade to DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin
Buy this if you own Dark Souls II on Steam for a special upgrade price.
$29.99 Add to Cart
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Apr 2, 2015, 09:55
Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 2, 2015, 09:55
Apr 2, 2015, 09:55

$50 for the game
$30 for owners of Dark Souls 2 without the DLC
$20 for owners of Darks Souls 2 + DLC

It's right on the Steam page Blue...
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.