Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week

Electronic Arts announces the promised open beta test of Battlefield Hardline will run from February 3-8*, offering all interested gamers access to Visceral Games' law enforcement shooter on Windows via Origin, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. "There’s nothing more valuable to our team than the relationship we have with our community. Their passion feeds our passion and their feedback has definitely helped make Hardline a better game," said Steve Papoutsis, General Manager of Visceral Games and Executive Producer of Battlefield Hardline. "We want them to play the hell out of the beta next week and trust that they’ll keep that feedback coming so we can continue to fine tune the game." They offer a look at the game and some exhaustive exposition in a new beta trailer, and here's word on next month's testing:
Battlefield Hardline builds on the foundation of the franchise’s signature multiplayer experience focused on team play and strategy and adds a new dimension of speed, making it the fastest Battlefield game ever. The open beta will feature three different maps and modes highlighting this cops and criminals fantasy world. The all-new Hotwire mode brings high-speed chases to the battlefield, as the criminals attempt to steal a list of marked cars while the cops try to repossess them. Available on two maps in the beta, Downtown and Dust Bowl, success in Hotwire will be predicated on teamwork and precision driving. Players can also experience the Battlefield franchise’s signature mode Conquest in Dust Bowl, with epic battles for up to 64 players**. And finally, the beta will also feature Heist, another new mode being introduced in Battlefield Hardline. Playable on the map Bank Job, the mode will pit criminals trying to pull off that big score and break into a bank vault, securing their take at drop off points in the map while a squad of cops work together to stop them.

The Battlefield Hardline beta will also provide access to the full breadth of multiplayer progression in the game, which features fresh new weapons, vehicles, gadgets and gear. Players will have to create new strategies on the battlefield with faster getaway methods like the zipline and muscle cars, or new entry tactics with the grappling hook and non-lethal takedown options like arrests, interrogations and stun guns. On top of all this, the beta will give the first look at another game mode called Hacker. This takes surveillance to the next level as one player on each side can hack the battlefield in different ways including hacking into security cameras, spotting enemies and specifying areas for their team to attack or defend. Hacker mode will be playable on all modes in the beta.

Battlefield Hardline brings the awe-inspiring, only-in-Battlefield destruction moments to LA and Miami in chaotic urban warfare. Powered by the Frostbite™ 3 game engine, Battlefield Hardline delivers an episodic single player campaign that follows rookie Miami Police Detective, Nick Mendoza, through a story of crime and revenge. This is brought to life by a veteran cast of Hollywood acting and writing talent, including Alexandra Daddario from True Detective, Wendy Calhoun from Justified, and Benito Martinez from The Shield.

* The beta will be available February 4-8 in Japan on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
** Conquest mode is available for 64 players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Conquest mode will have a player cap of 24 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

View : : :
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week
Jan 30, 2015, 13:19
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 30, 2015, 13:19
Jan 30, 2015, 13:19

Whoa, looks like the gloves came off.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

removed
Jan 30, 2015, 09:08
removed Jan 30, 2015, 09:08
Jan 30, 2015, 09:08

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 30, 2015, 09:08.

Jan 30, 2015, 08:49
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 30, 2015, 08:49
Jan 30, 2015, 08:49

Well I don't particularly much care for the "This game is shit because it isn't really Battlefield" argument. It's a GAME, it uses the same engine as Battlefield 4 and it's the kind of game I like (multiplayer-based FPS). I got my Origin key for it from CJS CDKeys a few days ago for £29! I'm personally looking forward to it.

removed
Jan 30, 2015, 07:28
removed Jan 30, 2015, 07:28
Jan 30, 2015, 07:28

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 30, 2015, 08:47.

removed
Jan 30, 2015, 02:48
Slick

removed Jan 30, 2015, 02:48
Jan 30, 2015, 02:48
 Slick

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 30, 2015, 09:08.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jan 30, 2015, 02:47
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 30, 2015, 02:47
Jan 30, 2015, 02:47
 Slick

LOOL

It wouldn't be a battlefield thread where I'm not called a shill for enjoying a game.

and buddy, I don't give 2 fucks what an IGN article says about what the street price of something 10 years old is. it was $29.99 and $14.99. because I bought them, I could show you the credit card receipt if they've kept my history that long. This was the first time anything was sold using the EA Downloader as far as I know, definitely the first online-only DLC that I've ever bought.

I know that you think I'm lying, but you should ask yourself this, if I'm an EA shill, wouldn't you think that I could come up with a better way to poke holes in your bullshit than claiming that a $9.99 was actually $14.99 10 years ago? If these are the battles you're picking you're obviously grasping at straws. it's been $110 for THIRTEEN YEARS. I'm sorry that this FACT makes you so mad you have to lash out, just because it completely invalidates your whiny opinion.

As for "being able to look things up" again, I don't HAVE to because I was THERE, that's what it COST. you sound like you were still sucking at your momma's titty when this was released. but guess what? Even old fucks like me can STILL look things up to prove you WRONG. $29.99 Amazon is CURRENTLY selling Special Forces for $19.99.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jan 30, 2015, 00:00
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 30, 2015, 00:00
Jan 30, 2015, 00:00

@Slick: You're plain wrong. Use Google. The booster packs were $9.99 each (check GameSpot review which mentions "solid value at $9.99" for Euro Force and IGN review which has the MSRP for Armored Fury at $9.99 as well). And Special Forces was $19.99 as you can also find out easily via IGN.
As for general discounts I'm very well aware of that but we were exclusively talking about EA here. And all of that is simply not true at all for EA. They take a long time to discount their games and if they do finally get around to slashing the price some, they usually only discount the main game but not the DLC so if you want the whole package you're still gonna have to pony up some serious cash.
EA's discounts are like bait. Here... come here... cheap main game and then *ZAP* HAHAHA and now here's some DLC for another $30. Lame.
Other publishers at least bundle their shit into GOTY editions and stuff like that.

It's pretty clear by now though that you're an EA shill that can't be bothered with facts so keep spreading some more lies for your overlords. Hope they pay you well indeed.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2015, 00:09.

Jan 29, 2015, 23:03
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 23:03
Jan 29, 2015, 23:03

I hope that guy is getting paid for his hard work.

Jan 29, 2015, 21:16
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 21:16
Jan 29, 2015, 21:16
 Slick

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 20:18:
@Slick: Complete bullshit at least for BF2. It had only one expansion (Special Forces) at $19.99 and two booster packs that were considerably cheaper at $9.99 each. So you're saying the base game was $70? Wrong. It was $49.99 as you can verify here and here.

So if you would have bought everything at release for full price then BF2 complete was ~$90 max and not $110. The booster packs were also released for free later on, discounts on the main game (online as well as brick&mortar retail) were much more frequent and I remember several decent bundles with BF2 + SF or later on a booster pack bundle etc., all of which EA has practically stopped doing to keep the average price as high as possible for as long as possible.

for BF2 the base game was 49.99, but special forces was 29.99 and the booster packs were 14.99 a piece. which is a grand total of *drum roll* $110

I'm only talking about what they cost at launch, everyone knows they get cheaper as time goes on. also I think you should take off your pink nostalgia glasses, as they're clouding your memory.

yes, brick and mortar stores would give discounts, but NOTHING close to the rapid discount rate we've seen from digital distribution. there's alot of AAA games that will be %50 off within 1-2 MONTHS after launching. we never saw that shit in brick and mortar stores.

i don't ever remember a game launching in October, and before that same Christmas was for sale at half off. this is a very new thing in the industry. 5 years ago last year's call of duty game would maaaybe get a %10 discount. and that's 12 months, not 2.

Jan 29, 2015, 20:18
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 20:18
Jan 29, 2015, 20:18

@Slick: Complete bullshit at least for BF2. It had only one expansion (Special Forces) at $19.99 and two booster packs that were considerably cheaper at $9.99 each. So you're saying the base game was $70? Wrong. It was $49.99 as you can verify here and here.

So if you would have bought everything at release for full price then BF2 complete was ~$90 max and not $110. The booster packs were also released for free later on, discounts on the main game (online as well as brick&mortar retail) were much more frequent and I remember several decent bundles with BF2 + SF or later on a booster pack bundle etc., all of which EA has practically stopped doing to keep the average price as high as possible for as long as possible.

Jan 29, 2015, 19:19
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 19:19
Jan 29, 2015, 19:19
 Slick

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 18:43:
Julio wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 17:15:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 16:55:
Julio wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 16:48:
So open beta is next week, launch is the week after?

Game comes out March 17

They're up against the Grand Theft Auto V juggernaut on the PC, I suspect you'll see a sharp discount for Hardline in April/May.

Definitely worth waiting on the discounts, EA does drop the price on BF pretty quick after launch.

Maybe on BF but not necessarily on Premium which is pretty much mandatory if you want to play BF in MP.
You're going to be paying between $60 to $100 for the base game or digital deluxe + premium for a very long time. It may go down to $60 in total for this year's xmas sale ($30 for the base game and $30 for premium) but I wouldn't even bet on that. EA's usual MO is more like dropping the base game to $29.99 but still sell premium at $49.99.

As for myself I'm done with BF thanks to the whole premium ripoff business. If I could get the full game plus all DLC as a preorder bonus deal for €50 max, fine, I might bite, but I'm not paying €60 just for the base game and another €50 for premium. Are they retarded? Fuck that shit.

Nah. I'll do the same as with BF4. Wait for Hardline to go on Origin Free Game Time and then I'll play the single player campaign for free and when done uninstall in true kthxbye fashion. They're not getting a single cent from me until they adopt their pricing and business model to something that makes some fucking sense for a change.

sigh, feel like i have to keep bringing this up.. oh well...

BF 1942 + all expansions = $110
BF 2 + all expansions = $110
BF 3 + all expansions = $110
BF 4 + all expansions = $110

this is a 13 year old pricing structure that has remained unchainged. so please do your homework before working yourself into a hatestorm over this.

not to mention that $110 13 years ago is worth more than $110 today. So by pure logic each iteration of the series + all expansions become cheaper each time.

------------

also, having the DLC is by no means the "only way to go". most servers are running stock maps. Each expansion is usually populated for 1-2 months after it's launched, and after that they all but disappear, save for a few dedicated servers. there hasn't been a populated carrier mode in months, and that was the 3rd expansion.

Jan 29, 2015, 18:43
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 18:43
Jan 29, 2015, 18:43

Julio wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 17:15:

Game comes out March 17

They're up against the Grand Theft Auto V juggernaut on the PC, I suspect you'll see a sharp discount for Hardline in April/May.

Definitely worth waiting on the discounts, EA does drop the price on BF pretty quick after launch.

Maybe on BF but not necessarily on Premium which is pretty much mandatory if you want to play BF in MP.
You're going to be paying between $60 to $100 for the base game or digital deluxe + premium for a very long time. It may go down to $60 in total for this year's xmas sale ($30 for the base game and $30 for premium) but I wouldn't even bet on that. EA's usual MO is more like dropping the base game to $29.99 but still sell premium at $49.99.

As for myself I'm done with BF thanks to the whole premium ripoff business. If I could get the full game plus all DLC as a preorder bonus deal for €50 max, fine, I might bite, but I'm not paying €60 just for the base game and another €50 for premium. Are they retarded? Fuck that shit.

Nah. I'll do the same as with BF4. Wait for Hardline to go on Origin Free Game Time and then I'll play the single player campaign for free and when done uninstall in true kthxbye fashion. They're not getting a single cent from me until they adopt their pricing and business model to something that makes some fucking sense for a change.

Jan 29, 2015, 17:15
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 17:15
Jan 29, 2015, 17:15

Game comes out March 17

Jan 29, 2015, 17:05
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 17:05
Jan 29, 2015, 17:05
 Slick

more like 6 weeks later...

and i think we're way past feigning shock that "open betas" are nothing more than timed demos. welcome to 2010

Jan 29, 2015, 16:55
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 16:55
Jan 29, 2015, 16:55

Game comes out March 17

Jan 29, 2015, 16:48
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 16:48
Jan 29, 2015, 16:48

Jan 29, 2015, 16:11
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 16:11
Jan 29, 2015, 16:11
 Slick

also 1.5 years between releases seems about par for the course. I think it's only because all of the bugs were fixed only 6 months ago with BF4 does it seem like hardline is coming out too fast. 1.5 - 2 years is the average between BF releases. holiday 2016 we should have 2143! which should be the first to finally abandon last gen consoles, so it will be a title to look out for. have you all SEEN what infamous second son or killzone shadow fall look like on a PS4? I can't wait to get some next-gen native battlefield titles. it will be much better. they could even do 96 man servers or something unexpected. *dreams*

Jan 29, 2015, 16:07
Slick

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 16:07
Jan 29, 2015, 16:07
 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 15:51:
They've been using the BF4 community test environment to test tweaks to the game that'll end up in Hardline, I guess they've just made choppers more maneuverable by allowing them to do barrel rolls.

I hope they didn't listen too much to the people who wanted to turn the game into Rainbow Six, things like taking away the parachute or making it take up a gadget slot. It seems like they've gone the opposite direction with things like making you run faster if you're have your pistol out instead of your assault rifle.

yeah I tried the barrel-roll choppers, they made the attack choppers definitely more manoeuvrable, slower than the scout, but it still feels like a flying coffin with all the AA gadgetry out there. in short, anything to bring the air balance back to BF2 I'm all for. barrel rolls (and looser more realistic wobbly chopper controls) and stationary AA would fix the air balance IMO. too many people got mad after being raped by air, they have fucking deployable anti-air dummy turrets in BF4 for christ sake! air is SUPPOSED to lay the hurt down!

oh well, in hardline I won't be spending too much time in the air, I'm looking forward to nice ground vehicle squadplay.

also I didn't know about the running faster with pistol thing, that's interesting. very counterstrike.

Jan 29, 2015, 15:58
Ant

Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 15:58
Jan 29, 2015, 15:58
 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 14:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 13:51:
Am I the only one who gets "Error: Server not found" with these youtube links lately? "server https can not be found"

Youtube links are embedded like this
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wuY3xNa8PBY

not like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuY3xNa8PBY

But that can't be the error here.. weird

It's not just you. This is the second one in as many days for me. Still, Blue always provides the direct link in his text, so no biggie for me.
Tell Blue! I did.
Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

Jan 29, 2015, 15:51
Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 15:51
Jan 29, 2015, 15:51

They've been using the BF4 community test environment to test tweaks to the game that'll end up in Hardline, I guess they've just made choppers more maneuverable by allowing them to do barrel rolls.

I hope they didn't listen too much to the people who wanted to turn the game into Rainbow Six, things like taking away the parachute or making it take up a gadget slot. It seems like they've gone the opposite direction with things like making you run faster if you're have your pistol out instead of your assault rifle.
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older