Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

We have once again arrived at the crest of a new year, with new year's eve celebrations to be found everywhere this evening. Well not everywhere, as it's 2015 already in some regions far to the east of here, and as always, we ask those of you who are already living in the future to not reveal anything to the rest of us that could disrupt delicate timelines. The other thought we won't be expressing for the first time is the sincere hope that everyone be careful when they are out celebrating, as the free flow of alcohol often leads to dangerous lapses in judgment, so please watch out for nuts, and please don't drink and drive.

Happy new year!

Eve of Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Mustache Time.
Stick Squad 2.
Links: Play-Doh Frantically Deleting Toy Dick Pics From Its Facebook Page.
Kids Movies Sport A Lot Of Murder.
Sam Raimi: The Problems With Spider-Man 3 Were "My Mistake."
Story: CIA takes blame for more than half of UFO sightings in late 1950s and 60s. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Rational and Irrational Thought: The Thinking that IQ Tests Miss. Thanks Digg.
New study explains how and why lung cancer spreads.
Media: All the Dumb Ways You Can Die In DayZ.
Uncorking Champagne With A .50 Cal.
North Carolina's Marshmallow Crops Are In Trouble. Lucky Charms panic to follow. Thanks nin.
Crowd Loses Its Mind As Guy Throws 17 Perfect Darts In A Row.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 10:24 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:38:
nin wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:32:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:28:
I'm planning on drinking some beer. At home. Cheers Drinkers Drunk2

Same here, getting blitzed...at home. Can't decide if I want to crank up Heavy Metal, 1941, or Snowpiercer. Not seen the first two in years, and SP since the theater.

All great films, but I'd go with Snowpiercer. Man, that movie was batshit insane. I was really skeptical going in, but it was so good.

Agreed. Snowpiercer was really cool. (No pun intended )

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 20:09 Killer Kane

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/cobalt1375/goat.jpg

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 19:36 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:41:
nin wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:37:
Bambi says "Hi!"

Charlotte's Web isn't murder, it's imparting the life lesson of "everyone dies, and your time will happen" which is a great thing to throw at small children.

Oh, yeah, Bambi. Damn, that's going way back.

As for dying, my son was three when he realized he was going to die. He cried literally for days off and on. I have no idea where it came from.

Yeah, our bunny died this year and my 4 year old daughter was freaking. She still starts crying randomly 6 months later and calling his name.

Oh no! The Iredell County marshmallows are bad? That's the county just North of us, probably where all of Charlotte gets their marshmallows from.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2014, 19:46.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 19:33 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 09:27:
Hope 2015 is better for everyone. 2014 kinda sucked.

Aside from some cool games and me finally getting back to NC, yeah. Suckage. 2015 has to be better.

Well, and Guardians and the final Hobbit.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 18:52 Mr. Tact

I'll settle for one with less stress than 2014 had, which for me was fairly high.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 17:50 eRe4s3r

New year.. happy? we'll see  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 16:42 ColoradoHoudini

Be safe everyone!

Keep an eye out on the news tonight, expect a lot of protesters out in NY to cause some news-worthy issues. Hopefully nothing bad happens!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 16:04 Creston

Happy New Year, fellas (and gals, if there still are any.)  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 15:26 Beamer

Julio wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 15:13:
So if what the CIA says is true, half of the UFO sightings aren't due to them. So what about the cause for the rest of them...

The same things that lead to Bigfoot and Loch Ness sitings.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 15:13 Julio

So if what the CIA says is true, half of the UFO sightings aren't due to them. So what about the cause for the rest of them...  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 14:39 AirWreck

I'm due for a Moon and Oldboy (Korean version) re-watch.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 13:41 jdreyer

nin wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:37:
Bambi says "Hi!"

Charlotte's Web isn't murder, it's imparting the life lesson of "everyone dies, and your time will happen" which is a great thing to throw at small children.

Oh, yeah, Bambi. Damn, that's going way back.

As for dying, my son was three when he realized he was going to die. He cried literally for days off and on. I have no idea where it came from.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 13:38 jdreyer

nin wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:32:

Same here, getting blitzed...at home. Can't decide if I want to crank up Heavy Metal, 1941, or Snowpiercer. Not seen the first two in years, and SP since the theater.

All great films, but I'd go with Snowpiercer. Man, that movie was batshit insane. I was really skeptical going in, but it was so good.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 13:37 nin

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:36:
That title and that article conflate murder with death. Kids movies do not have lots of murder, but they do have death. That's a big difference. Scar isn't murdered in Lion King, unless you're accusing the animators of "murdering" him. Here's the objective from the study:

Objectives To assess the risk of on-screen death of important characters in children’s animated films versus dramatic films for adults.

Are there any animated children's films in which someone is actually murdered? I'm trying to recall.

Bambi says "Hi!"

edit: Animal Farm? Was Nemo's mom killed? Can't remember? The first 10 minutes of Up made me want to kill myself, as a grown adult.

And we won't even get into Watership Down, holy fuck!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 13:36 jdreyer

That title and that article conflate murder with death. Kids movies do not have lots of murder, but they do have death. That's a big difference. Scar isn't murdered in Lion King, unless you're accusing the animators of "murdering" him. Here's the objective from the study:

Objectives To assess the risk of on-screen death of important characters in children’s animated films versus dramatic films for adults.

Are there any animated children's films in which someone is actually murdered? I'm trying to recall.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 13:32 nin

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 13:28 jdreyer

Interestingly, I've been seeing a lot of Don't Drink and Drive PSAs on the site since yesterday. Is that something you're doing intentionally Blue? I know it's an annual tradition for you to remind people to be safe.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 12:19 Cutter

Yeah 2014 was rough, but things are looking up so fingers crossed.

"And I think it's gonna be all right
Yeah, the worst is over now
The mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball"

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 11:22 HorrorScope

CIA - Please believe our lies, because they are really the truth. You wonder how peoples minds get poisoned? It's not knowing what is real and what is not.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 11:12 PHJF

Just figured out something really stupid about PS4: it has no bluetooth headset support.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo