Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay

A post to the Binding of Isaac website from a few days ago announced details on Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, an upcoming expansion for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth that should extend the game by a whopping 100-200 hours (thanks CVG). Here 's the deal:
The game expansion will be called Afterbirth.it will come out sometime this year (hopefully around the middle)

this expansion will feature:

• 100+ new items
  • a full new game mode that will totally change how you play
  • 10 new challenges
  • a new playable character
  • a new alternate final chapter
  • new alt floors
  • new game endings
  • new final bosses
  • tons of new bosses and enemies
  • new item pickups, cards, pills, etc.
  • tons of new achievements and rewards for beating the game on hard
  • new co-op babies
  • new transformations
  • and more… :|

you could almost get lost in all that new content! it should easily extend the gameplay time by another 100-200 hours…

View : : :

Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay
Feb 17, 2015, 15:25
Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay Feb 17, 2015, 15:25
Feb 17, 2015, 15:25

I actually think the core game is lacking in fun due to the complete randomness of items and the often restrictive room layout.

It wasn't until I unlocked the Azazel character, one that can fly around the room, that I started having any real fun with the game. Since then, the game has paid for itself many, many, many times over.

Otherwise, there's an funny, yet immature, crudeness to the game, it's randomly generated, there are a lot of items/endings/characters to unlock, each room is going to be a new challenge and experience, it's really easy to pick up and play or continue on an earlier game, and it's one of those games where, if you get hurt or die, you accept and realize it's nearly entirely your own fault.
I mean, any game where you go into your mother's uterus...
Loving Binding of Isaac; unable to appreciate Don't Starve at all,
Ray
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.
Date
Subject
Author
Feb 17, 2015Feb 17 2015
 Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay