Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details

The Gearbox Software website continues its recent outpouring of media for the Homeworld Remastered Collection with the launch trailer for the space strategy remake. They also offer a new post on the mod tools for the game and how they will provide full Steam Workshop support to help mod authors distribute their work after the collection's imminent release.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 13:11 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 12:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 09:57:
NegaDeath wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 09:56:
Never played the original before
I am jealous!
It's been more than a decade for me. I vaguely remember a few of the missions, but mostly this will be almost like a new experience for me.
If you've watched the TB video he shows the intro cinematics from the original game and the remastered and it literally is like a new game just released in 2015. Night and day difference, same for the in game graphics.
Homeworld always looked good but with the new graphics upgrade it looks even better.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 13:08 Krovven

It's TIME!

27. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 12:37 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 09:57:
I am jealous!
It's been more than a decade for me. I vaguely remember a few of the missions, but mostly this will be almost like a new experience for me.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

26. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 09:57 SpectralMeat

I am jealous!

25. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 09:56 NegaDeath

Preloaded last night, will give it a try when I get home. Never played the original before but the rave reviews of the original from people here sold me on it. Looks like I'll be popping my homeworld cherry tonight.  

24. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 09:43 SpectralMeat

Theo wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 09:18:
Tailer aside, all reports ive heard thsufar (incluing TB, whos usually pretty cynical about remastering/remakes) say that gearbox have knocked this one out of the park and its more a total conversion level of remastering.
Yeah the TB video what sold me on it too.

23. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 09:41 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 09:26:
So is it out yet?
In a few hours, I think it unlocks at 1PM

22. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 09:26 InBlack

So is it out yet?

I have a nifty blue line!

21. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 09:18 Theo

Tailer aside, all reports ive heard thsufar (incluing TB, whos usually pretty cynical about remastering/remakes) say that gearbox have knocked this one out of the park and its more a total conversion level of remastering.  

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

20. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 09:18 SpectralMeat

I am looking forward to check this out tonight.
I second the Ground Control remaster, that would be awesome!

19. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 08:43 John

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 23:55:
There are so many classics that deserve this treatment. A company could get rich doing nothing else but this.
Yeah, I know I said this before but I'd pay for a "remastered" version of Ground Control 1 & 2. Hopefully 2 would lose the cartoony graphics.

But anyways, I'm excited to try Homeworld again after all this time!

This space is available for rent

18. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 08:32 harlock

Krovven wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 05:08:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 03:41:
Fuck copyright laws. That shit should be in the public domain already. I don't get paid royalties on the code I wrote 20 years ago. 10 years should be max copyright. 15 years at the outside. US Constitution:
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.

How in the fucking hell is 90 fucking years "limited" in any way, shape, or form? My unborn grandson will be an old man by the time any song created in my lifetime enters public domain. Ridiculous. Hell, the law should probably be "once the artist has recovered the production costs, the art enters public domain."

You've gotta be kidding me right? The band Yes, still exists. You think after a few years they should just lose all rights to their own music and not get paid?

That is just all kinds of stupid.

the artist barely gets paid for licensing to begin with.. the most money goes to the publishers and labels anyways... they are the ones who fight to keep copyright laws stupid

17. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 08:30 harlock

the music is retarded... but its a fucking trailer, man... so yeh i dont think its a big deal.. maybe you guys just need some drama with your day?

im sure the in-game stuff hasnt changed

might get snowed in tonight/tomorrow.. so im glad this will be out

16. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 05:08 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 03:41:
Fuck copyright laws. That shit should be in the public domain already. I don't get paid royalties on the code I wrote 20 years ago. 10 years should be max copyright. 15 years at the outside. US Constitution:
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.

How in the fucking hell is 90 fucking years "limited" in any way, shape, or form? My unborn grandson will be an old man by the time any song created in my lifetime enters public domain. Ridiculous. Hell, the law should probably be "once the artist has recovered the production costs, the art enters public domain."

You've gotta be kidding me right? The band Yes, still exists. You think after a few years they should just lose all rights to their own music and not get paid?

That is just all kinds of stupid.

15. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 03:41 jdreyer

Krovven wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 00:03:
What baffles me the most about the song choice is that the original Homeworld song by Yes that was at the end of the original game will not be in the Remastered "due to licensing issues".

14. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 03:05 Lord Tea

TangledThorns wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:18:
Fail for using Sail in their trailer.

Awolnation must be in dire need to make cash. Has "Sail" not been commercialized to the max yet? I've heard this song on at least two different commercials and now this. Getting seriously sick of it. And yes, FAIL for its repeated (ab)use in this trailer. Something epic would've fit much better here.

Anytime. Anywhere. Anyone.
[Tagline: John Carpenter's "The Thing"]
[Tagline: United Police States of America]

13. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 00:56 jdreyer

Also, GAME UNLOCKS IN 12 HOURS.

That is all.

12. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 00:54 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 23:55:
I've liked the trailers...until now. And this is why you don't get a 20 year old to make a trailer targeting people who could almost be his parents. Yes, Sail = epic fail. All the 'splosions. This is not a Michael Bay film. Otherwise the visuals look sweet. There are so many classics that deserve this treatment. A company could get rich doing nothing else but this.

The thing is that the original sound track is so good and so suited to the visuals, why not use that?

11. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 00:03 Krovven

What baffles me the most about the song choice is that the original Homeworld song by Yes that was at the end of the original game will not be in the Remastered "due to licensing issues".

So they are willing to pay to use Sail for a trailer, but not the Homeworld song for the full game? Granted "licensing issues" doesn't necessarily mean that gearbox didn't want to pay...could have also been the record company or band was asking for a ridiculous amount, or simply didn't want to license the song again.

I'm not going to miss the song from the game though as it was in the credits anyways and it's easily listened to on Youtube.

Original Homeworld credits.

Edit: Just to note, there is a post over on the Gearbox forums from a dev stating that they are hopeful for the future with getting the song back in. I can only imagine that if the song was in the game it would be good exposure for the band to pick up some sales and new fans.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2015, 00:14.

10. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 24, 2015, 23:55 Cutter

I've liked the trailers...until now. And this is why you don't get a 20 year old to make a trailer targeting people who could almost be his parents. Yes, Sail = epic fail. All the 'splosions. This is not a Michael Bay film. Otherwise the visuals look sweet. There are so many classics that deserve this treatment. A company could get rich doing nothing else but this.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo