Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Jan 2, 2015, 03:05 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 02:51:
Everyone was trying to predict what "Titan" was from Blizzard's 10K filing. On March 4, 2010 I predicted the following on BluesNews...

You're thinking too small. Look at the larger picture. What multiplayer genre is hot right now? First-person shooters. It also happens to be an untapped genre within the MMO sphere. I’m not discrediting Planetside, Global Agenda, and trivial Asian titles but I am saying there’s no one game pulling people like WOW does. Blizzard has never made a FPS title. I think they're ready to branch out into new ground both literally and figuratively. I believe Blizzard's Nextgen MMO will be a FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER.

Mark today's date! You heard it from me first. Just wait...

Over 4 years later Blizzard releases a trailer for Overwatch; a multiplayer FPS. While Overwatch is not an MMO as I had predicted this article clearly shows that Blizzard's cancelled MMO Titan eventually became Overwatch.

This is the second time I've predicted correctly Blizzard releases. The first was Wrath of the Lich King a few days after TBC was released. Although I believe at the time I called it World of Warcraft: Northrend.

To all the naysayers who didn't believe me when I predicted Titan as a FPS MMO and Wrath of the Lich King: you can go suck it. That's 2 correct Blizzard predictions.

Haha badass man. Haven't seen you in a long time either, Welcome back.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2015, 02:55 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 02:03:
If you haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow, you should. Doug Liman hit it out of the park.

If you haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow... you should! Doug Liman hit it. . . . out of the park.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

13. Blizzard's Overwatch Jan 2, 2015, 02:51 Kxmode

Everyone was trying to predict what "Titan" was from Blizzard's 10K filing. On March 4, 2010 I predicted the following on BluesNews...

You're thinking too small. Look at the larger picture. What multiplayer genre is hot right now? First-person shooters. It also happens to be an untapped genre within the MMO sphere. I’m not discrediting Planetside, Global Agenda, and trivial Asian titles but I am saying there’s no one game pulling people like WOW does. Blizzard has never made a FPS title. I think they're ready to branch out into new ground both literally and figuratively. I believe Blizzard's Nextgen MMO will be a FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER.

Mark today's date! You heard it from me first. Just wait...

Over 4 years later Blizzard releases a trailer for Overwatch; a multiplayer FPS. While Overwatch is not an MMO as I had predicted this article clearly shows that Blizzard's cancelled MMO Titan eventually became Overwatch.

This is the second time I've predicted correctly Blizzard releases. The first was Wrath of the Lich King a few days after TBC was released. Although I believe at the time I called it World of Warcraft: Northrend.

To all the naysayers who didn't believe me when I predicted Titan as a FPS MMO and Wrath of the Lich King: you can go suck it. That's 2 correct Blizzard predictions.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2015, 02:03 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 19:10:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 18:50:
‘Star Wars,’ ‘Avengers,’ ‘Mad Max: Fury Road': 15 must-see movies of 2015

Taking a wait-and-see on most of these. Even Star Wars and Jupiter Ascending (which will quickly be dubbed Jupiter Descending if it tanks).

Tomorrowland is probably the most interesting one to me. I loved everything Brad Bird has done, and if anyone can force Damon Lindlof to cross is i's and dot his t's, it would be him.

better lineup than last year (haha i just wrote 'this year' before backspacing). i'll probably see all of those cuz even a middling wachowski brothers film is better than the talentless schlock we had in 2014.

If you haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow, you should. Doug Liman hit it out of the park.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 21:39 nin

1badmf wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 21:24:
nin wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 19:17:
better lineup than last year (haha i just wrote 'this year' before backspacing). i'll probably see all of those cuz even a middling wachowski brothers film is better than the talentless schlock we had in 2014.

I liked Cloud Atlas. They're a bit hit or miss, true. Their latest doesn't really look that great, but I'm totally psyched about this years movies (in general).

Can't wait for Star Wars mania this fall, too...doesn't happen that often (though it may, once Disney gets it's way) so it's always fun to watch people collectively lose their minds (legal disclaimer: I suspect I'll be one of them).

didn't know you were a fellow star wars devotee. have you seen star wars rebels? really, really good. way better than that clone wars nonsense so far.

Oh god, I grew up on that shit. My father bought me an AT-AT, in exchange for not scratching my chicken pox, many decades ago.

I'm waiting for Rebels on disc, since I don't have cable, but I'm excited about it. I enjoyed Clone Wars, for the most part, as well.

I'm come to the conclusion that how emotionally invested one is in an IP directly determines how accepting of change we are. And I used to be heavily invested in SW, only to fall out of it with the prequels and George's meddling (IE many CGI changes) with the original trilogy. And I'm to the point now where I accept that Star Wars has to change in order to grow and be successful. I understand that I may not like every new thing that comes out, but that in order for Star Wars to survive, it has to change and evolve with the times.

Getting the harmy cuts from a torrent really helped with this. I can have my Star Wars exactly as I remember it (and actually looking better) while the younger generation can have their Jar Jar.

In short, it really is true about "if you love something, you have to set it free".

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 21:24 1badmf

nin wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 19:17:

I liked Cloud Atlas. They're a bit hit or miss, true. Their latest doesn't really look that great, but I'm totally psyched about this years movies (in general).

Can't wait for Star Wars mania this fall, too...doesn't happen that often (though it may, once Disney gets it's way) so it's always fun to watch people collectively lose their minds (legal disclaimer: I suspect I'll be one of them).

didn't know you were a fellow star wars devotee. have you seen star wars rebels? really, really good. way better than that clone wars nonsense so far.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 19:18 Cutter

Anyone watching the Bowls? Damn, missed the Cotton Bowl and heard it was a helluva game.

Go Ducks!

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 19:17 nin

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 19:10 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 18:50:

Taking a wait-and-see on most of these. Even Star Wars and Jupiter Ascending (which will quickly be dubbed Jupiter Descending if it tanks).

Tomorrowland is probably the most interesting one to me. I loved everything Brad Bird has done, and if anyone can force Damon Lindlof to cross is i's and dot his t's, it would be him.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 18:50 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 18:46 jdreyer

Happy Blue Year!  

4. Needs moar Yakety Sax. Jan 1, 2015, 14:26 Atomic

Here ya go, Blue.

http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=vupgBykQnko

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 14:10 Quboid

Happy New Year everyone!  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 12:54 El Pit

Happy new year to Blue, the BLue family, the Blue dog, and all Blue's News regulars!  

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 12:13 Retired

Wife and I got to sleep in - first time in.......17 months or so - but I got up in time to get my cards sold from the Valve Holiday dealie. I have been watching it for a while - and I am convinced that Valve is going to open a World Bank.

CAUSE THEY BE PRINTING MONEY!@@@@

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >