Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Elite: Deadly TradeMarked

The website for the creepily named Office for the Harmonization of the Internal Market shows a trademark registration for Elite: Deadly, which was spotted by readers of NeoGAF. PCGamesN notes the entity that registered this, Maguire Boss, has previously registered other trademarks for Frontier Developments, so it seems likely this computer game TM relates to their Elite series of space combat simulators.

View
14. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 20, 2015, 05:38 Theo

Arithon wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 03:29:
Cabezone wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 20:27:
I'm not going to be happy if they release pay DLC that adds actual combat content. Right now it's just a space trucking simulator with some dogfighting if you want.

I take it either you don't have the game and are just re-quoting some shallow review, or don't play very often.

There is abundant combat in the game. If you don't want to fight NPCs in one of the many nav points, resource sites or conflict zones, you can always visit LAVE in open play and go up against the French contingent that have taken the system. Watch Kate Russell's saved Twitch streams from last week and see the human pirate blockade around Yembo preying on traders taking metals to the station construction. More combat content that some would like already.

That said, if you have the game, you'd have read the newsletter that describes the 1.2 update with Wings (part of the core game) which groups players together for combat, shared jumps, shared bounty etc. and adds a revised comms system and two new ships. This is released in three weeks, with a Beta in two weeks.

Frontier have made it clear from day one, all development would be in the core game for everyone and the two planned expansions would be ship exploration and planetary landing. Not combat - a pre-existing core game mechanic.

I think the trademark is probably for another platform (not PC or Mac) so either a lightweight console version or mobile version, but I very much doubt it'll be anything we'll see soon.

I honestly think people who say "there is no content" want to play scripted experiences; rather than sandbox games. Its like people saying they are done with skyrim post finishing the main quest after not touching the other hundreds of quests and saying its a 20 hour game.

There is good things to do in elite, at least in the context of WHAT a space fighting and trading game is, that's what elite was in 1984 and its what it is now.

Its ok to think not be fond of those sandbox type experiences; but i wish people would understand WHY they are not fond of them rather than saying "there isnt anything to do".

A mate of mine bought the game and stoped playing after a week, i asked him what he didnt like the answer was not disimlear to the above (trading is really dull, i just go between point a and b).

So i asked why he didnt do something else? his answer ?
"its the only way to make money"...

What was he going to do with the money? thats right, buy a bigger ship, to do more trade runs with.

Ive got a few decent ships (a cobra, and asp); and ive not toughed trading once. Bounty hunting is fun and i don't get bored.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2015, 05:46.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 19, 19:16 Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Zyrxil
  12. Feb 20, 03:39  Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked J
  2. Feb 19, 20:06 Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked ForgedReality
  3. Feb 19, 20:27 Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Cabezone
  7. Feb 19, 21:58  Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Cutter
  11. Feb 20, 03:29  Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Arithon
>> 14. Feb 20, 05:38   Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Theo
  15. Feb 20, 07:58    Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked SpectralMeat
  16. Feb 20, 09:24     Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Zanthar
  4. Feb 19, 21:08 Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Creston