Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Top 10

There are the 10 bestselling games on Steam last week according to Valve:

1. Cities: Skylines
  2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
  4. Reign Of Kings
  5. Cities: Skylines
  6. Ori and the Blind Forest
  7. The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  8. H1Z1
  9. BioShock Triple Pack
  10. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete Edition
View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 24, 2015, 08:18 Tim1_2

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 06:26:
JayDeath wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:23:
Everyone should be playing Cities: Skylines. It's pretty fantastic even with the commercial zone bug although the mod fix seems to have corrected that problem for me. I have about 75,000 on 3 tiles so far and I can't stop building. I love this game!

I've started 4 cities and wiped them from scratch refining how I build them every time. I have yet to run into a design that I like long enough to keep playing for more than 5 hours straight. If there's one thing that's actually missing, it's disasters.

Yeah, the odd natural disaster would add a welcome wrench into the generally pleasant proceedings.

Currently playing: ARMA 3 mods and DayZ
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. No subject Mar 23, 2015, 06:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Everyone should be playing Cities: Skylines. It's pretty fantastic even with the commercial zone bug although the mod fix seems to have corrected that problem for me. I have about 75,000 on 3 tiles so far and I can't stop building. I love this game!

I've started 4 cities and wiped them from scratch refining how I build them every time. I have yet to run into a design that I like long enough to keep playing for more than 5 hours straight. If there's one thing that's actually missing, it's disasters.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 22:06 Quinn

descender wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 20:12:
I have not seen a positive review on it yet.

Almost every review of "Reign of Kings" is positive, and it's 3:1 positive on Steam user reviews.

What the fuck has become of the PC gaming community. Motherfucking hell. And fuck me lets whine about how one journalist expressed his subjective opinion that he prefers playing The Witcher 3 with a controller. C'mon, lets horde that thread some more after we're done dry-humping the shit out of a pile of shite like Reign of Kings -- cause it's indie! w00t!

*Grumpy heads to bed*

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 20:12 descender

I have not seen a positive review on it yet.

Almost every review of "Reign of Kings" is positive, and it's 3:1 positive on Steam user reviews. The only negativity I can find about it are people still whining about the last game they tried to make.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 18:36 Ozmodan

Wow people will buy anything. Reign of Kings is a horrible game. It takes place on a tiny island. I have not seen a positive review on it yet.  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 17:31 Flak

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:40:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:36:
City building games are so lame. Call me when you can kill all the people and add nuclear weapons. Its right up there with the Sims.
There will be a mod for this unless there already is one.

Lol why would you even reply to this asshat?

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 17:23  Cutter 

Cereal? People are paying $70 for the ESO client? Lulz!
Rolleyes

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 16:13 Creston

The commercial zone bug was fixed in the last patch.

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 14:39:
My buildings are rarely devolving and it seems impossible for population growth ever to be in the negative.

It will go negative, but in cycles. When you have a lot of seniors and they die, you get a year or so of negative growth where you lose ~ 10% of your population. It stabilizes and continues to grow again the next year, only to repeat after the cims' 6 year life-cycle.

If you continue to provide for your cims and build according to demand, it'd be hard to see why your population would decline?

That said, it is not a terribly difficult game, no. If your city fails, it'll fail in the beginning, and even then it's not that hard to recover.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 16:07 DukeFNukem

Who do you work for? Who sent you? WHO SENT YOU?

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 15:18 Rhino

siapnar wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 14:58:
Slashman wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 14:18:
Anno 2070 kind of fills this niche. Lots of war ships and nuclear subs even. I'm actually playing it right now.
I've been wanting to check out Anno 2070, so I took a look at the Steam page for it.
A lot of pissed of users... apparently Uplay is causing the game to crash or not launch for a ton of people after Ubi put out a patch for it last October and haven't bothered fixing it.

Neither my wife nor I have experience any grand scale issue. When we first installed we did so through Steam. That caused problems when launching the game for the first time. Uninstall, reinstall through Uplay, game worked fine ever since. From OUR experiences, this is an easily fixed issue; but I certainly cannot comment on what others are going through.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 14:58 siapnar

Slashman wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 14:18:
Anno 2070 kind of fills this niche. Lots of war ships and nuclear subs even. I'm actually playing it right now.
I've been wanting to check out Anno 2070, so I took a look at the Steam page for it.
A lot of pissed of users... apparently Uplay is causing the game to crash or not launch for a ton of people after Ubi put out a patch for it last October and haven't bothered fixing it.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 14:39 Dmitri_M

Anyone finding Cities a little too easy? I recall having a harder time keeping my citizens happy in Simcity 4, though it's been 2 years since I played that title.

Crime seems non-existent. My buildings are rarely devolving and it seems impossible for population growth ever to be in the negative.

There's a layer of depth missing to the game. It's almost there, just not quite. Perhaps something simple like more detailed stats would help. Or giving the player the impression that they could micromanage (the individual building budget sliders in Simcity 4).

Still a great city builder though. The road network creation system is very flexible and a lot of fun to use.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2015, 14:44.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 14:18 Slashman

City building games are so lame. Call me when you can kill all the people and add nuclear weapons. Its right up there with the Sims.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 13:46 verybad1

It would be cool if you could build a city, then play an RTS or FPS in it with destroyable stuff...  

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 13:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the.... Pillars of Eternity pre-order isn't even on this list! Come on, humanity!

Hopefully once word gets around, PoEt does a lot better post release day.

That aside, who has Ori and the Blind Forest? That game looks gorgeous!

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 13:40  BIGtrouble77 

There will be a mod for this unless there already is one.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 13:36 [VG]Reagle

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 13:35  jdreyer 

Cities: Skylines still number 1. Dear EA, you done goofed!  

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 13:23 JayDeath

Steam: BenRichards

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >