Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

On Sale

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: On Sale Mar 7, 2015, 02:46 jdreyer

Axis wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 18:19:
Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 15:45:
Always glad to find some common ground with you Axis. You'll be pleased that DQ2 is in very active development and its coming this year, one of the devs posts updates and concept art on SA. They're also going to release a patch for the original with new sprites and models for free which is awesome. I'm a huge fan of the original, I think the sequel will be something special.

Have to agree with ya Verno, the majority of us aren't really all that different -- it's the few fringe we all need to be careful of.

The DQ news is great, I'd prolly play it again if the new one is a ways away.

I loved Defender's Quest, and have championed it on this site several times. Great game, both narratively and from a gameplay perspective.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 18:19 Axis

Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 15:45:
Always glad to find some common ground with you Axis. You'll be pleased that DQ2 is in very active development and its coming this year, one of the devs posts updates and concept art on SA. They're also going to release a patch for the original with new sprites and models for free which is awesome. I'm a huge fan of the original, I think the sequel will be something special.

Have to agree with ya Verno, the majority of us aren't really all that different -- it's the few fringe we all need to be careful of.

The DQ news is great, I'd prolly play it again if the new one is a ways away.

Yours truly,

Axis

20. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 15:45 Verno

Playing: Hades, Beat Saber, Control
Watching: Uncut Gems, The Good Place, The Office

19. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 12:24 Axis

Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 08:57:
Defense Grid 2 I actually had to mute the narrators, too many and too annoying. I don't know what it was but it never grabbed me like the first game. I think I preferred the RPG lite mechanics in TD games like Defender's Quest.

Defenders Quest is/was fantastic, wish they'd make another soon!

Deathtrap is ok. like any game it gets boring, but without anything in sight to look forward to so you just stop playing.

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 11:40 SpectralMeat

Slashman wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:14:
My new favourite tower defense game is Deathtrap!
Thanks for the recommendation, it does look pretty good

Steam: SpectralMeat

17. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 11:14 Slashman

My new favourite tower defense game is Deathtrap!  

16. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 09:24 SpectralMeat

Yes the "story" in DG2 was fucking terrible and annoying.  

15. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 08:57 Verno

Defense Grid 2 I actually had to mute the narrators, too many and too annoying. I don't know what it was but it never grabbed me like the first game. I think I preferred the RPG lite mechanics in TD games like Defender's Quest.  

Playing: Hades, Beat Saber, Control
Watching: Uncut Gems, The Good Place, The Office

14. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 08:32 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 07:39:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 20:40:
Almost nothing worth it on there, but I did pick up Defense Grid 2 on Steam... it's actually pretty good! I'd heard a lot of bad things about the game, but so far(through mission 16?) only thing I've noticed is one seemingly unoptimized level that ran pretty slowly with everything maxxed out on settings.

It's not bad, if anything it's actually a very good tower defense game, but it does have two flaws:

1) It's not as good as the first (and the story in this one is just garbage)
2) Its scoring system is still mostly just incomprehensible. I'll finish a level with higher resources left and fewer towers built and yet I'll wind up with a lower score...

Getting gold on every level is quite frankly dead easy, so trying to get better scores is really what drives me to replay a level, and if I can't figure out HOW to get a better score, I quickly lose interest.

That said, you can do excellent strategies on some of the maps, and they have offered a lot of interesting combo techniques now, so it's definitely worth playing.
I've picked it up as well and totally agree with your points Creston.
There is also a free dlc map you can get by registering on their site. They'll e-mail you the steam code.
Still it is a fun little game to play as a distraction every now and then. The original is still a classic and one of the best if not the best tower defense games out there. Lone Survivor comes pretty close

13. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 08:28 Trashy

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 02:39:
SteamOS Sale on Steam.

There are a lot of games there I would not have expected to have Steam OS versions: Dying Light, Arkham Knight, BL Pre-Sequel, Civ V & Civ BE, Metro series, Tropico 5, etc. I wonder if Valve is helping fund these conversions.

I suspect so, I'm benefiting from it greatly as I stopped using Windows all together about 7 years ago and I don't ever plan on buying apple products.

12. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 07:39 Creston

Almost nothing worth it on there, but I did pick up Defense Grid 2 on Steam... it's actually pretty good! I'd heard a lot of bad things about the game, but so far(through mission 16?) only thing I've noticed is one seemingly unoptimized level that ran pretty slowly with everything maxxed out on settings.

It's not bad, if anything it's actually a very good tower defense game, but it does have two flaws:

1) It's not as good as the first (and the story in this one is just garbage)
2) Its scoring system is still mostly just incomprehensible. I'll finish a level with higher resources left and fewer towers built and yet I'll wind up with a lower score...

Getting gold on every level is quite frankly dead easy, so trying to get better scores is really what drives me to replay a level, and if I can't figure out HOW to get a better score, I quickly lose interest.

That said, you can do excellent strategies on some of the maps, and they have offered a lot of interesting combo techniques now, so it's definitely worth playing.

11. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 07:28 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 02:33:
That's the whole you-only-get-one-spaceship-and-you-can't-change-it thing?

Yes that is it. And it's an ugly as hell spaceship complete with an annoying as hell co-pilot with a personality so grating, you want to throw her out the airlock. Which would actually do nothing to the game as she can't even fly the damn ship if you switch to VR mode to control a remote drone.

X-Rebirth. Tossing out everything that came before and replacing it with meh...

10. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 02:39 jdreyer

SteamOS Sale on Steam.

There are a lot of games there I would not have expected to have Steam OS versions: Dying Light, Arkham Knight, BL Pre-Sequel, Civ V & Civ BE, Metro series, Tropico 5, etc. I wonder if Valve is helping fund these conversions.

9. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 02:33 jdreyer

Kajetan wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 02:26:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 02:22:
Hey, how is X Rebirth these days? Anyone playing it? Have they fixed it yet?
Most technical bugs have been fixed, but the game design is still broken. Which can only be fixed by making a new game.

That's the whole you-only-get-one-spaceship-and-you-can't-change-it thing?

8. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 02:26 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 02:22:
Most technical bugs have been fixed, but the game design is still broken. Which can only be fixed by making a new game.

7. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 02:22 jdreyer

Shok wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 19:43:
I was able to snag X-wing for 5 dolla on GoG earlier today in their rotating sale thingy...

I want XWing Alliance, so will keep an eye out.

6. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 00:35 jdreyer

Yeah, they added new mechanics while keeping what made the original special. If I have any gripes it might be that the AI conversations are kind of silly, but other than that I really enjoyed it.

5. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2015, 23:34 walrus1

Shok wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 19:43:
I was able to snag X-wing for 5 dolla on GoG earlier today in their rotating sale thingy...

I really hate that thing! I feel like I miss most of the good stuff or it sells out as a I try to check out.

Still X-wing for $5 is a hell of a grab!

4. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2015, 20:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

3. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2015, 19:49 Cutter

walrus1 wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 18:55:
Another really weak sale.

Yeah, Steam - and other sites - need a proper spring sale. Everything is just too back end loaded on the second half of the year. I'm looking to buy a few things atm but nothing - that I want - is on sale.

And Rebirth for $44 is a price reduction? Lulz.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >