Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Syndicate Free on Origin

Electronic Arts now offers the original 1993 Syndicate as a free download as the latest addition to their On the House program (thanks Burrito of Peace). This works though their Origin service, but once claimed, the game is yours to keep. Here's part of the description from their game page with a reminder of what this is about:
Syndicate is Bullfrog's masterpiece of a game in which you aren't saving the world or protecting innocents. You just make sure that your employers get what they want. At your disposal are four cyborg agents, an impressive arsenal of weapons and gadgets, and a massive selection of cybernetic upgrades. You are free to unleash this power on a highly interactive map where you can blow up buildings, steal cars, light trees on fire, or just shoot stuff. Produced by Peter Molyneux himself, Syndicate is the essence of cyberpunk and, with its great music, stylized visuals, and mind-blowing atmosphere, it has earned its place among the best games of all time. Make sure to check out the game that secured Bullfrog's place in game development hall of fame.
View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 18:58 DusterAZ

COOPER TEAM

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 16:03 LiTh

I also had very fond memories of, one of them just running around and mind controlling people (forgot what the device was called), using them as cannon fodder vs the fights vs the other agents and the survivors (there were normally none ) would be good little brainwashed consumers to do my company's evil bidding. Ahhh memories infused with childlike imagination brought so many old games to such insanely fun levels.  

10. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 13:59 BobBob

Blahman wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 22:19:
Check out Satellite Reign: http://store.steampowered.com/app/268870/

Modern spiritual successor to Syndicate.

Thanks for that. Syndicate is one of my favorite games. Thumbsup

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

9. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 09:45 DG

One of my favourite games of all time.

Thanks for link Blahman, I'll need to keep an eye on that game.

8. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 09:32 Axis

One of my most played amiga games of all times.  

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 06:59 InBlack

NKD wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 05:56:

How have I never heard of this. They ran a Kickstarter in 2013? Missed out on backing this one. Fuck. Ah well, I can check it out now I guess.

Wow. Looks awesome. I abhore early access single player games though. Do they have a fleshed out campaign in place yet? (Or a release date?)

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 05:56 NKD

How have I never heard of this. They ran a Kickstarter in 2013? Missed out on backing this one. Fuck. Ah well, I can check it out now I guess.

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

5. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 00:48 BobBob

Remember the trick of leaving the game running overnight to get a lot of credit / research? It ran in real time -- if I recall correctly.  

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

4. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 00:19 beremot

Many fond memories of this. Remember house sitting for someone and was disappointed to find they had a mac but the mac had Syndicate on it and I had a blast. I can still here the music in my mind without even trying. Did get a little same-same right around the oil platform level though.  

"Supreme Uncontested Dear Leader for Life and Chief Justice for the Social Justice Warriorsİ--beeeeeeyotch!"

3. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 3, 2015, 22:19 Blahman

Grokk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:49:
Illumin wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:38:
This game was so epic back in 1993 I couldn't believe you could set trees on fire during a gun fight lol was mind blowing back then.

Absolutely epic indeed.

The depth of the game for the time was amazing, and once you eventually got up to miniguns it was an absolute blast.
For the style of the game, I didn't play anything that even came close for years.

I'm afraid I won't be playing this however. With the original running at what? max 640/480 or thereabouts? my eyes would bleed spinning it up on a 2560/1440 monitor.
The game would need some serious reworking for my tastes.

2. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 3, 2015, 20:49 Grokk

Illumin wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:38:
This game was so epic back in 1993 I couldn't believe you could set trees on fire during a gun fight lol was mind blowing back then.

Absolutely epic indeed.

The depth of the game for the time was amazing, and once you eventually got up to miniguns it was an absolute blast.
For the style of the game, I didn't play anything that even came close for years.

I'm afraid I won't be playing this however. With the original running at what? max 640/480 or thereabouts? my eyes would bleed spinning it up on a 2560/1440 monitor.
The game would need some serious reworking for my tastes.

1. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 3, 2015, 20:38 Illumin

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >