Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Into the Stars Kickstarter

A new Kickstarter is underway for Into the Stars, a single-player space exploration and combat games planned for Windows and OS X by Fugitive Games, a developer that includes a couple of former DICE project leads. A Kickstarter trailer and an announce trailer offer looks at the game and its spiffy Unreal Engine 4 graphics. Word is: "Two former DICE leads, an established art director and a veteran designer from the Battlefield, Lost Planet and Shadows of the Damned games have combined to form Fugitive Games. Their first title, Into the Stars, is an open-world space survival simulation for PC and Mac built in Unreal Engine 4. Into the Stars features an original score from Jack Wall, the legendary composer behind the music of Mass Effect, Call of Duty and Lost Planet." Here's more:
Take the role of Captain as you explore a massive solar system in search of a new home for humanity. Outfit your ship, hand pick your crew, and set off on a journey where you must scavenge resources, shelter civilians, and outrun a hostile alien force in order to survive.

Your ship, the Ark 13, is the last to leave our besieged planet, and you are at the helm. But before you set out, some decisions must be made: Which modules will you choose to take with you, and who will manufacture them? What resources will fill your limited cargo holds, and which crew members will you take under your wing?

Once in flight, your responsibilities as captain will push your limits: Monitor the condition of your crew, civilians and modules, ensure a steady flow of resources, and navigate celestial bodies Ė all while evading a pursuing enemy.
View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 23:55 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 23:34:
into the stars; one solar system

kk

399 billion to go before it's online only.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 23:34 Slick

into the stars; one solar system

kk

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

8. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 19:36 Deepjay

Looks good - but christ, a spelling mistake in your hype trailer? Come on...

Scavange

7. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 17:39 Iurand

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 15:46:
85K for a game that looks like that? I'm going to go ahead and say that that's roughly a few zeroes short at the end.

Are you trying to tell us, Star Citizen is underfunded? BRB, buying more ships.

6. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 15:46 Creston

85K for a game that looks like that? I'm going to go ahead and say that that's roughly a few zeroes short at the end.

Also, I'm going to guess that roughly half of that 85K would go directly to Jack Wall.

Finally, two ex-DICE guys, so yeah, this'll run great straight out of the gate.

(edit: I'd gladly pay 35 bucks if they guaranteed I'd get that soundtrack by Jack Wall. His music is fucking phenomenal. They could deliver the game or not, I wouldn't care. I just want the soundtrack.)

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2015, 16:10.

5. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 14:51 Bundy

That's the impression I got reading it too. $85,000 is about exactly what you need to hire one professional for a full year. Not nearly enough for a team of people. Kinda sounds like the "team" is doing this in their spare time while still working day jobs and this money is to hire the veteran composer to work on contract.  

4. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 14:49 DangerDog

I got as far as "oregon trail in space" and lost interest.

second look, it might be decent. I upvoted it on greenlight, looks like the kickstarter is just something they're doing to get some extra funding but the game looks well on its way to being made.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2015, 15:09.

3. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 14:29 Cutter

A) Their resumes alone should make anyone avoid this like the plague.

B) This is solely about hiring one guy to do the music score for the game. What a complete and utter waste of time and money.

So yeah, that's a definite pass.

"Listen, Iím not the nicest guy in the Universe because Iím the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets." - Rick Sanchez

2. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 13:41  Verno 

Looks alright but current funding levels are not encouraging for their success. Some of the concepts seem straight out of FTL but hey that game was great so no prob.  

Playing: Hades, Bloodborne, Total War: Warhammer 2,
Watching: Captain Blood, VFW, Mississippi Grind

1. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 12:52  jdreyer 

Nice graphics and interesting concept. I'll be watching this one.  

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >