Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month

Gearbox Software announces the Claptastic Voyage DLC and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 will be released on March 24th for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, their Borderlands 2 prequel. On a related note, a new trailer (thanks nin) is online, offering the news in motion. Here's the deal:
Claptastic Voyage, a new downloadable campaign add-on for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, is coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Steam on March 24*, along with an additional level cap increase with the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2!

In Claptastic Voyage, Handsome Jack has found something ludicrously powerful within Claptrap’s mind. Never one to turn down a chance at more power, Handsome Jack digitizes the vault hunters and sends them inside! Their goal is simple: find the mysterious “H-Source” code and get out of Claptrap’s consciousness without going completely insane. These anti-heroes will have to deal with Claptrap’s personal insecurities, his malware, and digital representations of his crushing loneliness!

Claptastic Voyage will answer important Borderlands questions like why Claptrap loves dubstep so much all while exploring his inner most thoughts. You’ll also get a chance to visit all-new environments and make new friends (plus run into some old ones get some new gear as well as new unique Achievements or Trophies. On top of that, Claptastic Voyage features a customizable new mutator arena that lets you choose your own gravity settings, enemy mixes, and more. There’s also a brand new glitched weapons system and many more fun surprises for you to discover!

Additionally, the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 is included as bonus content in the last add-on pack in the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, which raises the level cap to 70, giving each of your characters 10 new levels, plus 10 new skill points to earn!

If you’ve already picked up the Season Pass, Claptastic Voyage and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 are included. For players that haven’t, these items will be sold together as one pack for $9.99. The Season Pass is still available for $29.99 and grants access to all four add-on content packs – a $39.96 value! – as they become available on Xbox Live, PSN, Windows PC, Mac, and Linux. While each add-on content pack is available for sale individually, the Season Pass offers all four packs for just about the price of three!

The Season Pass also includes the previously-released Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack, which makes Borderlands 2’s maniacal antagonist playable for the first time (or at least someone who looks an awful lot like him), as well as the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught, which raises the level cap to 60 while offering a new challenge arena, and the Lady Hammerlock Pack, which lets you play as the cold-as-ice sister of everybody’s favorite researcher, Sir Hammerlock!

Like all Season Pass add-on content for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Claptastic Voyage and Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 will be included in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on March 24 in North America and March 27 internationally.

* Coming on Wednesday, March 25 on PS3 in Europe and Oceania.

View : : :
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month
Mar 9, 2015, 17:50
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 17:50
Mar 9, 2015, 17:50

The best part of Borderlands so far was Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep, which had a hell of a funny storyline and setting (Duke of Orc... /lol), was challenging but still managed to include some poignant moments (no spoilers).

The Critical Fail quest was one of the best in game (although trying to help Claptrap become a badass mage was also pretty groovy). And the negotiating with the dwarven allies...

The downside of BL for me has always been that I complete the game, then DLC trickles out. I've finished an Athena playthrough and I'll wait 6-12 months before scooping up all the DLC and finishing out.

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month
Mar 9, 2015, 17:15
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 17:15
Mar 9, 2015, 17:15

I have 102 hours into it. It is a hell of a lot better than the first one (that being said, the first one at the time was the cat's ass), and is a nice extension to the 2nd game.

I really enjoy it and hope to get back to it. I am about half way through with the Jack character. I like the different dialog with each toon in their play through.

/edit: watched the video! hahahah this is going to be awesome. As a big fan of all games, I am sure there is great dialog that goes with "going back in time" er memories. Super cool.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2015, 17:24.

Mar 9, 2015, 16:43
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 16:43
Mar 9, 2015, 16:43

I'm a big fan of BL, but really, it's starting to wear thin. I really like Handsome Jack and think even BLPS had some good moments, but I want gameplay. And I'm tired of some of the writing schticks.

You'd think a game that built its fame around gameplay and loot would innovate more on both fronts.

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month
Mar 9, 2015, 13:32
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 13:32
Mar 9, 2015, 13:32

Sicotic wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 13:16:
I seriously doubt it's worse than the first BL.

What??? I really enjoyed the first, better than the second.

The first was alright but it had it's issues being barren. BL1 survived off the loot mechanic and the gimmick of unique cell shading if we're honest.

BL2 was pretty much a snore-fest but once you got out of the boring parts it was just ok.

Mar 9, 2015, 13:16
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 13:16
Mar 9, 2015, 13:16

What??? I really enjoyed the first, better than the second.

Mar 9, 2015, 12:57
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 12:57

Axis wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 10:36:
Love ARPGs. Love FPSs. Love FPS ARPGs...

Yet I'm entirely sick of borderlands since about a year or so ago.

Go persistent with a proper economy or go home.

Borderlands was always mediocre, it had the diablo kick that kept it alive and you playing it. The first one was unique if bland, the second one was just all over the map and got tedious in places.

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 12:57

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 12:10:
Agreed. It just feels like more DLC. Time to move along.

Well it IS DLC...

Mar 9, 2015, 12:27
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 12:27
Mar 9, 2015, 12:27

Claptastic Voyage sounds like a sex tourism trip to Thailand that ends with a doctor's visit and a penicillin shot.

Mar 9, 2015, 12:10
Cutter

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 12:10
Mar 9, 2015, 12:10
 Cutter

Agreed. It just feels like more DLC. Time to move along.
"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Mar 9, 2015, 11:39
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 11:39
Mar 9, 2015, 11:39

Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 11:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 11:04:
I know what ya mean Axis. I maybe have 5 or 6 hours in Pre-Sequel and just didn't hook me like the previous ones.

Let me guess, you probably played it alone?

These games are defiantly not as much fun when going it alone. Not sure if you tried it Coop, but Its the only way to really play his series.

That would not be a guess, that would be an assumption. And it would be wrong. There just wasn't enough 'new/shiny' in it and overall felt like a very expensive expansion.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:29
nin

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 11:29
Mar 9, 2015, 11:29
 nin

Omni wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 11:13:
nin wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 09:48:
Actually getting a little psyched to play the presequel. Been away from BL long enough that the idea doesn't sound bad, now.

Don't get ur hopes up. Its the worse BL game to date.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:13
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 11:13
Mar 9, 2015, 11:13

Actually getting a little psyched to play the presequel. Been away from BL long enough that the idea doesn't sound bad, now.

Don't get ur hopes up. Its the worse BL game to date.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:08
Darks

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 11:08
Mar 9, 2015, 11:08
 Darks

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 11:04:
I know what ya mean Axis. I maybe have 5 or 6 hours in Pre-Sequel and just didn't hook me like the previous ones.

Let me guess, you probably played it alone?

These games are defiantly not as much fun when going it alone. Not sure if you tried it Coop, but Its the only way to really play his series.
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Mar 9, 2015, 11:04
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 11:04
Mar 9, 2015, 11:04

Mar 9, 2015, 10:36
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 10:36
Mar 9, 2015, 10:36

Love ARPGs. Love FPSs. Love FPS ARPGs...

Yet I'm entirely sick of borderlands since about a year or so ago.

Go persistent with a proper economy or go home.
Yours truly,

Axis

Mar 9, 2015, 10:15
Darks

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 10:15
Mar 9, 2015, 10:15
 Darks

We have been playing it at our LAN sessions for the past several weeks. its been a lot of fun so far. this add-on looks pretty neat, but ultimately we will wait for a sale to buy all of the add-ons.
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues
Mar 9, 2015, 10:11
Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 9, 2015, 10:11
Mar 9, 2015, 10:11

I'm a huge Borderlands fan myself but, I waited on Pre-Sequel because I felt like it was just Borderlands 2.5, when what I really wanted was a 3.

I just picked it up for 30 during the SteamOS sale.

After playing for a few hours with a buddy, I can honestly say it's got the same humor and charm I've come to enjoy, the Laser weapons are awesome, and the class abilities are still somehow unique. I hope at some point in the future they'll do a Borderlands with all of the old playable characters and their abilities. Because after playing Athena I don't want to not play her in another Borderlands. Finally, an actual tank class, that can absorb bullets and taunt things off friendlies. I love her.
-C22

Mar 9, 2015, 09:48
nin

Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & DLC This Month Mar 9, 2015, 09:48
Mar 9, 2015, 09:48
 nin

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older