Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched

Patch 6 is now live in Dragon Age: Inquisition, offering the latest improvements and changes for BioWare's RPG sequel. Word is: "Patch 6 for Dragon Age: Inquisition improves overall game stability, implements a number of bug fixes, and introduces some multiplayer improvements. The Katari multiplayer kit now has more HP and generates guard on hit. PC-specific: PC users will see improvements in mouse look toggle, and we’ve added binding support for mice with more than two buttons." The BioWare blog has details and the complete patch notes in various languages. Here they are in English:
==============================

Dragon Age™: Inquisition Patch 6

==============================

[PC] Enabled binding of additional mouse buttons for mice with more than two buttons.
[PC] Fixed issue that caused abilities to not be usable in tactical mode when using mouse look toggle.
[PC] Fixed issue that caused mouse look toggle to turn off during looting.
[PC] Fixed issue that prevented resurrecting characters who had died in deep water.
[PC] Fixed issue that could cause the journal to act in unexpected ways when expanding categories with the mouse.
Improved stability.
Changed Solas’s quest “What Lies Dormant” to trigger when reading the after-action report for “Measure Veil Strength” instead of when the time completes.
Fixed issue that could break the “Perseverance” quest in certain circumstances.
Fixed case where the GUI did not come back after opting out of light conversations in certain circumstances.
Adjusted position of mosaic pieces for “The Fall” so they can all be collected.
Fixed issue that caused some dragonlings in the Hinterlands to become non-hostile when the dragon was killed.
Fixed issue that caused the cave opened by the Abyssal High Dragon to become closed again in certain circumstances.
Buffed the Katari multiplayer kit slightly so that it has more HP and generates guard on hit.
Fixed issue where Shatter and Rupture combos would be reported twice in multiplayer session stats.
Made change to prevent players from salvaging items that are equipped by other character kits in multiplayer.
View : : :
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
Mar 24, 2015, 08:35
SXO
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 24, 2015, 08:35
Mar 24, 2015, 08:35
SXO

It took 6 patches before they gave you the ability to bind additional mouse keys? Does anyone even care about making games for the PC platform anymore?

Mar 23, 2015, 23:56
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 23:56
Mar 23, 2015, 23:56

Creston wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 23:22:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 21:46:
I stopped playing a week after release and have not bothered with it since. Please, somebody tell me this has since then been address or fixed... since the only thing that matters to me is the combat. Have they fixed the mess that is the tactical combat option for the PC version? Or do party members still teleport to you after you set them up and tell the ranged fighters to stay clear?

Nothing destroys the fun of a battle with a huge dragon more than arranging your team from the tactical over-head and then when switching to the fighter who is up close and personal you find your entire party has stupidly warped or teleported to your side just to be stomped to the ground by the dragon you just told them to attack at a distance. How the fuck that made it through play testing... I would really like to know? Needless to say that is the very last game that I will buy from Biowares on release day. From DA:I on I will demo their games or I will not purchase them. Tired of the BS and the reviewers not a one mentioning this issue. Not even Anger Fuckin' Joe.

Edit: Ah, isn't that convenient they patch just before releasing a new DLC. So very special.

? They stay at ranged for me, but Dragons do have a special attack that draws everyone into melee range, and they use it OFTEN.

That said, if you as the main character run too far away from the dragon itself, it seems you trip some sort of "OHMUHGERD RUN!" mode that makes all party members return to you. It's happened to me a few times, but really only if I go quite a ways away from the Dragon.

I wind up having to reset my party members maybe 3 or 4 times per Dragon fight or so, so it's not too bad, I feel. It'd be kinda boring if you set them once and then you just watch the Dragon's health bar go down for ten minutes, too.

I wouldn't bitch except they touted the tactical combat feature when it was really a lie

Mike Laidlaw does nothing BUT lie. I think he's trying to become the next Peter Molyeneneneuuxuxuxx. "Dragon Age Inquisition is a PC Game made by PC Gamers!"

I mean, I still really enjoy the game, but it's NOT a fucking PC game.

