Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week

Electronic Arts announces the promised open beta test of Battlefield Hardline will run from February 3-8*, offering all interested gamers access to Visceral Games' law enforcement shooter on Windows via Origin, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. "There’s nothing more valuable to our team than the relationship we have with our community. Their passion feeds our passion and their feedback has definitely helped make Hardline a better game," said Steve Papoutsis, General Manager of Visceral Games and Executive Producer of Battlefield Hardline. "We want them to play the hell out of the beta next week and trust that they’ll keep that feedback coming so we can continue to fine tune the game." They offer a look at the game and some exhaustive exposition in a new beta trailer, and here's word on next month's testing:
Battlefield Hardline builds on the foundation of the franchise’s signature multiplayer experience focused on team play and strategy and adds a new dimension of speed, making it the fastest Battlefield game ever. The open beta will feature three different maps and modes highlighting this cops and criminals fantasy world. The all-new Hotwire mode brings high-speed chases to the battlefield, as the criminals attempt to steal a list of marked cars while the cops try to repossess them. Available on two maps in the beta, Downtown and Dust Bowl, success in Hotwire will be predicated on teamwork and precision driving. Players can also experience the Battlefield franchise’s signature mode Conquest in Dust Bowl, with epic battles for up to 64 players**. And finally, the beta will also feature Heist, another new mode being introduced in Battlefield Hardline. Playable on the map Bank Job, the mode will pit criminals trying to pull off that big score and break into a bank vault, securing their take at drop off points in the map while a squad of cops work together to stop them.

The Battlefield Hardline beta will also provide access to the full breadth of multiplayer progression in the game, which features fresh new weapons, vehicles, gadgets and gear. Players will have to create new strategies on the battlefield with faster getaway methods like the zipline and muscle cars, or new entry tactics with the grappling hook and non-lethal takedown options like arrests, interrogations and stun guns. On top of all this, the beta will give the first look at another game mode called Hacker. This takes surveillance to the next level as one player on each side can hack the battlefield in different ways including hacking into security cameras, spotting enemies and specifying areas for their team to attack or defend. Hacker mode will be playable on all modes in the beta.

Battlefield Hardline brings the awe-inspiring, only-in-Battlefield destruction moments to LA and Miami in chaotic urban warfare. Powered by the Frostbite™ 3 game engine, Battlefield Hardline delivers an episodic single player campaign that follows rookie Miami Police Detective, Nick Mendoza, through a story of crime and revenge. This is brought to life by a veteran cast of Hollywood acting and writing talent, including Alexandra Daddario from True Detective, Wendy Calhoun from Justified, and Benito Martinez from The Shield.

* The beta will be available February 4-8 in Japan on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
** Conquest mode is available for 64 players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Conquest mode will have a player cap of 24 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

View : : :
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week
Jan 29, 2015, 13:20
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 13:20
Jan 29, 2015, 13:20

EA / DICE I promise you I will not be buying this product after the BF4 fiasco. I've been a follower of this franchise since the start and instead of becoming increasingly better at launches, you're getting consistently worse. Coupled with the fact that in the UK the core game + premium is over £100.

FUCK YOU

Visceral get back to making Dead Space Back-to-Roots edition!

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

Jan 29, 2015, 13:51
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 13:51
Jan 29, 2015, 13:51

Am I the only one who gets "Error: Server not found" with these youtube links lately? "server https can not be found"

Youtube links are embedded like this
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wuY3xNa8PBY

not like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuY3xNa8PBY

But that can't be the error here.. weird

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2015, 13:58.

Jan 29, 2015, 13:53
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 13:53
Jan 29, 2015, 13:53

NeOCidE wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 13:20:
EA / DICE I promise you I will not be buying this product after the BF4 fiasco.

Music to my ears!

Although about Visceral...sad to say the key creative people who made Dead Space left and formed...wait for it...Sledehammer Games and made MW3 & Advanced Warfare.

Specifically, Bret Robbins was the creative lead, Scofield the Producer/Creative Overseer, and Condrey the business/developement guy for Visceral. Hence...the chance of Visceral coming with up with fresh, interesting ideas is...low. HAVE NICE DAY.

Jan 29, 2015, 14:04
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 14:04
Jan 29, 2015, 14:04

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 13:51:
Am I the only one who gets "Error: Server not found" with these youtube links lately? "server https can not be found"

not like this

It's not just you. This is the second one in as many days for me. Still, Blue always provides the direct link in his text, so no biggie for me.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Jan 29, 2015, 14:06
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 14:06
Jan 29, 2015, 14:06

This might be linked to youtube's recent official switch to HTML5 by default. I vaguely remember reading that the system used for embedding also changed.

Jan 29, 2015, 14:47
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 14:47
Jan 29, 2015, 14:47

Brumbek wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 13:53:
NeOCidE wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 13:20:
EA / DICE I promise you I will not be buying this product after the BF4 fiasco.

Music to my ears!

Although about Visceral...sad to say the key creative people who made Dead Space left and formed...wait for it...Sledehammer Games and made MW3 & Advanced Warfare.

Specifically, Bret Robbins was the creative lead, Scofield the Producer/Creative Overseer, and Condrey the business/developement guy for Visceral. Hence...the chance of Visceral coming with up with fresh, interesting ideas is...low. HAVE NICE DAY.

God damn! I wasn't aware key folks left Visceral. Dead space is one of my all time fav games. The atmosphere and dread were at times unbearable.

I can only hope a great team reboots it. Although I wouldn't mind the trilogy being remastered.

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

Jan 29, 2015, 14:49
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 14:49
Jan 29, 2015, 14:49
 Slick

Suckage wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 14:06:
This might be linked to youtube's recent official switch to HTML5 by default. I vaguely remember reading that the system used for embedding also changed.

yeah i was thinking the same thing, good call.

also

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

i can't wait for the beta, had so much fun last time. i really really like the change from a military-style game for battlefield. and the CARS! oh man, i know that there's a boat load of good games on the market right now, but i'm sadly looking forward most to hardline, well and witcher 3.

I'd LOVE to play with/against some BN people for the upcoming beta, PC or PS4 i don't care. my origin name is DeeJaySlick, please add me!

even if you hate EA/DICE/Battlefield, it's free, this will be the only other time it's free to try. they call it a beta, but we all know it's a timed demo. so get off your high horses and give it a shot, i promise you won't lose your soul, and you might find a fun game.

HOT WIRE MODE BABY! where flags are CARS! it looks like GTA ONLINE if it actually worked.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jan 29, 2015, 15:19
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 15:19
Jan 29, 2015, 15:19

Bad idea, bad price, bad timing, who green lit this?

I just realized this also has a SP campaign? I think this was simply a MP mod, I liked it better that way. Not only did they have to reskin everything so it looked like cops vs robbers they also had to make a SP campaign? Ugh.

They should have made this a MP only game and reduced the cost of the project so they could sell the game at a lower price. At $60 it's a joke...not even a funny joke, it's just sad.

This should have simply been one of the dlc packs for BF4 that would come free with the premium pass.

Jan 29, 2015, 15:30
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 15:30
Jan 29, 2015, 15:30
 Slick

again, for someone who isn't too aware of this game (didn't know it had an SP) I recommend you at least try the beta for free. I wouldn't even go so far as to insinuate that you might want to buy it. people that are so entrenched won't budge. but at the very least judge the game based on it's own merits.

i've never been a big fan of people who are prejudicial. especially in this circumstance when you can actually try the thing out for free, as many games simply do not offer that these days.

or at least watch the HOTWIRE video from jackfrags
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jan 29, 2015, 15:34
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 15:34
Jan 29, 2015, 15:34

I can understand why people in the community are trying to create a me-too campaign against playing this game, it means less people playing Battlefield 4. It always goes down like that when you have an in-between release of a Battlefield game like Vietnam and BF2142, there's a feeling of too soon on the release cycle. It's also hard to switch back and forth between games, you get used to one and it's jarring to switch.

I'm looking forward to playing scenarios that are right out of the movie Heat.

Jan 29, 2015, 15:41
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 15:41
Jan 29, 2015, 15:41
 Slick

YES HEAT!!!

last year's E3 beta map was practically identical to the bank heist scene in HEAT, i know cause i watched it immediately afterwards, and was just laughing at how obviously ripped of it was, fine by me! heat was the tits!

also, has anyone else noticed that they're bringing back TRACER DARTS!?

i'm so glad for that. taking down choppers in bad company with tracer darts was sooo satisfying. landing the dart then seeing 4-5 rockets follow it behind the treeline, BEST!

i'd be fine with zero stingers/AA launchers in any BF game ever again, at least not man-portable, hardpoint AA turrets are fine by me, like in BF2.

are there stingers in hardline tho? anyone have a weapon list?

*just answered my own question goddamnit stingers are back. fawkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Jan 29, 2015, 15:51
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 15:51
Jan 29, 2015, 15:51

They've been using the BF4 community test environment to test tweaks to the game that'll end up in Hardline, I guess they've just made choppers more maneuverable by allowing them to do barrel rolls.

I hope they didn't listen too much to the people who wanted to turn the game into Rainbow Six, things like taking away the parachute or making it take up a gadget slot. It seems like they've gone the opposite direction with things like making you run faster if you're have your pistol out instead of your assault rifle.

Jan 29, 2015, 15:58
Ant

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 15:58
Jan 29, 2015, 15:58
 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 14:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 13:51:

not like this

It's not just you. This is the second one in as many days for me. Still, Blue always provides the direct link in his text, so no biggie for me.
Tell Blue! I did.

Jan 29, 2015, 16:07
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 16:07
Jan 29, 2015, 16:07
 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 15:51:
They've been using the BF4 community test environment to test tweaks to the game that'll end up in Hardline, I guess they've just made choppers more maneuverable by allowing them to do barrel rolls.

I hope they didn't listen too much to the people who wanted to turn the game into Rainbow Six, things like taking away the parachute or making it take up a gadget slot. It seems like they've gone the opposite direction with things like making you run faster if you're have your pistol out instead of your assault rifle.

yeah I tried the barrel-roll choppers, they made the attack choppers definitely more manoeuvrable, slower than the scout, but it still feels like a flying coffin with all the AA gadgetry out there. in short, anything to bring the air balance back to BF2 I'm all for. barrel rolls (and looser more realistic wobbly chopper controls) and stationary AA would fix the air balance IMO. too many people got mad after being raped by air, they have fucking deployable anti-air dummy turrets in BF4 for christ sake! air is SUPPOSED to lay the hurt down!

oh well, in hardline I won't be spending too much time in the air, I'm looking forward to nice ground vehicle squadplay.

also I didn't know about the running faster with pistol thing, that's interesting. very counterstrike.

Jan 29, 2015, 16:11
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 16:11
Jan 29, 2015, 16:11
 Slick

also 1.5 years between releases seems about par for the course. I think it's only because all of the bugs were fixed only 6 months ago with BF4 does it seem like hardline is coming out too fast. 1.5 - 2 years is the average between BF releases. holiday 2016 we should have 2143! which should be the first to finally abandon last gen consoles, so it will be a title to look out for. have you all SEEN what infamous second son or killzone shadow fall look like on a PS4? I can't wait to get some next-gen native battlefield titles. it will be much better. they could even do 96 man servers or something unexpected. *dreams*

Jan 29, 2015, 16:48
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 16:48
Jan 29, 2015, 16:48

So open beta is next week, launch is the week after?

Jan 29, 2015, 16:55
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 16:55
Jan 29, 2015, 16:55

Julio wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 16:48:

Game comes out March 17

They're up against the Grand Theft Auto V juggernaut on the PC, I suspect you'll see a sharp discount for Hardline in April/May.

Jan 29, 2015, 17:05
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 17:05
Jan 29, 2015, 17:05
 Slick

more like 6 weeks later...

and i think we're way past feigning shock that "open betas" are nothing more than timed demos. welcome to 2010

Jan 29, 2015, 17:15
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 17:15
Jan 29, 2015, 17:15

DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 16:55:

Game comes out March 17

They're up against the Grand Theft Auto V juggernaut on the PC, I suspect you'll see a sharp discount for Hardline in April/May.

Definitely worth waiting on the discounts, EA does drop the price on BF pretty quick after launch.

Jan 29, 2015, 18:43
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 18:43
Jan 29, 2015, 18:43

Julio wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 17:15:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 16:55:

Game comes out March 17

Definitely worth waiting on the discounts, EA does drop the price on BF pretty quick after launch.

Maybe on BF but not necessarily on Premium which is pretty much mandatory if you want to play BF in MP.
You're going to be paying between $60 to $100 for the base game or digital deluxe + premium for a very long time. It may go down to $60 in total for this year's xmas sale ($30 for the base game and $30 for premium) but I wouldn't even bet on that. EA's usual MO is more like dropping the base game to $29.99 but still sell premium at $49.99.

As for myself I'm done with BF thanks to the whole premium ripoff business. If I could get the full game plus all DLC as a preorder bonus deal for €50 max, fine, I might bite, but I'm not paying €60 just for the base game and another €50 for premium. Are they retarded? Fuck that shit.

Nah. I'll do the same as with BF4. Wait for Hardline to go on Origin Free Game Time and then I'll play the single player campaign for free and when done uninstall in true kthxbye fashion. They're not getting a single cent from me until they adopt their pricing and business model to something that makes some fucking sense for a change.
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer