Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders

The Rockstar Warehouse now features preorders of the PC edition of Grand Theft Auto V, offering a free game as a bonus for the advance commitment, along with a pile of in-game cash. Because the free game is given up front, customers will be charged 15% of the cost of their order immediately. For those looking to save a little real money on the deal, it can be had from Green Man Gaming for 23% off with coupon code found on DEALZON. And for those in the U.K., the game is on Gamesplanet.com for 20% off.
View : : :
101 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
Jan 17, 2015, 09:54
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 09:54
Jan 17, 2015, 09:54

NKD wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 01:01:
I'm starting to wonder when exactly it was the people here stopped caring about the PC as a platform. Any remotely hype title comes along and all sins are forgiven and the $60 transactions start to flow. If you're purchasing a sloppy port and an HD texture pack for $60, you really lose a lot of that moral high ground when it comes to bitching about other titles being ripoffs.

Probably not all that many PC folks respond to the GTA5 threads, but aside from that (for various reasons not limited to GTA4)--yes, $60 even with the supposedly "free" game--is a ludicrous price that only a mongoloid would pay...;) $39.95 is a much more rational price. PCs are selling globally right now at a rate of some ~35M a month, which is more than the PS4 and the xBone combined have sold since they shipped, and in two months the sale of PCs right now eclipses the entire ten-year run of the xb 360.

Kind of puts the true picture of consoles where it belongs--in the small potatoes category. But that's alright--let companies like Rockstar and Ubisoft delude themselves about that. Just leaves more success to companies like Valve and the Kickstarters...:D

It is well known that I don't make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in something I have written, you can be confident in the fact that *I* did not write it.

Jan 17, 2015, 09:44
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 09:44
Jan 17, 2015, 09:44

On the other hand, there are a ton of used GTA V games out there for consoles. Don't know why anyone needs a PC version after it has been out so long.

Jan 17, 2015, 09:37
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 09:37
Jan 17, 2015, 09:37

Sure, Rockstar certainly does plan how to double on sales, fortunately for them their timing allowed them to earn the "superdip" achievement and get a triple dog dip.

Of course they assume people will buy it more than once. Some do, I certainly don't.
Yours truly,

Axis

Jan 17, 2015, 09:25
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 09:25
Jan 17, 2015, 09:25

In case anyone's looking for a cheaper Steam copy, look for a trader from China - some info here.

You should be able to find GTA V for around $35 via paypal (traders have to make a profit after all) but caveat emptor and all that. If you're not already into Steam trading, there's all sorts of scammers preying on newbies so just buy it from the Steam store. But if you feel like gambling try someplace like this.

Jan 17, 2015, 09:10
Quboid

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 09:10
Jan 17, 2015, 09:10
 Quboid

Iurand wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 06:20:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:13:

^ this... a gazillion times this. Don't fall for the retarded hype, people. Grow some balls, get some standards and give R* the finger that they deserve! If you absolutely have to buy this game, buy it on PS3 or PS4

Yeah, show them, that if they won't make their games better, you will buy them anyway on other systems...

Wait, what's the incentive to make better PC ports?

Grow some balls and send them a message: treat us like second class citizens and we will fold and validate your decision to prioritise consoles. Treating the PC like an inconvenience? Well we'll just do much the same. Ha!

That'll show 'em.

Pirating is much the same. I wouldn't stop anyone even if I could but don't pretend you're doing it for noble reasons. If you want to boycott, boycott.

removed
Jan 17, 2015, 08:34
Slick

removed Jan 17, 2015, 08:34
Jan 17, 2015, 08:34
 Slick

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 18, 2015, 12:57.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jan 17, 2015, 08:32
Slick

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 08:32
Jan 17, 2015, 08:32
 Slick

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:22:
GTA4 was an abortion of a port and nobody in their right mind should preorder GTA5. Even if it's a good port it should be boycotted because of the shitty treatment PC users have been given. If you want to play it this is one of the few games I recommend you pirate. Stop supporting shitty developers.

^ this... a gazillion times this. Don't fall for the retarded hype, people. Grow some balls, get some standards and give R* the finger that they deserve! If you absolutely have to buy this game, buy it on PS3 or PS4 (don't support the PC-raping assholes from Microsoft either).

But who am I kidding? It won't happen. You little sheep and lemmings will line up as usual in your wet panties and hand over your $60 because you just can't resist the hype. And that is exactly why we will continue getting what we deserve from companies like Ubi, EA and R*. Why should they stop fucking us over if it's that easy? Thanks so much!

let me get you on speeddial, so next time i want to make a decision as a free man i can run it by you first to make sure it's cool.

some people don't give a flying fuck about anything you said, they just have 2 things in common:

1) they want to play GTA V
2) on PC

can you handle that?
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jan 17, 2015, 08:30
Slick

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 08:30
Jan 17, 2015, 08:30
 Slick

Krovven wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:44:
Everyone needs to make their own choices for their own reasons. $800k cash for Online is significant though. That's a purchase of one of the best Super Cars. Or a property and a good car. Etc.

To earn 800k by playing takes a lot of hours doing missions.

or about $10 USD

Jan 17, 2015, 08:17
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 08:17
Jan 17, 2015, 08:17

Redmask wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:51:
The port of Max Payne 3 on the other hand was fucking stellar.
No, it really wasn't. The performance and visuals were fine but that was achieved by placing in obnoxious load times that were concealed by pre-rendered, ultra compressed low fidelity cutscenes at 720p. When I first played the game I thought it was broken as the visual quality was disgusting - then the cutscene ended and the in-game visuals were great. Unfortunately the pre-rendered cutscenes were everywhere and it ruined enjoyment of the game.

jimnms wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 00:09:
I'm confused. Headscratch First we're begging R* to give us GTA V on PC, and now that they've "remastered" it for PC and "next gen" consoles, given it a first person view and other enhancements, people are now bitching and saying they're going to pirate it because it took them too long.
The game should have been made to next-gen standards on PC from the get-go, just like Far Cry 3 was (a game that was never released on PS4 / XB1). FC3 managed a simultaneous launch, while taking full advantage of the PC platform. That's entirely different to RockCunts, which deliberately didn't release or announce a PC release and produced a game with shit visuals for crap-gen consoles - then when they do eventually get around to 'next-gen' quality they delay the PC release. So yes, I will happily berate RockCunts for repeatedly shafting PC gamers with a rusty dildo.

No self-respecting PC gamer should even consider buying this title at full price, let alone pre-ordering it.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Jan 17, 2015, 06:20
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 06:20
Jan 17, 2015, 06:20

^ this... a gazillion times this. Don't fall for the retarded hype, people. Grow some balls, get some standards and give R* the finger that they deserve! If you absolutely have to buy this game, buy it on PS3 or PS4

Yeah, show them, that if they won't make their games better, you will buy them anyway on other systems...

Wait, what's the incentive to make better PC ports?

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 00:45:
GMG is providing a Rockstar Social Club key, not a Steam key. I'm not sure that's worth saving the $15, to have to manage another games library...

You'll get RSC with Steam anyway.

Jan 17, 2015, 04:13
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 04:13
Jan 17, 2015, 04:13

NKD wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 03:58:
Okay, I'll bite. It's possible there could be some amazing title that is worth $60 even a year and a half or more after release. But is GTA 5 REALLY one of them dude?

Why is GTA 5 going to give me hundreds of hours of play? The PS3 version gave me about 30 hours or so. Enough time to go through all the missions and goof around a bit with the miscellaneous activities.

What do you envision me doing for hundreds of hours in GTA 5?

Why is this game exceptional?

If you have no interest in playing the online game, then no, it's not going to give you value.

If you own the game on PS3 and played the online game, you would know that it's a hell of a lot more than playing tennis. I only did that once myself. Boring shit.

Racing (too many various modes, vehicle types, tracks, etc to list. Land Sea and Air), Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, PvP Missions, Coop Missions, Survivals, Captures, Parachuting, and several other modes. And of course Freemode where you can do all sorts of things around the map aside from just getting into fights, causing mayhem, doing stunts, bounty hunting, etc, etc.

Of course there is darts, arm wrestling, tennis, shooting range and golf. Nobody really does those much. I intend to do some Shooting Range activities on PC though as it was a lesson in frustration with the gamepad.

Jan 17, 2015, 03:58
NKD
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 03:58
Jan 17, 2015, 03:58
NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 02:21:
You're crazy. This title is one of the highest rated titles in gaming history, but you're expecting people to be PC snobs because the game isn't "pure?" And, like Skyrim, this game is going to give you literally 100s of hours of play. It's your perogative to wait for a Steam sale, but there aren't many other games out there that offer this bang for the buck.

Okay, I'll bite. It's possible there could be some amazing title that is worth $60 even a year and a half or more after release. But is GTA 5 REALLY one of them dude?

Why is GTA 5 going to give me hundreds of hours of play? The PS3 version gave me about 30 hours or so. Enough time to go through all the missions and goof around a bit with the miscellaneous activities. It was reasonable value for money, especially at used price. But there is no meaningful or interesting exploration on par with Skyrim, which I have about 500 hours in. I guess I could go play the tennis minigame for a hundred hours, but who is actually going to do that?

What do you envision me doing for hundreds of hours in GTA 5? Certainly not trying different character builds, or exploring the world looking for hidden dungeon and lore items.

Why is this game exceptional? I put more hours into Saints Row 4 than I did GTA 5 owing to its co-op campaign alone.

Jan 17, 2015, 02:57
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 02:57
Jan 17, 2015, 02:57

nin wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 02:33:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 02:28:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 23:51:
Definitely going to wait and see on this one. And even if the port is good, I wont be rewarding them with money for it. I'll torrent it. Fuck Rockstar.

I'm confused. Headscratch First we're begging R* to give us GTA V on PC, and now that they've "remastered" it for PC and "next gen" consoles, given it a first person view and other enhancements, people are now bitching and saying they're going to pirate it because it took them too long. I'm sure that will teach them to bring us games we want to our platform of choice. Fucking looser. Middlefinger

Its got nothing to do with "taking too long" mate. In fact, I'd rather they spend the extra time making sure its a solid port and not a buggy mess like nearly every bloody game released in 2014.

Rockstar gets the big ol' fuck you on numerous other grounds including, but not limited to:

• The messed up bollocks that was GTA 4 on PC
  • Shitty, arrogant treatment of their PC fans
  • Charging $80+ for a game that came out more than a year ago
  • Their bullshit abuse of power and altering games post-release (removing tracks from GTA San Andreas even for those that bought it before said changes took effect)
  • Their blatant pushing (and integration) of their stupid Social Club bollocks
  • Their bold face lying, flippant attitude and lack of communication
  • Treating genuine buyers like pirates
  • Shitty, shitty DRM policy
Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX, Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable.

Fuck them.

If they're such horrible people, why play their game at all? I mean, if you're going to take a stand, make it mean something.

I never said the game wasnt any good. I already own it on PS3 and just wish they didnt hate and disrespect their PC player-base.

If they'd humble up and apologise and fix their mistakes, I'd seriously reconsider buying it. But as it currently stands, no way.
"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

Jan 17, 2015, 02:33
nin

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 02:33
Jan 17, 2015, 02:33
 nin

NamecaF wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 02:28:
Definitely going to wait and see on this one. And even if the port is good, I wont be rewarding them with money for it. I'll torrent it. Fuck Rockstar.

I'm confused. Headscratch First we're begging R* to give us GTA V on PC, and now that they've "remastered" it for PC and "next gen" consoles, given it a first person view and other enhancements, people are now bitching and saying they're going to pirate it because it took them too long. I'm sure that will teach them to bring us games we want to our platform of choice. Fucking looser. Middlefinger

Its got nothing to do with "taking too long" mate. In fact, I'd rather they spend the extra time making sure its a solid port and not a buggy mess like nearly every bloody game released in 2014.

Rockstar gets the big ol' fuck you on numerous other grounds including, but not limited to:

• Their bullshit abuse of power and altering games post-release (removing tracks from GTA San Andreas even for those that bought it before said changes took effect)
Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX, Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable.

Fuck them.

If they're such horrible people, why play their game at all? I mean, if you're going to take a stand, make it mean something.

Jan 17, 2015, 02:28
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 02:28
Jan 17, 2015, 02:28

Fuck them.
"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

Jan 17, 2015, 02:21
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 02:21
Jan 17, 2015, 02:21

NKD wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 01:01:
Many people have a problem with Rockstar's triple dip monetization strategy. They release it for last-gen consoles right at the end of the console cycle. Then they re-release it a year later for current-gen consoles (still at full price with no discount for people who bought the game previously), and then several months later release another version for the PC, again, effectively at full price minus the usual PC discount schemes if you pre-order sight unseen. Keep in mind that throughout this process there is no early confirmation that next-gen or PC versions are even being made, because they want everyone to buy the last-gen version rather than wait for their preferred version. We have people on this very site who have already purchased the game twice and will be purchasing it a 3rd time, all at essentially full price. So even here, their scam is working.

You're a loon.
1. Development started four or five years ago, long before the next gen consoles had been announced.
2. They built and released the games for the consoles that were out at the time. That's logical.
3. The new consoles came out, and people were clamoring for the game on the new consoles, so they built it. Could it have been planned that way? Probably, but who cares? What are they supposed to do, miss out on an entire year of sales? Could have/should have they built it for PCs at the same time? Probably, but it is what it is. As for triple dipping, I don't really see much overlap between people that buy it for PS4 and PC gamers.

I have a Windows PC so that I can play the latest games with the best experience possible. I do not have a Windows PC so that I can buy 2 year old games at full price with an HD texture pack, and most likely, shitty performance. If I wanted that, I'd be using a fucking Mac or Linux. If a company is not making PC a priority, it's not a company I want to support, period. Other companies have managed to release quality titles for PC at the same time as their console counterparts, why can't Rockstar? I purchased a used copy of GTA V for PS3, and I don't intend to get the PC version until it's on some bargain bin Steam sale.
I'd love to hear how you think the game will not push your top end PC in it's current form. PS4 is a midrange PC already, and if you increase the draw distance in GTAV, add some AA, throw it on a 1440P monitor (or triple-screen it), your top end PC will be plenty stressed. And the game will look fantastic to boot.

I'm starting to wonder when exactly it was the people here stopped caring about the PC as a platform. Any remotely hype title comes along and all sins are forgiven and the $60 transactions start to flow. If you're purchasing a sloppy port and an HD texture pack for $60, you really lose a lot of that moral high ground when it comes to bitching about other titles being ripoffs.
You're crazy. This title is one of the highest rated titles in gaming history, but you're expecting people to be PC snobs because the game isn't "pure?" And, like Skyrim, this game is going to give you literally 100s of hours of play. It's your perogative to wait for a Steam sale, but there aren't many other games out there that offer this bang for the buck.
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Jan 17, 2015, 01:01
NKD
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 01:01
Jan 17, 2015, 01:01
NKD

Many people have a problem with Rockstar's triple dip monetization strategy. They release it for last-gen consoles right at the end of the console cycle. Then they re-release it a year later for current-gen consoles (still at full price with no discount for people who bought the game previously), and then several months later release another version for the PC, again, effectively at full price minus the usual PC discount schemes if you pre-order sight unseen. Keep in mind that throughout this process there is no early confirmation that next-gen or PC versions are even being made, because they want everyone to buy the last-gen version rather than wait for their preferred version. We have people on this very site who have already purchased the game twice and will be purchasing it a 3rd time, all at essentially full price. So even here, their scam is working.

I have a Windows PC so that I can play the latest games with the best experience possible. I do not have a Windows PC so that I can buy 2 year old games at full price with an HD texture pack, and most likely, shitty performance. If I wanted that, I'd be using a fucking Mac or Linux. If a company is not making PC a priority, it's not a company I want to support, period. Other companies have managed to release quality titles for PC at the same time as their console counterparts, why can't Rockstar? I purchased a used copy of GTA V for PS3, and I don't intend to get the PC version until it's on some bargain bin Steam sale.

Jan 17, 2015, 00:45
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 00:45
Jan 17, 2015, 00:45

GMG is providing a Rockstar Social Club key, not a Steam key. I'm not sure that's worth saving the $15, to have to manage another games library...

Jan 17, 2015, 00:09
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 00:09
Jan 17, 2015, 00:09

"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Jan 16, 2015, 23:51
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 23:51
Jan 16, 2015, 23:51

-RedEye9
101 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older