Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Diablo III Cheaters Banned

A forum post by a Blizzard community manager explains that recent shifts atop the leaderboards for Diablo III are the result of a round of bans for those caught cheating in the action/RPG sequel. The post explains they will continue to take such actions going forward, though they may not always be publicized. Here's word:

Some of the shifts you may be seeing on leaderboards are a direct result of a recent ban wave issued for cheating.

Players that were found to be in violation were removed from the leaderboards and other rankings have been adjusted appropriately as a result. This means your ranking may have increased if someone ranked above you was removed from the leaderboard. As we move forward to future seasons and eras, we'll be continuing to monitor for such behavior and take appropriate action, though we may not always message when such ban waves occur.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 11, 2015, 11:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

InBlack wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 03:42:
Why the fuck would you cheat in Diablo3? You cant trade the items that are worth anything anyway.

Some people cheat at anything. According to the forums(D3), many people were using third party programs like TurboHUD which shows the location of all elites/goblins etc. on the map, along with generic maphack/fog of war removal, as well as standard botting.

I'm not sure if Blizzard banned anybody using graphic mods, DarkD3 etc. which would be a bit more of a gray area in my opinion.

I don't do leaderboards or seasons, and only rarely play D3 as it is, but it's good to see Blizzard getting rid of these jackasses anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 11, 2015, 03:42 InBlack

Why the fuck would you cheat in Diablo3? You cant trade the items that are worth anything anyway.  

I have a nifty blue line!

24. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 18:47 AngelicPenguin

Undocumented Alien wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 16:47:
Anyway, I know he was hit by this because he told me...outright said he's going to GD.

Grim Dawn is still in Early Access (Pre-Beta) and won't be "Ship's Ahoy" for quite a while. Also, to date, Grim Dawn is more of an 'Old-School' ARPG where they aren't making customers play online (Thank God) and MP/COOP will probably be Network/IP, so I'm not sure how much of a market there will be for Gold Farmers.

Funny how "Diablo Online" was touted (by Blizz and their army of apologists) to alleviate us from cheating... funny that... ODRM period... hasn't stopped economy problems or cheating and your forced to play a SP game online. ODRM seems to be the trend as of late.

Well, let's be fair here a bit. No one would say that always online would alleviate botting. Botting is just running scripts from your own machine. They need to either detect what you are running or have ways of identifying botting behavior (24/7, being reported, etc.)

What always online has stopped is item duping. The only duping (that I'm aware of) that ever happened in Diablo 3 was from account restores. When you could trade items they did at one point change account restore items to bound on account, but obviously that's no longer an issue.

23. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 18:17 Flatline

I can't count how many times I was mildly interested in leaderboards in a game, and I go check and the top 10,000 players all have hacked/broken scores.

Not quite the case here but I've given up on leaderboards completely because I've pretty much never seen one that wasn't completely covered in cheaters.

22. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 16:47 Undocumented Alien

Anyway, I know he was hit by this because he told me...outright said he's going to GD.

Grim Dawn is still in Early Access (Pre-Beta) and won't be "Ship's Ahoy" for quite a while. Also, to date, Grim Dawn is more of an 'Old-School' ARPG where they aren't making customers play online (Thank God) and MP/COOP will probably be Network/IP, so I'm not sure how much of a market there will be for Gold Farmers.

Funny how "Diablo Online" was touted (by Blizz and their army of apologists) to alleviate us from cheating... funny that... ODRM period... hasn't stopped economy problems or cheating and your forced to play a SP game online. ODRM seems to be the trend as of late.

21. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 16:05 jdreyer

descender wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 15:46:
Word to the wise...

Competing and winning aren't the same thing. Competing should never disappoint you.

But I don't wanna compeeeeeeeeeeete! Bigcry

/whine

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

20. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 15:46 descender

Word to the wise...

Competing and winning aren't the same thing. Competing should never disappoint you.

19. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 14:52 Verno

Omni wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 14:40:
So uhm people are cheating to get a on a leader board that no one cares about or is it just bots farming ?

People were botting before leaderboards when gold wasn't even tradeable anymore. People just like to bot ARPGs.

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

18. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 14:40 Omni

So uhm people are cheating to get a on a leader board that no one cares about or is it just bots farming ?  

17. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 14:36 Slick

call me old-fashioned, but if i'm going to cheat in a videogame for personal gain, i'd like that game to have some sort of "competitive" element to it.

"Expect no further announcements regarding the broken never-to-be-finished PVP we promised would be an integral part of the D3 experience back in 2011" - Blizzard

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

16. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:53 AngelicPenguin

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:12:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:57:
What was he doing?

Isboxing mostly with bots, not long after release I was at his place and watched him run four bots at once that automatically got and sold gear on a consistent basis. He actually makes a living off such tactics in various games in a 250k house, no job.

Sorry to say, but not sad to see him go. Glad they came down on the botting.

Isboxing is most definitely legal, but obviously not with bots.

15. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:53 Wallshadows

Is Grim Dawn even profitable if that is his intent though? He should go to POE since that had a pretty ravenous market once a season starts which probably translates to a lot of real-money transactions.  

14. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:35 SimplyMonk

What was he doing?

Isboxing mostly with bots, not long after release I was at his place and watched him run four bots at once that automatically got and sold gear on a consistent basis. He actually makes a living off such tactics in various games in a 250k house, no job.

Yeah. Blizzard let's you Multi-box in their games all you want as long as each action has a keystroke behind hit. The instant you start straight botting is when they take issue

13. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:34 Orogogus

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:29:
What was he doing?

What is GD?

Grim Dawn. I didn't get it at first either but he said it in his previous post.

12. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:29 HorrorScope

What was he doing?

What is GD?

11. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:28 Luke

But But they blizzi told us that the reason for this online thing was to keep out the cheaters , and we belived them, why ....why...whyyyyyyyyy  

10. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:12 NewMaxx

What was he doing?

9. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:10 Xero

Well good for those that get moved up in rank for doing it the legit way while the douchebags cheating get canned. That is how it should be. You know, using actual skill and you know, skill that would not be there should you walk to an actual event and have you demonstrate that talent with someone standing over your shoulder.  

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

8. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:04 Nimh

Tim Collins wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:13:
Word from the wise....unless your coke'd up or on Adderal don't bother seriously competing in video games.

Only play video games to have fun...word from the wise.

Word to the wise..

7. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 11:57 jacobvandy

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:49:
Tim Collins wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:13:
Word from the wise....unless your coke'd up or on Adderal don't bother seriously competing in video games.

Only play video games to have fun...word from the wise.

One of my friends was part of this ban. Saw him get away with it since launch. It really killed my love of gaming and totally turned me off of Diablo 3 and many other games.

He is planning on going to Grim Dawn.

What was he doing?

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo