Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Crafting Mastery Details

The Guild Wars 2 website has details on the new crafting mastery coming to Guild Wars 2 in the upcoming Heart of Thorns expansion for ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel. In addition, they outline plans for new map bonuses that will play into this by providing crafting materials. Here's a summary:

Previously, highly sought-after weapons were available through the Mystic Forge, purchased on the trading post, or through drops from enemies or chests in-game. In Heart of Thorns, players can elect to invest Mastery points in the legendary crafting track, setting them on the journey to acquire their legendary weapon.

A related new addition arriving with the expansion is the Map Bonuses System. This new mechanic adds regularly rotated bonuses to explorable maps offering players crafting materials as a reward for completing events. With this system, searching out crafting materials will be a more streamlined experience. It also offers players incentives to return to areas to earn the materials they need.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Crafting Mastery Details Mar 28, 2015, 18:48 Squirmer

The Super Adventure Box (the "8bit mini-game") is not even accessible in the game at the moment. Sounds like old Jonjonz has some weird grudge against this game and hasn't actually played it "recently" like he claims. Also it's nowhere near "deserted", and I doubt Perfect World is the first game to use the term "legendary weapons".  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Crafting Mastery Details Mar 28, 2015, 18:15 Axis

Jonjonz wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 08:04:

If your thinking of trying this game, I hope you like jumping puzzles and 8bit retro mini-games.

You're doing it wrong. very very wrong.

I personally don't love GW2, but it has it's place and its perfect for my kid, the most kid-friendly mmo out there without being *too* easy. He and his friends do nothing but pvp/wvw/1v1. They even level all their alts via pvp with tomes, tho he'll occasionally run dungeons for fun or mats or whatever.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Crafting Mastery Details Mar 28, 2015, 08:59 Verno

Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 6, 2015, 07:53 Jonjonz

This game is so over, logged in after being gone for 2 years, completely deserted.

Silly hats, jumping puzzles, and crappy 8bit graphics just don't fill the bill for most people.

Hmm, I'm sensing a pattern here

Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Crafting Mastery Details Mar 28, 2015, 08:04 Jonjonz

Funny how this supposedly new and original game totally copied "Legendary Weapons" from Perfect World. Not just the name, but the entire process is close to identical.

Went back recently and found the game mostly deserted.

If your thinking of trying this game, I hope you like jumping puzzles and 8bit retro mini-games.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Crafting Mastery Details Mar 28, 2015, 03:27 jacobvandy

It's more of a reward track and collections sequence that will unlock the ability for you to craft your own [single, account-bound] precursor upon completion, using the existing crafting professions. It's good news for anyone interested in making a legendary, since you can avoid a major chunk of the cost this way and it's a lot more reliable than praying to RNGesus... I'm sure the gold price of looted precursors will be reduced some, accordingly, but they'll still be worth quite a bit to those who have more money than time.

Interestingly, new legendaries that will be released with HoT will not be tradeable, nor will their precursors. So I would think the system described here is going to be the only way to go about acquiring them.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2015, 03:37.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo