Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch

The Stretch Goals page on the Roberts Space Industries website shows that Star Citizen has now passed $70 million in crowdfunding. This is probably in part attributable to a Limited Ship Sale they are currently running. There's no update yet to commemorate the new milestone, but there is word on a new Arena Commander patch updating the module to version 1.1. Word is: "AC 1.0.1 is primarily a bug fix and game balance patch, addressing issues ranging from ship balancing to missile damage to UI legibility. The complete patch notes are available here. In addition to the bug fixes, several systems and other features have been added." Thanks IncGamers.
View : : :

Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
Jan 25, 2015, 09:20
Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 25, 2015, 09:20
Jan 25, 2015, 09:20

Sugarman wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 07:54:
I really don't get all the hate towards SC. Good/bad, it will get released, and if it's bad, then it will get patched until it's good, unless all of you think 70 million isn't nearly enough for all that.

It's the largest crowdfunded project to date, so obviously people want this game to be a reality, yet so many of you bash it at every opportunity possible, why? If you don't approve how about just ignoring it and waiting until it's released to push your judgement/opinions off on everyone. I can see a healthy debate but a select few of you seem to take it upon yourselves to bash it at every opportunity in every article Blue posts. I think we are aware of your opinions by now, how about letting those who aren't anti SC fanatics discuss it in the comments without hateful statements by ill informed people. Maybe someone has an actual question they'd like answered, not gonna happen here the way it is currently.

I've been reading Bluesnews since the 90's, but lately I've avoided it because of all the negative commentary by a select few trolls, it really ruins the experience. This isn't fair to Blue, why should he lose out on site traffic because a few of you have an overwhelming need to share your negativity far too often?

Statements like this
What a weird world we live in where customers themselves fund games before they're even made
are just plain unnecessary, it's called crowdfunding, many things are available to us now that wouldn't be if it weren't for crowdfunding, everyone knows this, go somewhere else and attempt your (negative originality).

This used to be a fun gaming news site, but a few of you are trying your best to turn it into reddit or 4chan. I'd like to keep BluesNews as it is/was, that is why I've came here for so long, and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks this way. I didn't post this to hurt your feelings, make you look bad, or call down the wrath of righteous reply posts, I posted this because you're being a douchebag, quit being a douchebag.

Amen
I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq
Date
Subject
Author
Jan 26, 2015Jan 26 2015
Jan 25, 2015Jan 25 2015
   Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
Jan 25, 2015Jan 25 2015
Jan 26, 2015Jan 26 2015
Jan 26, 2015Jan 26 2015
Jan 26, 2015Jan 26 2015
Jan 26, 2015Jan 26 2015
Jan 26, 2015Jan 26 2015