Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow

The Fahrenheit website announces the availability of Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered, an updated version of Quantic Dream's 2006 action/adventure that was known as Fahrenheit or Indigo Prophecy, depending on the region (thanks NeoGAF via VG247). This is actually premature, as the "buy now" link shows this remake from Aspyr will be released tomorrow for Windows, OS X, Linux, and iOS, with the FAQ stating this is coming to Steam. They offer this trailer to show how the game has been updated, and here's word:

Originally released in 2005, Fahrenheit (known as Indigo Prophecy in North America) was a breakthrough in interactive narrative, teetering between the worlds of cinema and gaming while also embracing them, carving its own unique genre in the entertainment landscape. This newly remastered edition features updated graphics, full controller support and is based on the uncut/uncensored international version of the game.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 29, 2015, 18:19 peteham

Enjoyed this back in the day. The story isn't bad (at least my memory tells me it isn't). The usual B-movie grade, but it's more tolerable in games since you actually participate. Some of the choice/consequence stuff is fun too. I suppose it seems less "revolutionary" now than it did back then, now that it's being done in lots of game and probably a lot better too, in games like Walking Dead et al.

Brace for QTEs, as others have mentioned. On that note: Highly recommend playing with a gamepad, assuming the PC version supports it. It's way easier to pull off the dual directional arrow thing with dual thumbsticks. At least from personal experience, my brain wouldn't deal with both hands having to do the WASD, at least...

The second half of the game's story is ... well... bad.. In addition to these types of stories never living up to the initial build-up in general, they had to cut a massive chunk of the game to reach their deadline. I assume they haven't added any of this stuff in the re-release, so: Minor spoiler: The game basically skips months or years at a certain point towards the end, and weird stuff has happened, with no little to no explanation what so ever. But to be honest it goes bad long before that, with all the occult nonsensical mumbo jumbo.. YMMV.

Finally, the soundtrack (by Angelo Badalamenti of Twin Peaks theme fame) is great.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2015, 18:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 29, 2015, 13:52 IAMLIT_REFLEX

I, for one, loved it and will hopefully be picking it up. You do realize that the better you handle those QTE's or whatever they're called the better the story gets, right?

Yes, I actually like them.

Edit: I must agree that this "remastering" is a bit... disappointing. But this is definitely one of those games where it's not about the graphics.

16. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 29, 2015, 12:30 Jivaro

*shrug* At the time it was released, I enjoyed it tremendously. I just don't think it aged very well and I am not sure that "remastering" it will help. As others have mentioned, some of the gameplay mechanics were truly horrid. At the time I didn't care much, plenty of games had controls and areas that I felt like I had to battle through to enjoy the rest of the game. These days that is something that is much less easy to forgive.  

15. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 29, 2015, 11:26 Flatline

Creston wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 23:53:
This game made the unforgivable design decision to force you to focus on not one, but TWO different sets of QTEs at the same time, all while really cool shit was happening on screen—really cool shit that you never got to see, because you had to keep fucking around with the stupid QTEs. My wife, who watched me play it for awhile, said that especially the "escape from demons in the office area" was really cool to see. Me? Never saw a glimpse of it.

The story was actually cool, but holy shit was the game design behind it fucking terrible. Do yourself a favor, watch someone just play through this on Youtube. It'll be FAR less aggravating. Unless you happen to be one of those rare souls that likes QTEs (I imagine a few exist, after all, why else would devs keep putting fucking QTEs in games??), in which case this game will be your own personal nirvana.

The first like... half... of Fahrenheit had a fantastic story. The last half started... uneven. Then it shit it's pants in the final act by rushing like a high school boy losing his virginity: The payoff wasn't worth the buildup.

Also...

That whole thing with the AI was f*cking rubbish for what was supposed to be a supernatural thriller

14. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 29, 2015, 08:43 eRe4s3r

A cult classic? More like an example of everything that is wrong with QTE's in gaming. Like Creston I played it once, uncensored and all, and that made me hate QTE's with a passion. I didn't get to see fuck-all of the game, all it was were colorful button prompts interlinked with dialog. And because you have to mash QTE's constantly all the time you literally don't notice jack shit about the game.

Most retarded game design of the last decade. And THIS gets a lazy ass HD remaster.. haha

13. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 29, 2015, 00:10 Fantaz

meh, i know there's multiple paths to play this but playing it one time a decade ago was enough for me. also pretty sure that i got a hold of the uncut international version of that back then as well. don't think it aged well either, unlike Grim Fandango. i remember it to be mostly unmemorable, with silly flashbacks near the end that didn;t make sense to me.  

12. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 23:53 Creston

This game made the unforgivable design decision to force you to focus on not one, but TWO different sets of QTEs at the same time, all while really cool shit was happening on screen—really cool shit that you never got to see, because you had to keep fucking around with the stupid QTEs. My wife, who watched me play it for awhile, said that especially the "escape from demons in the office area" was really cool to see. Me? Never saw a glimpse of it.

The story was actually cool, but holy shit was the game design behind it fucking terrible. Do yourself a favor, watch someone just play through this on Youtube. It'll be FAR less aggravating. Unless you happen to be one of those rare souls that likes QTEs (I imagine a few exist, after all, why else would devs keep putting fucking QTEs in games??), in which case this game will be your own personal nirvana.

11. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 23:42 killer_roach

Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 22:07:
Really? That's remastered HD? Yeesh I'd hate to see what the original looks like.

It's a pretty ugly game even by 2005 standards, but this "remaster" looks to simply be filtered textures and running at higher resolutions to get rid of the jaggies in the geometry. For an "HD remaster", it's been brutally assaulted with the ugly stick.

10. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 22:46 Wallshadows

Quboid wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 22:05:

The game is a minimalist take on how a blizzard causes this sad snowman to become obese. Where does his body end and the snow storm start?

(Or the embed has a typo, an extra http: by the looks of it, but this is relatively unlikely.)

I keep trying to feed it Slim Fast but all it's doing is making a mess on my table!

9. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 22:07 Cutter

Really? That's remastered HD? Yeesh I'd hate to see what the original looks like.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

8. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 22:05 Quboid

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 20:18:
This game must be awful. The trailer only has a white background and a page that looks sad.

The game is a minimalist take on how a blizzard causes this sad snowman to become obese. Where does his body end and the snow storm start?

(Or the embed has a typo, an extra http: by the looks of it, but this is relatively unlikely.)

7. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 20:18 Wallshadows

This game must be awful. The trailer only has a white background and a page that looks sad.  

6. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 20:09 Elf Shot The Food

This game started well, but I was laughing at it by the end.

Also, *way* too many QTE sequences.

5. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 19:59 Acleacius

Hah, the only game I know with QTE for sex and girlfriend satisfaction level!  
“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

4. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 19:20 jdreyer

The graphics don't look vastly improved. Looks in that trailer about the same as HL2, which was released the same year. Looking at the FAQ, looks like they increased graphic fidelity by 4x so a 256x256 texture has been increased to a 512x512 texture. Not great, but probably better than the original. And it looks like the original low poly engine was retained.

Kind of strange that the trailer opens up with warnings about sex and nudity, and the first image they show you is a little girl. I realize that only adults appear nude, but still an odd juxtaposition.

Never played the original, but this looks like a kind of unique and compelling story, so I'll pick this up at some point.

EDIT: Ew, QTEs. Hmm, might have to reconsider then...

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

3. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 19:16 CJ_Parker

Carla Valenti was hawt.

Story was great, game sucked. That's it in a nutshell. It had the most frequent, most challenging (since you gotta do them two-handed with four keys per hand) and most annoying QTEs in any game I have ever played. The only reason I did not quit was because I *had* to find out how it all ends. And it was good. And nude. Awesome...

2. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 18:50 Metasparks

Awww shit. Count me in. I loved this game. Though the ending got weird as shit!  

1. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 18:30 killer_roach

Dear Quantic Dream -

Not overly interested in a remastered version of Fahrenheit. That being said, if you could see your way to remastering (or having somebody else remaster) Omikron... that might be another story.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo