Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback

The Frontier Development forum has the follow-up on their plan to decide how to deal with the billions of spacebux that some Elite: Dangerous players received as a result of glitches in the game (thanks Massively). Word is they are rolling back accidental windfalls, and will be dealing with each case individually, though those who exploited the situation may not receive such gentle treatment:
The “Billionaires”

Firstly, I just want to clarify who I mean by the “Billionaires”. These are the very few commanders who received large amounts of credits due to a bug in our credit refund process following our brief database hiccup. These credits were not given by a bug in our server – more in the tools and processes we use to rectify commanders and their saves if something goes awry. This was of course fixed, should we need to use the tools again.

Secondly... we hear you! After initially deciding we would offer the choice to these affected commanders about whether to keep their credits or reset themselves to their pre-credit-refund state; commanders in the community questioned whether this would affect the integrity of the game and the wider galaxy. In light of this (and after much deliberation) we have decided to remove all credits, assets and gains from these commanders to balance the playing field. We shall be contacting the affected commanders directly to reflect this change in our decision. Which leads us nicely into...

The “Exploiters”

We are aware of the few exploits which existed for commanders to get credit advantages over other players. We have since patched these exploits to avoid further abuse. Over the next few days we shall be removing all credits and assets gained from these exploits. We have also updated our code of conduct to be completely clear on our stance on cheating, abusing exploits and hacking. This can be read here: https://store.elitedangerous.com/code-of-conduct.
View : : :

Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
Jan 9, 2015, 13:36
Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 13:36
Jan 9, 2015, 13:36

Money in this game is so hard to make. Five billion free credits is ridiculous. I think it would have broken the game for me, since it effectively removes the carrot from the stick.
Date
Subject
Author
Jan 9, 2015Jan 9 2015
Jan 9, 2015Jan 9 2015
Jan 10, 2015Jan 10 2015
Jan 9, 2015Jan 9 2015
Jan 9, 2015Jan 9 2015
Jan 9, 2015Jan 9 2015
   Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
Jan 9, 2015Jan 9 2015
Jan 10, 2015Jan 10 2015