Yeah, I remember the Dragon having some type of ability to pull you toward it if you were within its range. But the party members teleporting or rubber banding toward the character you enter while exiting the tactical over-head happens no matter where/what you are fighting. I don't remember it being there 100% of the time but it happened enough to ruin the games combat for me. If you can't control them enough to make them stay in place there is no tactical period. The way they sold it with the preview/demo videos made it seem like it was a return to what Origins had as far as tactical combat or at the very least a huge step in that direction. In reality it wasn't close. Not IMO.

Lesson learned, again... thanks Biowares.

Mar 23, 2015, 23:28
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 23:28
Mar 23, 2015, 23:28

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 15:41:
I'm starting to think I should wait for the Colossal Order version.

Thumbsup Nod

Mar 23, 2015, 23:27
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 23:27
Mar 23, 2015, 23:27

harlock wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 14:12:
also im still waiting for them to add a face edit feature to the in-game portion... i dont understand why this isnt available.. it needs to be in every game that has detailed face creation, IMO - or at least ones like bioware where you have to stare at the fucker up close during all the cutscenes

Amen. What's even weirder is that they always give you this particular lighting setup during char-gen, and then said lighting setup NEVER gets repeated in the actual game, so your character looks nothing like you thought it would. DA:I isn't as terrible as Mass Effect (where Shepard looks NOTHING like what you made in the char-gen), but it's still pretty bad.

Laidlaw even said that they specifically made a Neutral lighting setup for DA:I char-gen. Which, of course, was another lie, since it's clearly the same lighting setup as the Veil.

It's ridiculous that nobody at Bioware understands this...

Mar 23, 2015, 23:22
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 23:22
Mar 23, 2015, 23:22

I stopped playing a week after release and have not bothered with it since. Please, somebody tell me this has since then been address or fixed... since the only thing that matters to me is the combat. Have they fixed the mess that is the tactical combat option for the PC version? Or do party members still teleport to you after you set them up and tell the ranged fighters to stay clear?

Nothing destroys the fun of a battle with a huge dragon more than arranging your team from the tactical over-head and then when switching to the fighter who is up close and personal you find your entire party has stupidly warped or teleported to your side just to be stomped to the ground by the dragon you just told them to attack at a distance. How the fuck that made it through play testing... I would really like to know? Needless to say that is the very last game that I will buy from Biowares on release day. From DA:I on I will demo their games or I will not purchase them. Tired of the BS and the reviewers not a one mentioning this issue. Not even Anger Fuckin' Joe.

Edit: Ah, isn't that convenient they patch just before releasing a new DLC. So very special.

? They stay at ranged for me, but Dragons do have a special attack that draws everyone into melee range, and they use it OFTEN.

That said, if you as the main character run too far away from the dragon itself, it seems you trip some sort of "OHMUHGERD RUN!" mode that makes all party members return to you. It's happened to me a few times, but really only if I go quite a ways away from the Dragon.

I wind up having to reset my party members maybe 3 or 4 times per Dragon fight or so, so it's not too bad, I feel. It'd be kinda boring if you set them once and then you just watch the Dragon's health bar go down for ten minutes, too.

I wouldn't bitch except they touted the tactical combat feature when it was really a lie

Mike Laidlaw does nothing BUT lie. I think he's trying to become the next Peter Molyeneneneuuxuxuxx. "Dragon Age Inquisition is a PC Game made by PC Gamers!"

I mean, I still really enjoy the game, but it's NOT a fucking PC game.

Mar 23, 2015, 23:13
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 23:13
Mar 23, 2015, 23:13

Redmask wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 22:58:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 21:54:

Hold Position? Maybe try that option? Bad player is bad. lol...

Your post seems much shittier than his. Your party members get teleported to you automatically based on distance from the current party leader regardless of your hold position command. The way hold position is implemented (the tactical cam in general really) is also not terribly optimal and the party AI itself is atrocious. Ranged characters needlessly moving into engagement ranges that don't favor them, melee characters moving monsters around for no reason, poor use of abilities and shit like that. The removal of customization of party AI is to blame here, a previous strength of the franchise turned into a weakness.

Dragon Age Inquisition isn't a horrible game but its combat isn't exactly its best quality.

Ah, thanks? I guess. But yeah, Dirwulf... did you read the post? Go back to the green highlights. Use of Hold doesn't work unless everyone is within a close proximity of the character you take control of when you leave the tactical overhead. I wouldn't bitch except they touted the tactical combat feature when it was really a lie... just a half ass attempt from what I experienced.

Mar 23, 2015, 22:58
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 22:58
Mar 23, 2015, 22:58

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 21:54:

Your post seems much shittier than his. Your party members get teleported to you automatically based on distance from the current party leader regardless of your hold position command. The way hold position is implemented (the tactical cam in general really) is also not terribly optimal and the party AI itself is atrocious. Ranged characters needlessly moving into engagement ranges that don't favor them, melee characters moving monsters around for no reason, poor use of abilities and shit like that. The removal of customization of party AI is to blame here, a previous strength of the franchise turned into a weakness.

Dragon Age Inquisition isn't a horrible game but its combat isn't exactly its best quality.

Mar 23, 2015, 21:54
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 21:54
Mar 23, 2015, 21:54

Mar 23, 2015, 21:46
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 21:46
Mar 23, 2015, 21:46

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2015, 21:52.

Mar 23, 2015, 21:09
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 21:09
Mar 23, 2015, 21:09

A lot of you need to figure out how to use the "F" key when looting apparently...

I just noticed this in my achievements for the game

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Jaws of Hakkon

Is this an expansion they haven't announced yet? Yes, apparently they are leaked achievements. But how can they be leaked when they are in Origin?

Further research says this is DLC being released tomorrow. SWEEEET!!

AAAAnnd according to another post I found it's already out on Xbone by accident, but EA has decided not to pull it.

I have 255 hours logged on this game. I'm on my 3rd playthrough.

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2015, 21:24.

Mar 23, 2015, 20:12
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 20:12
Mar 23, 2015, 20:12

ldonyo wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 14:24:
To paraphrase Chun from Remo Williams, "I see the deadly EA has done its evil work."

There isn't a franchise created by an acquired development studio that EA can't turn to shit, usually right before shutting down that same studio.

Chiun... And there's a new spinoff to the series, called Legacy, about Remo's two offspring, for those of us that didn't get into The Destroyer previously... First e-book is only $2.55 on amazon : )

Mar 23, 2015, 19:39
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 19:39
Mar 23, 2015, 19:39

I just beat this game the other night. Was fun, but I'm a bit disappointed that it's essentially a continuation of DA2's DLC mission. After you beat the "big bad" you get a few moments of other characters wrapping up their arcs...until a weird "twist"...that makes absolutely no sense.

I'll be damned if I'm not driven to roll a new character and play again, though.

Mar 23, 2015, 18:48
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 18:48
Mar 23, 2015, 18:48

I'm getting 5MB/sec from Origin right now. Must be a problem in your region.

Mar 23, 2015, 18:45
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 18:45
Mar 23, 2015, 18:45

Shok wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 17:14:
Origin is being ddos'd or something since the download rate for the patch is slower on my cable modem than a 56k modem from 20 years ago:

http://i.imgur.com/ODClR8z.png

It's easy to take the quick STEAM downloads for granted.

still happening

Mar 23, 2015, 17:55
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 17:55
Mar 23, 2015, 17:55

Also 800 megs for 15 bug fixes?

Mar 23, 2015, 17:14
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 17:14
Mar 23, 2015, 17:14

Origin is being ddos'd or something since the download rate for the patch is slower on my cable modem than a 56k modem from 20 years ago:

http://i.imgur.com/ODClR8z.png

It's easy to take the quick STEAM downloads for granted.

Mar 23, 2015, 16:38
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 16:38
Mar 23, 2015, 16:38

Tried the XBone free trial. Seems pretty cool, but I have so much to play right now that I will just wait until it's super cheap.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Mar 23, 2015, 15:41
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 15:41
Mar 23, 2015, 15:41

I'm starting to think I should wait for the Colossal Order version.

Mar 23, 2015, 15:21
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 15:21
Mar 23, 2015, 15:21

'You patch like a pregnant yak.'

Mar 23, 2015, 14:24
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 14:24
Mar 23, 2015, 14:24

To paraphrase Chun from Remo Williams, "I see the deadly EA has done its evil work."

There isn't a franchise created by an acquired development studio that EA can't turn to shit, usually right before shutting down that same studio.
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older