Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End

The promised update is now live in The Elder Scrolls Online, marking the launch of ESO: Tamriel Unlimited, allowing the MMORPG to be played without any subscription fees. This support page has a FAQ addressing questions this may raise, and this Guide to ESO Plus Premium Membership explains the benefits that remain for those willing to pay for them. This post offers complete patch notes on the new version 2.1, beginning with this overview:

We’re excited to introduce The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited! If you previously purchased ESO, your characters are ready to continue the adventure right now. And if you’re currently subscribed, you’ve automatically become a member of ESO Plus, our new premium membership!

We also have a number of fixes included in this patch including resolutions for the remaining issues with Enlightenment, random UI error messages, and more. Be sure to check out the full list of fixes below. This patch will be approximately 1-2GB in size.

We’re thrilled to begin this new chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online. Welcome to Tamriel Unlimited!

View
66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

66. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End May 3, 2015, 12:15 Icewind

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 1, 2015, 12:06:
InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:45:
Have any of you ESO players played through Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

This is not an Elder Scrolls game. It's an MMO skinner box. A reskin of a favorite setting raped in the typical MMO fashion. Sorry to rain on your parade but to me gameplay has to go hand in hand with story and atmosphere, I can't play an MMO such as this one and pretend to be in Tamriel. The whole experience is frustrating and completely breaks any and all immersion. Sorry, but this is not an Elder Scrolls MMO done right.

I beat Oblivion and Skyrim multiple times. I played Morrowind but didn't beat it. I own and played the original game - Arena too.

I like ESO.

YMMV.

Don't know if anyone still visits this thread, but I'm a diehard Elder Scrolls fan, from Daggerfall days. I've beaten Daggerfall 5 times, gone throguh Morrowind 3 times, beat Oblivion twice and Skyrim once....

and I LOVE ESO.

Yeah, it doesn't play like an Elder Scrolls game, sure, but it shares a lot of what made those games fun. Like heavy lore, large worlds with lots to explore in them, and a great crafting system.

I do wish the characters were class-less, and that the combat was more reactive, but for an MMORPG it's light years ahead of its competitors, IMHO.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

65. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End May 1, 2015, 12:06 Silicon Avatar

This is not an Elder Scrolls game. It's an MMO skinner box. A reskin of a favorite setting raped in the typical MMO fashion. Sorry to rain on your parade but to me gameplay has to go hand in hand with story and atmosphere, I can't play an MMO such as this one and pretend to be in Tamriel. The whole experience is frustrating and completely breaks any and all immersion. Sorry, but this is not an Elder Scrolls MMO done right.

I beat Oblivion and Skyrim multiple times. I played Morrowind but didn't beat it. I own and played the original game - Arena too.

I like ESO.

YMMV.

64. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 19, 2015, 04:07 Theo

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 03:13:
Loving some of the changes. The dye is great, coming from GW2 where I can color everything. Justice system is cool, loving stealing from merchants and outrunning the guards. Been crafting and exploring and doing side quests and forgetting the main quest....just like Skyrim. So...yeah, it's an Elder Scrolls game.

Looking forward to phase 2 of the justice system where players can police bounty's them selves

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

63. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 19, 2015, 03:13 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 01:09:
Drayth wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:47:
Definitely snagging that full immersion mod.

I installed via original discs last night to get a "head start" on the rest of the downloading... and yeah, had to download about 35 gigs more. Didn't look at the finished size of the install, some of that has to be overwrites of existing data.

Game is completely different from the original, so that doesn't surprise me.

Loving some of the changes. The dye is great, coming from GW2 where I can color everything. Justice system is cool, loving stealing from merchants and outrunning the guards. Been crafting and exploring and doing side quests and forgetting the main quest....just like Skyrim. So...yeah, it's an Elder Scrolls game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

62. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 19, 2015, 01:09 Retired

Drayth wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:47:

I installed via original discs last night to get a "head start" on the rest of the downloading... and yeah, had to download about 35 gigs more. Didn't look at the finished size of the install, some of that has to be overwrites of existing data.

Game is completely different from the original, so that doesn't surprise me.

61. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 19, 2015, 01:06 Retired

Yup, played them all, and still enjoy the hell out of this game. For reasons previously listed.

60. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 19, 2015, 01:04 Retired

Acleacius wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:44:
Think we will get Steam keys now, since it's all the same? Not to mention it would probably help bandwidth, having another download site like Steam. I guess they will be getting hammered for the next week from downloads.

The Steam page says 80 gig hard drive space is required, has the game really grown 40 gig more, since release?
My folder is 41.6 GB

/maybe DL+install?

59. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 18, 2015, 11:47 Drayth

58. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 18, 2015, 11:44 Acleacius

Think we will get Steam keys now, since it's all the same? Not to mention it would probably help bandwidth, having another download site like Steam. I guess they will be getting hammered for the next week from downloads.

The Steam page says 80 gig hard drive space is required, has the game really grown 40 gig more, since release?

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

57. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 18, 2015, 03:45 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

56. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 18, 2015, 01:26 Agent.X7

Yeah, hehe. Messing around all day with it on and off.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

55. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 18, 2015, 01:13 Retired

Game keeps crashing. Saw Agent in game though.

Ill have to mess with it later.

54. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 21:28 Darks

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 20:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 19:12:
Thanks for the info on that inventory mod. I have the following mods installed via MINION.

HarvestMap
Inventory Grid View
Inventory Item Borders
LoreBooks (I read EVERYTHING)
Mundusmap
SkyShards
Slightly Improved Experience Bar
SoftCapInfo
TreasureMaps
Wykkyd's Full Immersion

All found from that previous mod link, install Minion software and it will install them for you. Then you can check and uncheck the mods in the menu in the game before you load. If they are in RED on the menu in game, they are out of date and may not work.

OOh, harvest map, need to check that out.

Be careful of the harvest map. I know earlier version wold start causing a lot of screen lag because of all the location data. Not sure if thats fixed now.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

53. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 17, 2015, 21:09 Lorcin

There's a marked difference here between FTP and PTP. SWTOR is supposedly FTP but they're trying to wring the free players for ever cent. ESO is going the guild wars Purchase to Play system which rightly should include no more monetization than something like WoW.

For me they REALLY need a demo - I played the beta, all it did was inspire me to reinstall Skyrim again. As for SWTOR in launch month I got to max level cap and had raided all the content in the game - yeah I had fun but would I pay for a MMO I basically clocked by my goals in the first month?

52. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 20:21 Agent.X7

Thanks for the info on that inventory mod. I have the following mods installed via MINION.

HarvestMap
Inventory Grid View
Inventory Item Borders
Mundusmap
SkyShards
SoftCapInfo
TreasureMaps
Wykkyd's Full Immersion

All found from that previous mod link, install Minion software and it will install them for you. Then you can check and uncheck the mods in the menu in the game before you load. If they are in RED on the menu in game, they are out of date and may not work.

OOh, harvest map, need to check that out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

51. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 19:59 Darks

HarvestMap
Inventory Grid View
Inventory Item Borders
Mundusmap
SkyShards
SoftCapInfo
TreasureMaps
Wykkyd's Full Immersion

No problem, and as for those out of date ones., just uncheck and allow out of date mods t o load. mine work fine.

50. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 19:12 Retired

HarvestMap
Inventory Grid View
Inventory Item Borders
Mundusmap
SkyShards
SoftCapInfo
TreasureMaps
Wykkyd's Full Immersion

49. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 18:21 Osc8r

This game is still going? I've played MMO's since UO and i have to say, these game was one of the most mundane and boring i've played to date.

If you get your kicks out of lore maybe the game offers a different experience, but the quests and combat are dull as all fook IMO.

And hell, even WOW's PVP was better and that's about as bad as they come.

48. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 18:19 Agent.X7

If anyone is interested in playing this:

I originally bought the game digitally so I could play the pre-release. Then I got the Collector's Edition physically.

I have an unused game code + Explorer's Pack code from my CE that have never been used. (The Imperial Edition code has been used by me.) I will go half-price, $30, for any Blueser that wants it. Shoot me an email - my user name @ gmail
I will type the codes and send you a pic of them if you buy them.

(I'd do a give away, but I am between jobs and broke. )

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

47. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 18:17 Darks

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 17:31:
Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 16:25:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 16:03:

That explained it very well. Did you find the veteran/faction areas boring to play through? as in, it's a tedious grind fest of sit down, regen health/mana and then kill pack of monsters and repeat. I only played the beta of this game off the start for not even a week. I found it very similar to (insert 99% of major MMOs here).

Pretty much, I don't like leveling. I find it a chore to get to what I actually enjoy which is loot progression and raids. Some of the most fun I had in a video game was Naxramas pre-first expansion WoW since it was crazy hard. If you don't think it was, you never played it.

No, Im not constantly having to sit and heal. My Nightblade the way she is setup just annihilates stuff. I can usually take on three at a time maybe 4. but it gets a bit touchy after that. and boss fights can be a bit touch. but the way my Nightblade Siphons off health from creatures I usually don't spend a lot of time healing or pooping potions. Health regens pretty fast ehn out of combat so thats nit a big issue.

66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo