Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Mafia III News Soon?

A tweet from Rick Pasqualone has a hint that news may be coming soon about the Mafia franchise, possibly word about plans for Mafia III. Pasqualone is the actor who voiced Vito Scaletta and Giuseppe in Mafia II, and when asked about his Christmas he replied, "very nice. Thanks. Might have some Mafia news very soon!" A more recent tweet says simply "make mafia 3," and to that he replied, "might have exciting news very soon." A third installment in the organized crime series has not been announced, though it has been rumored to be in development. About a year ago 2K Games confirmed a restructuring at 2K Czech, rumored to be the Mafia 3 developer. Thanks All Games Beta.
View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jun 30, 2015, 12:58 netnerd85

Awesome and make Hidden & Dangerous 3  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 12:09 JayDeath

I'm all for it. Mafia 2 was highly underrated.  

Steam: BenRichards

16. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 11:34 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 08:57:
I feel differently. Joe was a fuckup who got whacked because he was a threat to the organization's stability and opsec. I was glad Joe was killed.

You heartless... gangster! Shakefist

15. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 08:57  Burrito of Peace 

Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 01:17:
SirKnight wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 00:16:
I loved Mafia 2. I replayed it over and over so many times I lost count. I just really like the story, characters and environment - especially the 50s part. I was fine with it not being open like GTA.

I also hope they continue the story in 3 where 2 left off. I hope Vito's friend Joe didn't get whacked after all.

That really irritated me. I FULLY expected a DLC to take care of what happened to Joe. They really left players hanging with that, especially since Joe was one of those rare characters you actually gave a shit about.

I feel differently. Joe was a fuckup who got whacked because he was a threat to the organization's stability and opsec. I was glad Joe was killed.

I have loved both Mafia games (including the race level in the first one) and hope to see a third soon. I'd like to see it set in the 60s and 70s.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

14. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 01:17 Creston

SirKnight wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 00:16:
I loved Mafia 2. I replayed it over and over so many times I lost count. I just really like the story, characters and environment - especially the 50s part. I was fine with it not being open like GTA.

I also hope they continue the story in 3 where 2 left off. I hope Vito's friend Joe didn't get whacked after all.

That really irritated me. I FULLY expected a DLC to take care of what happened to Joe. They really left players hanging with that, especially since Joe was one of those rare characters you actually gave a shit about.

13. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 00:53 siapnar

I also had no problem with Mafia 2's linearity and streamlined experience compared to GTA. I don't think the two series can be compared too much, they're very different games.

Mafia 2 was stunning to look at, and for me was one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've ever had.
The gunplay was great in my eyes, and the story was at least above average (minus the prison chapter which was awful)

I'm pretty damn excited for a number 3, especially since 2K will be upping the ante graphically, and they develop fully with PC in mind.
I saw some rumours of a collaboration with Rockstar as well. Maybe no truth to it, but rumours start somewhere

12. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 00:46 Aero

They've certainly demonstrated that are a creative bunch and that they have both the technical and artistic chops to pull of something interesting. At least for me though, just more of the same would make it a $20 ($30 if it's very well done) purchase. I've replayed the first two fairly recently, and honestly, though good, I don't really think they hold up so well anymore (technical limitations aside). What struck me most about particularly the first Mafia game was how it was so tastefully presented and the the script was, by video game standards of the time, incredibly well developed. Good artistic directors and good writers are much more common in the games industry today than they were then.

Certainly, on second thought, I wouldn't really want them to try to make the series into something that it isn't. A run-of-the-mill third person shooter, no matter how good the plot is, just doesn't really cut it. So, they can't stick to the same formula, but I wouldn't want them to go way off base either (like, as I mentioned, turning it into a more advanced, urban variant of Far Cry 3/4 might be too far).

I guess I just don't know what I want. I do, however, have faith that they will have better ideas than me, and could very well surprise everybody with something amazing.

11. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 00:16 SirKnight

10. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 23:41 Creston

Things I remember about Mafia II

- Pretty good story. (a bit cliche, but it's a gangster story, so eh.)
- Mediocre gunplay.
- Fucking Quicktime Event fistfights.
- Fantastic music (once the 50s kick in.)
- Gorgeous graphics. Gorgeous city. Gorgeous cars. Decent handling. Fantastic open world area.
- And literally nothing to do in it.

Fix the QTE shit (by dropping it), and put stuff to do in the city, and it'd be a game for the ages.

9. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 23:18 Xero

I don't think Mafia's competition is GTA5 just because it's in a sandbox world. There are plenty of sandbox games but they don't have to compete with each other unless they try.

Mafia was in a different time setting completely which to me, immediately removes GTA comparisons just as The Saboteur when it came out.

Mafia 1 was an awesome game(minus the race part), and the story was movie like. Mafia 2 I never beat but played a bit into and thought it had a lot of great moments as well. I just might have to reinstall it soon.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

8. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 23:10  Sepharo 

To be honest I'd be okay with something like Mafia 2 again. I don't need it to be at GTA's level, just a good story, setting, and characters like the last two and I'll be happy.  

7. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 20:56  theyarecomingforyou 

For what it's worth I loved Mafia II. It wasn't an open-world game like GTA4 but rather a very directed experience and I much preferred it. It also helped that the PC release was excellent, unlike the abomination that was GTA4. The graphics were superb for the time.

I'm very much looking forward to Mafia III.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

6. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 20:50 NewMaxx

Aero wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 20:40:
Perhaps it could go with a basic strategic element (sort of Shadows of Mordor Style)

Lot of strategic mafia games out there to copy from, the most recent one having such elements is The Godfather. Never played it myself but watched people play it. There are of course several classic games that might be relevant, and even Omerta has things that could be borrowed.

5. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 20:40 Aero

Though I have nothing but fond memories of the Mafia games, they are going to have to really step it up a couple notches for another sequel. Just a big map that *looks* like a city with a small handful of more detailed interactive areas won't really cut it. And has already been mentioned, driving a car around an open world city is extremely old hat these days.

Even though the Mafia series always did well with the plot, script and characters, when it comes down to it, their competition is GTA5. Just taking the more grown-up, serious route won't cut it by itself. They're going to have to *really* step it up. It's going to need more than just that. Saints Row couldn't really compete with GTA5's production values and scale, but it (largely) made up for it by being silly and over the top. Sleeping Dogs made it work by having a fun kung fu fighting system.

Perhaps it could go with a basic strategic element (sort of Shadows of Mordor Style), and throw in a bit of LA Noire's verbal character interaction gameplay so there are some plot choices--give the player other ways to interact with the world than just shooting things.

Despite my misgivings, it's still good news though and I hope it's set in the 70's (which, I'm willing to bet it will be).

4. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 20:32 Acleacius

I'd surprised if they actually sell any mafia II games at retail. It's not like 2k to sell a 5 year old game, ridiculously for $40 US.  

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

3. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 20:20 Cutter

Loved Marfia Un et Deux, so yeah I'm in. Sucks Joe won't be in it.

"Listen, Iím not the nicest guy in the Universe because Iím the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets." - Rick Sanchez

2. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 20:11 Elf Shot The Food

Mafia II had about two hours of gameplay and about 10 hours of driving slowly.  

1. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 18:56 Redmask

Yeah well, if they're going to make Mafia 3 then I would appreciate them not charging me $60 then wanting a pile of extra money to do anything other than story missions like they pulled with Mafia 2.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >