Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview

Battle.net offers a first look at patch 2.2.0 for Diablo III, the next content update for Blizzard's action/RPG sequel. They break this down into four sections, with articles on legendary item updates, adventure mode updates, class updates, and quality of life updates. They say the new patch should go up on the Playable Test Realm soon.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 10:07 nin

InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:55:
Goddamn it. Im so envious. I actually want to play the PS4 version of Diablo3 because it sounds like it's actually fun. (How do you chat in game though? I imagine it's quite hard without a keyboard)

You use a mic/headset.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 10:07 Frags4Fun

InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:55:

Goddamn it. Im so envious. I actually want to play the PS4 version of Diablo3 because it sounds like it's actually fun. (How do you chat in game though? I imagine it's quite hard without a keyboard)

I was on the fence about this game for a while but it's extremely fun. My wife went and bought it on the Xbox 360 so that she can play when I'm using my PS4 for other games.

I only play with friends and we form a party for voice chat. I may need to explore the other multiplayer options though because I'm probably missing out.

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

18. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 10:03 Frags4Fun

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:54:
I'll put it this way: the last one I got (Thanks Complicity!) I had to kite around the map for upwards of 10 minutes, as I slowly whittled down his 3 million friends he brought with him.

Uuuuugh. I'm only a level 37 crusader or a 30ish Demon Hunter so I would have to run unless it was tailored to my level.

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

17. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:55 InBlack

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:46:
Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:44:
nin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:33:
Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:30:
Do these patches roll out on PS4 as well or do they do a separate patch for consoles since they are so different? Sorry for the ignorance. I just started playing this last week.

PS4 patches tend to be about a month behind the pc release. They include most of the same things, except for seasons.

Also, we can trade to our hearts content. I actually prefer it to the pc version now, especially when Those Motherfucking Nemesis start showing up.

Thanks nin! I have no idea what a nemesis is though. Going to look it up.

Basically when someone on your friends list who plays is killed by a white level monster, there's a chance it hops into a portal (blink and you miss it) and shows up in someone elses game, as a boss.

When the controller starts rattling, and you hear this low chanting/moaning, you MIGHT want to clear whatever area you're in, as things are about to get crazy.

edit: And they always show up at THE WORST time, right when you're in the middle of something else. I suspect this is not an accident.

edit again: If you look at the bosses name, you can see which of your friends it belonged to, and if you manage to kill it, you get a nice drop for you and your defeated friend as well.

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:54 nin

I'll put it this way: the last one I got (Thanks Complicity!) I had to kite around the map for upwards of 10 minutes, as I slowly whittled down his 3 million friends he brought with him.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1

15. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:50 Frags4Fun

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:46:
Do these patches roll out on PS4 as well or do they do a separate patch for consoles since they are so different? Sorry for the ignorance. I just started playing this last week.

PS4 patches tend to be about a month behind the pc release. They include most of the same things, except for seasons.

Also, we can trade to our hearts content. I actually prefer it to the pc version now, especially when Those Motherfucking Nemesis start showing up.

Basically when someone on your friends list who plays is killed by a white level monster, there's a chance it hops into a portal (blink and you miss it) and shows up in someone elses game, as a boss.

When the controller starts rattling, and you hear this low chanting/moaning, you MIGHT want to clear whatever area you're in, as things are about to get crazy.

edit: And they always show up at THE WORST time, right when you're in the middle of something else. I suspect this is not an accident.

edit again: If you look at the bosses name, you can see which of your friends it belonged to, and if you manage to kill it, you get a nice drop for you and your defeated friend as well.

LOL! Kinda like the goblins who always show up when all hell is breaking loose.

14. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:46 nin

13. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:44 Frags4Fun

EDIT: Oh wow! that sounds really cool. Now I just need more friends who actually have and play the game. One of my friends got a gift last night and neither of us knew how. Now we know and knowing is half the battle G I J.... oh nvm

12. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:33 nin

11. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 09:30 Frags4Fun

10. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 05:16 Theo

InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 02:13:
This. Although the auction house was a huge fail, trading was an integral part of the Diablo experience.

Yher what was D2 with that russian trading forum experiance... ;-)
(being stupid now, but there is some truth in that).

I am torn on the trading thing, on one hand id like it but on the other hand i like finding my own gear, and with the smart drop system, thats totally achievable. (last season i got my optimal build, without leeching of others).

trading within the group still works, and frankly d3 has bigger issues to solve right now.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

9. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 02:13 InBlack

loomy wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 00:06:
Diablo without trading is not Diablo. It's a grind like WOW.

The free market was never what made Diablo 3 bad, and now that it's gone, I don't even recognize the game. Clusterf

This. Although the auction house was a huge fail, trading was an integral part of the Diablo experience.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 02:03 Cram

I'd like the whole Trials thing to get your Greater Rift key to go away completely.

That'd be nice.

7. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 00:06 loomy

Diablo without trading is not Diablo. It's a grind like WOW.

The free market was never what made Diablo 3 bad, and now that it's gone, I don't even recognize the game. Clusterf

6. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 19, 2015, 23:06 Krovven

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 22:27:

I know what you're getting at, but I disagree entirely that there should be balance attempts in a glorified single player game. They should throw powers on EVERY legendary, crazy strong powers, and just let the game flow. Players SHOULD be able to create stupidly strong, broken builds, without using 5 piece set + RoRG.

My opinion, no doubt in the minority of course.

/facepalm

Moving on...am I the only one that got a chuckle out of the DH rain gloves having Strength on them? Is this 1.8 again?

5. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 19, 2015, 22:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 22:16:

They're adding and tweaking non-set legendary powers all the time. I think the problem with that (why it's so slow going) is that you do have to take the time and test it and how it interacts with everything else, whereas with sets you can narrow down those test cases because you're ensuring each of those powers is only coming into play when you have multiple specific pieces.

Taking the Marauder DH for example, you only have a handful of variations for that build because to use its full potential requires 5 of the main slots being filled by the set. You don't have to worry about Magefist + Cindercoat being OP in that situation, because it's not possible for your turrets to fire your spenders with only 4 pieces of the set. Wizards can integrate that non-set combo into the Firebird build, but only at the cost of not being able to use a two-handed weapon. And so on.

There are a variety of lore and gameplay reasons as to why they would want sets to be flat-out better than a variety of regular legendaries, though. Easier to balance is just one of them.

I know what you're getting at, but I disagree entirely that there should be balance attempts in a glorified single player game. They should throw powers on EVERY legendary, crazy strong powers, and just let the game flow. Players SHOULD be able to create stupidly strong, broken builds, without using 5 piece set + RoRG.

My opinion, no doubt in the minority of course.

4. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 19, 2015, 22:16 jacobvandy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 20:34:
From the little info they do have, they seem to be doubling down on sets and set bonuses for some reason.

That's just going to make even more regular legendaries pointless...they should really be trying to buff non-set legendaries so people can actually achieve similar power levels with good combos, WITHOUT sets.

Blizzard's WoW mentality is apparently contagious.

They're adding and tweaking non-set legendary powers all the time. I think the problem with that (why it's so slow going) is that you do have to take the time and test it and how it interacts with everything else, whereas with sets you can narrow down those test cases because you're ensuring each of those powers is only coming into play when you have multiple specific pieces.

Taking the Marauder DH for example, you only have a handful of variations for that build because to use its full potential requires 5 of the main slots being filled by the set. You don't have to worry about Magefist + Cindercoat being OP in that situation, because it's not possible for your turrets to fire your spenders with only 4 pieces of the set. Wizards can integrate that non-set combo into the Firebird build, but only at the cost of not being able to use a two-handed weapon. And so on.

There are a variety of lore and gameplay reasons as to why they would want sets to be flat-out better than a variety of regular legendaries, though. Easier to balance is just one of them.

3. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 19, 2015, 21:52 nin

Wish we'd get another expansion.

2. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 19, 2015, 20:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

From the little info they do have, they seem to be doubling down on sets and set bonuses for some reason.

That's just going to make even more regular legendaries pointless...they should really be trying to buff non-set legendaries so people can actually achieve similar power levels with good combos, WITHOUT sets.

Blizzard's WoW mentality is apparently contagious.

1. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 19, 2015, 19:28 jacobvandy

Not much info there... Might as well wait for it to land on the PTR and have people spill everything.  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo