Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2015, 07:08 Slick

Killswitch wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 00:40:
If they are smart enough to split the atom, does it matter how large their waistline is?

yeah it does cause, uhhh, army, and uhh, army of one, and, well, these colors don't run, and well... there's no place in our military for non-meat heads, HUUAHHHH!!!!

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2015, 02:00 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 21:13:
Maybe you’re not the Ranger who can do 100 pushups, 100 sit-ups and run the 2-mile inside of 10 minutes

Why would a data-jockey be required to have such an extreme level of fitness? That makes literally no sense, so it would not surprising if that is the Army's current take on it, apparently.

That's only for Rangers (special forces). Regular army are less stringent, but still require you to work at it:

U.S. Army male soldiers between the ages of 17-21 are currently expected to do a minimum of 35 pushups, 47 situps, and run two miles in 16:36 to pass their Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT).

An 8m mile is a quick jog. A 5m mile is pretty much a balls out run.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2015, 00:40 .o0o.

If they are smart enough to split the atom, does it matter how large their waistline is?  

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2015, 00:04 Prez

Drop and give me a pushup soldier! And you had better crank it out unless than 10 minutes or I will make you run a 20 yard lap to boot maggot!!!

Pretty much the only physical readiness training regimens that tax the body of the the average somewhat healthy person at all are those of the Special Forces services like Seals and Berets and the Marines.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 23:01 Shineyguy

To be honest, while I was in the Army the physical fitness requirements were a joke then, and they're largely the same as what has been reported here.

But that's my take on things being an infantryman.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 21:52 Klaus Flouride

The report is a joke. I see so many out weight soldiers it sickens me. I work with them daily and it isn't just office POG's and data jockey's.  

When all else fails empty the magazine...

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 21:13 Creston

Maybe you’re not the Ranger who can do 100 pushups, 100 sit-ups and run the 2-mile inside of 10 minutes

Why would a data-jockey be required to have such an extreme level of fitness? That makes literally no sense, so it would not surprising if that is the Army's current take on it, apparently.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 21:13 Retired

Julio wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 13:31:
Axis wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 11:40:
But 70% of the population being ineligible to serve?

If it were true, I would expect some of the remaining 30% to be forced into the military at some point if they keep standards the same. I guess those who don't want to be in the military just need to hit up the local McDonalds.
/edit. ugh. new year, bad engrish...

I have family in the military that trains incoming folks - the stuff they tell me is scary - and I am not talking about the physical stuff. If you want to be in the military (not all branches are equal) they will find a way to keep you.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2015, 21:18.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 18:39 jdreyer

I would think it would be pretty easy to maintain dietary and fitness regimens in the military.

Now that's some serious fitness. At my best in high school I could break a 5 minute mile (800 was my race: 2 minutes flat). I could never do 2 miles at that pace.

U.S. Army male soldiers between the ages of 17-21 are currently expected to do a minimum of 35 pushups, 47 situps, and run two miles in 16:36 to pass their Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT).

The vast majority of males 17-21 should be able to achieve that with proper diet and training once they enter service. Exercise has all sorts of benefits, like boosting the immune system, that would make for better soldiers, even cyber soldiers.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 16:33 Cutter

Operation Fat Bastard is a go!

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 15:17 Wallshadows

I'm kind of hungry now.  

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 13:42 Burrito of Peace

El Pit wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 12:52:
Burrito Division...

Burrito Division reporting in! Division Command reports that Burritos do not like nachos and have since upgraded to motion control, obviating the need for Xbox controllers.

DC also advises that those poser copycats in the Chair Farce, the Chimichanga Division, are the lazy fat slobs still using handheld controllers.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 13:31 Julio

Axis wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 11:40:
But 70% of the population being ineligible to serve?

If it were true, I would expect some of the remaining 30% to be forced into the military at some point if they keep standards the same. I guess those who don't want to be in the military just need to hit up the local McDonalds.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 12:52 El Pit

Burrito Division, at ease! Clean up that xbox controller, Private! Your nacho sauce is all over the place. Do you think you can drop your drone bombs on the evil people with that sticky controller?!  

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 12:23 z0dd

100% agree with Axis. Shape up, or ship out, literally!  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 1, 2015, 11:40 Axis

Relaxing fitness standards for the military lazyasses... how ridiculous. But 70% of the population being ineligible to serve? That's a load of shit.

I was a tech controller (oldschool "cyber" -- crypto, wan, multiplexers, crypto, circuits, etc) and maintained just fine. Everyone can and will or they are on the fat boy program or kicked out of the military.

Keep the "soft" out of the military, it's not for those people. Unfit people wanna work for them, contracting will make them way more money and they can be a gigantic as they like.

I have no problems with being heavy, I think the "war on fat" is stupid as fuck. However when we are talking military, that's a whole different level of expectations.

Yours truly,

Axis

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >