Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins

Steam News announces the release of Dirty Bomb, the free-to-play tactical shooter from Splash Damage, though clicking through reveals they are omitting the essential detail that the game is still a closed beta. Those interested should sign up on the Dirty Bomb website, and a Steam Transition FAQ answers questions about the process for both new players and those already in the beta. This game was announced with the title Dirty Bomb before it was renamed Extraction before it reverted back to the Dirty Bomb title. They are calling this "the ultimate team-based free-to-play shooter," and here's part of their justification: "London is a post-apocalyptic wasteland with no law and no order, it's time to call in the mercenaries. Suit up and go toe-to-toe with other soldiers of fortune as you battle it out for riches and bragging rights." Here's more on the game:

Drop into the aftermath of a radiological attack in London as part of an elite team of mercenaries. Dirty Bomb is the ultimate team-based free-to-play shooter.

LONDON FALLING

In the near future London stands abandoned, a dilapidated shell of its former self. After a mysterious disaster, the International Crisis and Disaster Agency stepped in to clean up the mess and decontaminate the city. They failed… badly.

Now the streets of London are the playground of Private Military Companies (PMCs) who battle to control what remains of the city’s riches. After all, what’s a little radiation sickness when there’s money to be made?

Say goodbye to London, say hello to the Merc Capital of the World.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 7, 2015, 09:28 harlock

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 08:59:
Looks like a pretty generic shootmans game, they need some sort of feature to stand out in a crowd but I'm not seeing one.

so, so fucking generic

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 7, 2015, 08:59 Verno

Looks like a pretty generic shootmans game, they need some sort of feature to stand out in a crowd but I'm not seeing one.  
Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

12. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 7, 2015, 08:48 nin

InBlack wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 04:23:
Task wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 17:57:
When I first heard about this, I thought well maybe they'll do better this time. And then I saw that it was free-to-play and they lost me.

AFAIK Brink was not F2P. It still ended up sucking balls. At least this way, anyone can try it and see for themselves.

DB is listed as F2P...

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

11. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 7, 2015, 04:23 InBlack

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 17:57:
When I first heard about this, I thought well maybe they'll do better this time. And then I saw that it was free-to-play and they lost me.

AFAIK Brink was not F2P. It still ended up sucking balls. At least this way, anyone can try it and see for themselves.

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 23:32 Deepjay

Brink wasnt terrible, but it got old bloody fast, didnt perform particularly well, and really came down to battles over constant chokepoints - aka spam.

I really liked the idea of introducing stories into the levels and the way they opened up. I wish more companies would explore this - well anyone but Splash Damage who IMO have very few clues when it comes to making a decent game.

9. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 22:35 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 21:19:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 20:12:
Strange that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars isn't on Steam.

Wow, you're right. Looked in my library (figured I owned it) and the store both...that is odd.

Game was removed from store in 2011 when rights reverted, Splash Damage made this game under license from ID, and when ID was pwned by Zenimax/Bethesda this is the some of the stuff that they did behind the scenes. With nobody ever noticing it, for some reason it wasn't even on blues.

8. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 21:19 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 20:12:
Strange that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars isn't on Steam.

Wow, you're right. Looked in my library (figured I owned it) and the store both...that is odd.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

7. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 20:12 jdreyer

Strange that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars isn't on Steam. This game reminded me that I should play that since I refuse to buy BF4, or any other multiplayer games that don't allow offline play. I only see boxed copies for sale on Amazon. Anyone know where I can get a download from?  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

6. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 20:10 Fantaz

it's free, and it's an FPS, so i'll check it out...  

5. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 19:25 PHJF

The web site has no video?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 18:47 Paketep

Brink was a bunch of broken promises, and that wasn't P2W.

I have ZERO hopes in this. The company that did Enemy Territory died long ago.

3. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 18:17 jdreyer

I liked both of the Enemy Territory games, but I played Brink for the free weekend, and it was awful. What a shame this new one is F2P.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

2. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 17:57 Task

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

1. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 17:52 Cutter

Ultimate? Just like Brink? Fuckers have no shame.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo