format) third quarter 2014-15 sales, saying they
achieved record sales of €809.7 million. This exceeds their projections, and
they've increased their forecast for the year accordingly. Here are the
The third-quarter sales figure was higher than the target of
approximately €730 million
announced when Ubisoft released its first-half 2014-15 results. This performance
- A sharp increase in market share to 12.8% for 2014
(from 9.6% in 2013).
- A very good performance delivered by the two
Assassin’s Creed® opuses, Far Cry® 4 and The Crew®, with respective sales of
10 million, 7 million and 2 million units (sellin):
- Far Cry 4 was voted “Best Shooter” at "The
Games Awards 2014".
- Assassin’s Creed Unity won the prize for best
“Character Animation in a Video Game” at the Annie Awards.
- To date, The Crew has recorded the best sales
for the racing games released in late 2014.
- A solid showing from Just Dance® with 4 million
units sold (sell-in).
- The continued success of Watch Dogs®, with 10
million units sold (sell-in) since its release. Watch Dogs is the biggest
launch ever of a new IP in the EMEA region and the second largest launch in
the United States.
- A 157.0% surge in digital segment revenues to
€138.0 million in the third quarter. For the first nine months of 2014-15,
revenues generated by the digital segment came to €274.1 million, up 120.3%
year on year, and representing 21.2% of Ubisoft’s total sales compared with
15.3% in the same period of 2013-14.
- A robust 25.9% increase in back-catalog sales to
€67.1 million in the third quarter. For the first nine months of the fiscal
year, back-catalog sales rose 6.1% to €181.9 million.