Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

D.I.C.E. Award Winners

There's no word on the D.I.C.E. Awards on the actual website for the Academy Of Interactive Arts & Sciences, but GameInformer has the list of the winners from last nights award show. Here's the full rundown:
Action Game of the Year: Destiny
Adventure Game of the Year: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year: Dragon Age: Inquisition
Sports Game of the Year: FIFA 15
Racing Game of the Year: Mario Kart 8
Fighting Game of the Year: Super Smash Bros.
Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Family Game of the Year: LittleBigPlanet 3
Handheld Game of the Year: Super Smash Bros.
Mobile Game of the Year: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
DICE Sprite Award: Transistor
Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay: Destiny
Outstanding Innovation in Gaming: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Original Music Composition: Destiny
Outstanding Achievement In Sound Design: Destiny
Outstanding Achievement In Story: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Character: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Technical Achievement: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Animation: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Art Direction: Monument Valley
Outstanding Achievement In Gameplay Design: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Game Direction: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Game of the Year: Dragon Age: Inquisition
View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 9, 2015, 09:19 Axis

publicENEMY wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 03:38:
Axis wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 19:52:
For the record, I don't feel any RPG came close to D:OS. Maybe a few did story-wise, but everything else that matters it simply owned the lot of them.

Fcuk you for forcing me to google wtf is D:OS is. If you are lazy to type, stop posting poop comments. Also, D:OS isnt even great. For those that wandering what is D:OS is, its Divinity Original Sin.

What the fuck kinda troll comment is this? lol talk about lazy... poor guy had to "type" some shit in google.... what a douche.

Don't worry there "troll who makes 8 posts", no one cares what you think -- if you were even partially active in any game site you wouldn't have to spend the 3 seconds to google it.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2015, 09:25.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 9, 2015, 09:11 nin

publicENEMY wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 03:38:
For the record, I don't feel any RPG came close to D:OS. Maybe a few did story-wise, but everything else that matters it simply owned the lot of them.

Fcuk you for forcing me to google wtf is D:OS is. If you are lazy to type, stop posting poop comments.

Still around, you'll be in for a shocker.

32. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 9, 2015, 03:38 publicENEMY

Fcuk you for forcing me to google wtf is D:OS is. If you are lazy to type, stop posting poop comments. Also, D:OS isnt even great. For those that wandering what is D:OS is, its Divinity Original Sin.

31. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2015, 18:04  jdreyer 

Beamer wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 12:16:
Julio wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 20:15:
Another award show likely determined by bribes or blowjobs.

This is such a naive gg thing to say. How do you think Oscars are won? Merit? The voters are the actors, the producers, the studio execs and the crews.

What awards aren't partly who you know?
What you say is true, but the Academy is 1000s of people including a lot of lesser known and independent directors and actors. These awards are the equivalent of only having the studio heads of the five big studios choose the winners. You'd end up with Guardians of the Galaxy and Transformers vying for best picture.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

30. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2015, 12:16  Beamer 

Julio wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 20:15:

This is such a naive gg thing to say. How do you think Oscars are won? Merit? The voters are the actors, the producers, the studio execs and the crews.

What awards aren't partly who you know?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

29. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2015, 10:51 Overmann

Too bad they didn't put an adventure game in the "Adventure Game of the Year" award  

28. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 20:15 Julio

27. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 19:52 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

26. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 19:45  Quboid 

Flatline wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 18:42:
Rhino wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 12:51:
Verno wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 12:48:
Mordor had a dreadful story that was was poorly strung together and made little sense. Outstanding Achievement my ass haha.

Yeah, I was caught off guard by that one, too. I know of NOBODY that felt that story was anything more than serviceable. Yes, fine, opinions may vary, blah blag and so forth.
Destiny as Action Game of the Year also caught me off guard. Even Wolfenstein: The New Order was, to me, a vastly superior offering; and not even I would claim that it was perfect. Great, yes. Perfect, no.

Wolfenstein might have been the biggest surprise of the year for me. I was expecting shit. I got a surprisingly compelling story and a fun shoot em up game.

Let's put it this way. I got it on steam sale for something stupid like 9 dollars. Not only did I feel I got my money's worth, I felt that I could have spent 30 or 40 dollars and felt like I got my money's worth.

I bought Wolf (aka Roomba Simulator 2014) based on recommendations here - mainly from nin - and enjoyed it a lot. My expectations had been lifted as its reputation grew but it did not disappoint.

25. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 18:42 Flatline

Mordor had a dreadful story that was was poorly strung together and made little sense. Outstanding Achievement my ass haha.

Yeah, I was caught off guard by that one, too. I know of NOBODY that felt that story was anything more than serviceable. Yes, fine, opinions may vary, blah blag and so forth.
Destiny as Action Game of the Year also caught me off guard. Even Wolfenstein: The New Order was, to me, a vastly superior offering; and not even I would claim that it was perfect. Great, yes. Perfect, no.

Wolfenstein might have been the biggest surprise of the year for me. I was expecting shit. I got a surprisingly compelling story and a fun shoot em up game.

Let's put it this way. I got it on steam sale for something stupid like 9 dollars. Not only did I feel I got my money's worth, I felt that I could have spent 30 or 40 dollars and felt like I got my money's worth.

24. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 17:03 Cyanotetyphas

Look at them playing coy by not giving themselves the best award show award.  

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

23. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 16:45  jdreyer 

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 13:03:
So who were the judges that decided what game gets what award?

I think this might not be the judges list, but gives a clue how the judges were chosen?

http://www.interactive.org/about/board_of_directors.asp

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

22. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 16:30 Unknown Soldier

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 14:04:
Yes, totally agree. It was an ok game, but definitely not an award winner.

I must disagree. It had some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a video game. It should win some awards for that alone.

Other than that though, yeah just a well made, fun game. Not legendary.

21. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 16:17  Quboid 

The nemesis system received a lot of acclaim. That's not a conventional story but if they rewarded it for being an outstanding achievement in how to tell stories, that would actually be a good thing. Gaming award shows shouldn't limit themselves to other media's definitions of such things. TBH I'm not sure they put this much thought into it.

20. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 14:52 verybad1

Hmm, so dogs AREN'T the only animals that know how to lick their own balls!  

19. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 14:04 Ozmodan

Yes, totally agree. It was an ok game, but definitely not an award winner.

18. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 13:54 Acleacius

It should be called "The AAA Publishers Pageantry PR and Ego Payoffs Show". Mwahaha  

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

17. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 13:48 ForgedReality

Well, to be fair, it was a pretty weak year...  

16. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 13:03 SpectralMeat

So who were the judges that decided what game gets what award?  

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 13:03 yuastnav

Wow, this is incredibly embarrassing. I wonder whether someone takes that seriously?  

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >