Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's report of the 10 nine bestselling games on Steam last week:

1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. Cities: Skylines
  3. Pillars of Eternity
  4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  5. Pillars of Eternity
  6. Arma 3
  7. Alien: Isolation
  8. Reign Of Kings
  9. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  10. Arma 3 - Extended Edition
View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2015, 01:19  Rigs 

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 13:52:
Rigs wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 01:46:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 23:03:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 22:50:
GTA V need another delay announcement.

Watch. 3 days before release. "Sorry! Sorry! We gotta do it again. See you in June! :D"

If that happens, I'm coming for your hide!

I've already started my countdown on Facebook, so they can't back out again... (barring any stupid April 1st shenanigans)

=-Rigs-=

There's always this: http://mafro.ca/v/

Ooh, very nice! Thank you much! I was looking for something just exactly like that, too!

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 17:32 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 16:31:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 05:55:
Cutter wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 21:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:36:
We will be there.

Ok, got all my Social Club stuff up to speed. How's the hand, buddy? Gonna' be ready 3 weeks from now?

If you see him online playing anything you give him holy fucking hell. Told him I was going to be like his virtual mother and annoy the shit out of him if I see him doing anything to fuck his hand up.

Didn't he mention that he'd found some one-handed games he could play?

Yea, Pillars. But haven't even felt like being on the pc lately.....

42. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 16:31  jdreyer 

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 05:55:
We will be there.

Ok, got all my Social Club stuff up to speed. How's the hand, buddy? Gonna' be ready 3 weeks from now?

If you see him online playing anything you give him holy fucking hell. Told him I was going to be like his virtual mother and annoy the shit out of him if I see him doing anything to fuck his hand up.

Didn't he mention that he'd found some one-handed games he could play?

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

41. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 13:52 ForgedReality

Rigs wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 01:46:

Watch. 3 days before release. "Sorry! Sorry! We gotta do it again. See you in June! :D"

I've already started my countdown on Facebook, so they can't back out again... (barring any stupid April 1st shenanigans)

=-Rigs-=

There's always this: http://mafro.ca/v/

DangerDog wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 04:45:

Is ARMA 3 worth buying?

Arma 3? It's more a combined arms simulator than a game, you need a beefy rig to run it. Don't expect a normal FPS configuration, spacebar won't make you jump - there's no jump in the sim/game. If you want to get over a fence you use a "vault" command that plays an animation of your avatar stepping over something. To enjoy multiplayer you'll need to join a community that uses teamspeak when playing - more so with Arma than other shooters.

Best advice is to go watch some Youtube videos to get an idea if it's something you'll want to invest the time into.

Yeah, it looks cool. I could probably get into it, but it sounds like a lot of prerequisites would make it a pain in the ass. :\ I imagine the hacking/griefing factor is pretty high too. Guess I'll pass.

40. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 12:59 christheshitter

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 13:15:
The Steam pre-order bonus for GTAV is absolutely worthless. Why would I want a money cheat as my pre-order bonus? Should have included some actual content or cosmetic items.

Cosmetic items haha you're funny!

39. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 05:55  The Half Elf 

We will be there.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

38. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 04:45 DangerDog

Is ARMA 3 worth buying?

Arma 3? It's more a combined arms simulator than a game, you need a beefy rig to run it. Don't expect a normal FPS configuration, spacebar won't make you jump - there's no jump in the sim/game. If you want to get over a fence you use a "vault" command that plays an animation of your avatar stepping over something. To enjoy multiplayer you'll need to join a community that uses teamspeak when playing - more so with Arma than other shooters.

Best advice is to go watch some Youtube videos to get an idea if it's something you'll want to invest the time into.

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 01:46  Rigs 

=-Rigs-=

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 23:03  nin 

Still got plenty of time for that.

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 23:03 ForgedReality

Is ARMA 3 worth buying?

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 22:50 DangerDog

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 22:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 20:46:

I also want to know how anybody hasn't complained about your first companion attacking your character with the shove ability. WTF is that about? And so many typos and spelling errors. Did anyone edit the friggin' story? Fanboys rave at this game. They convinced me to buy it. Most BN users would be foaming at the mouth. But somehow this game is so good the usual ravers have been seduced.

Well, the game IS good, great even, in many ways. Minor typos and such will get fixed. UI issues will get fixed. I have had companions attack or be attacked by others in the party if they get mind controlled or confused, but that's what the Pause is for, retarget away from teammates.

Hopefully you don't feel as though you got tricked into buying it or something; I'm enjoying the hell out of Pillars so far, even with the standard Obsidian launch day bugs.

Worst case scenario, wait a week or 2 for some patches, then come back to it.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 21:47 ForgedReality

We will be there.

I just joined the crew too.

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 21:26  Cutter 

We will be there.

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve AustinI don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 21:22 Retired

nin wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 20:30:
Dacron wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:53:
jimnms wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:26:

I was reading about the heists yesterday. Besides a pad, I thought it said you have to be at a certain level too (12 I think?).

Hmmm... I hope I can reset my SP back to 0% and keep my MP character. Would take a while to get back high enough to heist. Haven't bothered trying the heists either, seeing the PC improvements made me wait.

Going from ps3 to ps4, you just migrated your online character. I would guess (hope) we'll do the same here. The character data is on R* servers.

Can just create new SP game, and keep your MP from migration....

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 20:46 Dirwulf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 14:24:
PoEt >> PoE!

Path of Exile = PoE

Pillars of Eternity = PoEt.

Also, there seem to be several annoying UI/interface errors in PoEt, along with the somewhat major Double Click bug.

Chanters seem to be able to get bugged, and will stop singing randomly in combat, even if they aren't hit/interrupted by enemies.

I'm not sure of the cause yet, but it seems to be something related to Swapping them in and out of the party at an Inn, if their Chant Mode is turned on.

I also want to know how anybody hasn't complained about your first companion attacking your character with the shove ability. WTF is that about? And so many typos and spelling errors. Did anyone edit the friggin' story? Fanboys rave at this game. They convinced me to buy it. Most BN users would be foaming at the mouth. But somehow this game is so good the usual ravers have been seduced.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 20:41 LgFriess

Just have to say Pillars is amazing. It's one of these very, very few all consuming titles for me. TV? Food? Do I really need a shower today? Nah, I need to see what's around the next dimly lit corner and figure out a way to get through the next tough fight.  

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 20:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

harlock wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 17:56:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 16:21:
My guys are all 6-7ish, and I haven't even gone to Defiance Bay yet.

just saw this.. and im having a similar problem but not nearly this bad... basically they said at the end of the main story you should be about 8th level.. and remember it doesnt scale, so... also i think the game has a hard level cap at 12

sounds like you skipped right over to endgame content - which i think is what the endless dungeon is designed to be for the most part, aside from the top few levels

Well to be fair, I didn't skip it, my guys are slowly clearing it.

A hard level cap of 12, you say? My goal now is to get to at least level 11 by the end of the game! Although I can see this being difficult, as most humanoids give zero exp, and you only get limited Beastiary experience for monsters/animals. Lockpicking/Trap Disarming to the rescue, maybe.

I can't see how they'd plan on players being only level 8 by the end of the main quest, unless you bypass all the side areas completely.

ps. I think I found some pieces for a Kangaxx style super-boss, but I may be reading too much into it.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 20:30  nin 

Dacron wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:53:

I was reading about the heists yesterday. Besides a pad, I thought it said you have to be at a certain level too (12 I think?).

Hmmm... I hope I can reset my SP back to 0% and keep my MP character. Would take a while to get back high enough to heist. Haven't bothered trying the heists either, seeing the PC improvements made me wait.

Going from ps3 to ps4, you just migrated your online character. I would guess (hope) we'll do the same here. The character data is on R* servers.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 19:53 Dacron

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >