By the way, how is the traffic AI in GTA V?
I realise that this game is not for driving around normally but I sometimes like to do that. From what I remember it wasn't bad in Saints Row 3 (it's pretty annoying in Saints Row 4) but the traffic AI in GTA IV is terrible.
- If you stop at a red light the cars behind you get impatient and will try to overtake you, as if you're not supposed to be there and ram into you.
- If a NPC car runs over a cop he will act as if nothing happened.
- A police car that crashes into you will immediately become hostile
- In case of an imminent crash the NPC AI will just continue driving forward instead of trying to get out of your way.
- Instead of trying to maintain traffic flow AI cars will abruptly stop if there is another car in a ~120° cone in front of them which can cause huge traffic jams at crossroads.
It's incredibly annoying to drive around the city in a normal way and from I've read GTA V is worse and even the first Saints row had better traffic AI.
For shame Rockstar. For shame.
Now we donce.