7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Feb 4, 2015, 17:22
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2015, 17:22
Feb 4, 2015, 17:22

If this guy does what he's saying, he'll be a little mini-hero to me. It needs to be done for exactly the reasons mentioned in the past. These are the reasons you need gov'ts. Pharaoh would just take it all back, in time.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2015, 23:47.

Feb 4, 2015, 19:08
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2015, 19:08
Feb 4, 2015, 19:08

Who were Ulbricht's lawyers? Remind me to never hire those guys. Wow, did he ever make a mistake hiring them. That was their defense strategy? A few character witnesses saying what a nice guy he is - in spite of paying 650k to have some people murdered?

Heavily regulating the Internet for the first time is unnecessary and counterproductive. It is unnecessary because all participants in the Internet ecosystem support an open Internet, and the FCC can address any harmful behavior without taking this radical step. Moreover, Congress is working on legislation that would codify open Internet rules once and for all. It is counterproductive because heavy regulation of the Internet will create uncertainty and chill investment among the many players—not just Internet service providers—that now will need to consider FCC rules before launching new services.

Open internet, eh? If that were the case you wouldn't now be in this position, would you Verizon? Hell, I'd like to see internet the world over deemed an essential service and provided as muni broadband everywhere. Fuck these robber barons and the horse they rode in on.

So it's going to be Title II lite? Enh, better than nothing I guess, but still not far enough.

"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Feb 4, 2015, 20:00
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2015, 20:00
Feb 4, 2015, 20:00

The FCC needs to do much more than this. You simply cannot have giant conglomerates that distribute content and create content at the same time.

Feb 4, 2015, 20:13
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2015, 20:13
Feb 4, 2015, 20:13

TW increased my modem fees by 33% so I went out and bought a good motorola one that pays for itself in 6 months. The really dumb thing, modem prices have been steadily decreasing. The same modem I got for $65, was $120 last year.

I have no choice in the matter, there is only one provider since frontier is the only competition and DSL is a joke.

Instead of letting them merge, they should be breaking them up instead. Unfortunately that won't happen with a republican congress.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2015, 20:27.

Feb 4, 2015, 23:17
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2015, 23:17
Feb 4, 2015, 23:17

I suppose the FCC implementing it is better than Congress passing a law. Don't delude yourself that the Internet has been 'saved' by this. The Internet is still delivered to your home by monopolistic anti-competitive corporations. The Internet is not free for the people to use without big brother controlling it. Net Neutrality rules were necessary because of this and it is still true.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

Feb 5, 2015, 08:45
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 5, 2015, 08:45
Feb 5, 2015, 08:45

Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 19:08:
Who were Ulbricht's lawyers? Remind me to never hire those guys. Wow, did he ever make a mistake hiring them. That was their defense strategy? A few character witnesses saying what a nice guy he is - in spite of paying 650k to have some people murdered?

Since you obviously haven't read up on it, the government case against him is overwhelming and compelling in every aspect. His lawyer is doing the best he can but there's only so much you can do when your client provides a mountain of evidence to convict him.

Feb 5, 2015, 09:32
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 5, 2015, 09:32
Feb 5, 2015, 09:32

Verno wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 08:45:
Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 19:08:

Since you obviously haven't read up on it, the government case against him is overwhelming and compelling in every aspect. His lawyer is doing the best he can but there's only so much you can do when your client provides a mountain of evidence to convict him.

He shoulda called Saul.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer