Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

New Hitman Game Details This Year

A tweet from the Hitman account has word from IO Interactive to expect more information on the Hitman series this year, waiting to share it, in spite of declaring that they cannot: "There's more info coming this year and we can't wait to share it!" The last desktop installment in this series of assassination games was 2012's Hitman: Absolution, and last year saw the release of Hitman Go for mobile devices. Almost exactly one year ago IO Interactive offered details on plans for a sixth installment in the PC series, but this is the first we've heard about it since then. Thanks GameWatcher.
View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 18:50 NamecaF

The writing in general (story, characters and dialogue) in the Hitman series has always been pretty bad, but Absolution took it to a whole new level. And the linear level design was really annoying and out of character. I really hope they go back to the style of Blood Money for the next one.  

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 14:55 GL1zdA

Killswitch wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 13:38:
Was anyone else throughly disgusted by the "bad guy's" behavior in the last Hitman? I thought it was a bit over-the-top; although, I did finish the game. Stealth seemed really difficult so I killed just about everyone on every level. =)
I've beaten the previous games on higher difficulties, wanted to do the same in the last one - impossible. Unless you picked up and thrown things, so that the guards went to check what made the noise. And these insane missions based on random luck (like the one at the subway station). I didn't finish it after several missions where I've killed everyone.

7. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 13:38 .o0o.

Was anyone else throughly disgusted by the "bad guy's" behavior in the last Hitman? I thought it was a bit over-the-top; although, I did finish the game. Stealth seemed really difficult so I killed just about everyone on every level. =)  

6. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 13:00 Creston

More like Contacts and Blood Money pls.  

5. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 12:39 SpectralMeat

Xero wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 12:33:
It seems to be confusing because it wants you to try various ways to take out the target, but knowing I can just go guns blazing makes it a predicament or what to do.
Yes you can but it is so much more rewarding (literally you get more points for completing the levels) if you are playing stealthy as a hitman.
Of course if the level frustrates you, you can just mow down everyone to move on.
I personally enjoyed the choice. You make the game as tough as you want for yourself instead of the game designers set the difficulty for you.

I did also enjoy Absolution and I am looking forward to the next Hitman game.

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 12:33 Xero

Funny this article just popped out because I reinstalled Absolution a couple days ago. Trying to get into it. Really trying, it's just hard, lol.
It seems to be confusing because it wants you to try various ways to take out the target, but knowing I can just go guns blazing makes it a predicament or what to do.

Seems I do OK for a little while, then someone catches me and I feel like, OK, guns blazing will do just fine. At that point I feel like I'm playing a little bit of Max Payne mixed with Splinter Cell and things just don't feel right.

Graphically it looks great, the Glacier 2 engine is phenomenal but the gameplay lacks something.

I too was a huge fan of the 1st and 2nd Hitman games.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

3. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 11:18 Parallax Abstraction

I seem to be one of the few people who thought Hitman Absolution was really good. Not perfect to be sure but I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to a next-gen Hitman game.  

Parallax Abstraction
Podcast | YouTube | Mixer

2. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 10:37 siapnar

If they model this new one after Hitman 2 and Blood Money I'm all ears, but the last game was pretty disappointing  

1. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 10:05 Cutter

More Hitman Derpsolution? No thanks.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >