Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam

The Aliens vs. Predator Steam forum offers a confused post which notes the game associated with the forum is no longer being sold on Steam, though it remains playable for those who have already purchased it. There is an extensive discussion of this and the concerns it raises on reddit. There's also a related post on Polygon noting that a Aliens: Colonial Marines is similarly no longer for sale on Steam, with this forum post raising questions about what's going on which have so far gone unanswered. They also note that for those still interested, Steam codes for Aliens: Colonial Marines can still be found on Amazon along with the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 3, 2015, 09:28 swaaye

ACM has had major patches that add a lot of graphics pretties that make it look like those early videos anyway.

There is some serious groupthink hatred out there for the game. The usual intarwebz deal. It's not a terrible game. I enjoyed it a bit but it's certainly nothing fresh and new, nor does it have high production values.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 2, 2015, 16:15 Wesp5

DangerDog wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 15:49:
It was mainly a let down because of the fake e3 gameplay video, if that had never been shown then it just would have been another blip on the radar of poorly made games based on movies.

I don't understand why people cared so much about that. They showed some cool "in-game" scenes in the Bioshock Infinitive videos that didn't even made it into the game, but this seems to bother nobody!

27. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 2, 2015, 16:13 Wesp5

nin wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 11:49:
Hopefully Sega realizes why Isolation was so well received, and continues that route...

Well received, maybe, but a financial success? I think it went to much into the currently overhyped survival direction. A middle ground between it and the pure-shooter ACM would be an ideal Aliens game for me...

26. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 2, 2015, 12:52 El Pit

Interesting things going on with the Alien(s) franchise. Neill Blomkamp has been working on an Alien movie that has been scrapped.

http://www.slashfilm.com/neill-blomkamp-alien/

Alien reboot coming? I would rather love to see the xenos tearing the Pocahontas smurfs in the next Avatar movies apart!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

25. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 2, 2015, 05:36 TangledThorns

Oh I see its all a licensing issue. Hope it never affects my ALIEN: Isolation, that game was my favorite of 2014. Yes, I enjoyed it more than other great games like South Park and Shadow of Mordor.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2015, 05:50.

24. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 2, 2015, 00:14 TangledThorns

JayDeath wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 11:41:
I never understood all the hate for AvP 2010. I had a lot of fun with the campaigns and it's still is one of the prettiest games out there.

AVP2010 would of been a great game if released before 2004. While pretty it's short and linear campaigns and the lack of a crouch button really set it back when compared to the competition.

23. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 2, 2015, 00:12 TangledThorns

Pre-ordering A:CM swore me of from pre-ordering ever again which is a shame as I missed out on some pre-order deals for games that turned out really good.  

22. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 21:16 SlimRam

I bought Aliens: Colonial Marines and the most joy I had with that software was uninstalling it.  

21. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 21:05 PHJF

I was so glad when Steam added the ability to hide games from my library. AvP, even at the $5 or so I paid, was a colossal waste of money. Total abortion of a game.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

20. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 20:07 Ozmodan

A lot of consternation for a very mediocre game. Glad it is off steam if you ask me.  

19. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 20:03 Mad Max RW

It's interesting how both of these games are terrible yet one was developed in 1-2 years (AvP3) while the other was developed over the course of 8 years. Rebellion was forced by Sega to retool the entire game in 9 months while Gearbox had free reign to do whatever they wanted and ended up spending more time and money on Borderlands instead of what they were hired to do, ACM. Two garbage games with very different histories as to why they suck so much.  

18. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 19:12 nin

InBlack wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 18:22:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 15:50:
I never understood all the hate for AvP 2010. I had a lot of fun with the campaigns and it's still is one of the prettiest games out there.
Easy, people wanted AvP2, which was great. They got AvP...something...where the aliens felt like they were running through cheese. Unlike the nimble, quick, and overpowering bugs they were in the first two games.

This. 1000 this.

They lost me as soon as the predator only had certain points he could jump to/from.

17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 18:45 Retired

Techie714 wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 17:55:
test

pong

16. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 18:22 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 15:50:
Easy, people wanted AvP2, which was great. They got AvP...something...where the aliens felt like they were running through cheese. Unlike the nimble, quick, and overpowering bugs they were in the first two games.

This. 1000 this.

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 17:55 Techie714

test  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14. No subject Jan 1, 2015, 15:50 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 15:49 DangerDog

It was mainly a let down because of the fake e3 gameplay video, if that had never been shown then it just would have been another blip on the radar of poorly made games based on movies.

I can think of many games that are more deserving of being drug through the mud though.

12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 14:53 Wildone

Kept getting stuck on some powerloader fight, insta killed every time so I quite after about 30 trys  

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 14:38 Fantaz

Jivaro wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 12:37:
Every year something likes this happens with some game. Wouldn't surprise me to see both games back on Steam fairly shortly.

yepp...

10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 14:15 nin

Kajetan wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 14:12:
TheEmissary wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 13:44:
I a have feeling it was a case of the game not selling at all on the service.
Where is the harm in keeping it available on Steam?

Not to mention that even w/o selling it, steam still has to host the install files for people that already own the game.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo