Diablo III Experience Bonus

Battle.net announces a 100% bonus to experience points can be had right now in Diablo III as a bonus for those playing the action/RPG sequel over the holiday:
That's right! All nephalem who log into Diablo III this weekend on any platform* will receive a +100% bonus to experience gain. As with previous buffs, the bonus provided will stack multiplicatively with other existing bonuses, including those provided by items, shrines, Pools of Reflection, and Paragon points.

Doesn't matter if you've been naughty or nice! This festive in-game boost begins for console and PC players alike in the Americas region on Thursday, December 25 at 12:00 a.m. PST and ends on Monday, December 29 at 11:59 p.m. PST.**

Whether you're in Sanctuary, Azeroth, Mar Sara, the Nexus, or your local Hearthstone tavern, we hope that you and yours share in the warmth of the season. Happy holidays, heroes, and have a very merry new year!

*Please note that this buff will only be available on console for Ultimate Evil Edition.

**For PC, the buff will start and end at the noted times in each gameplay region according to its local time zone (PST for the Americas, CST for Europe, and KST for Asia). For console, the buff will start and end in all regions at the same time, listed above. For time zone assistance, click here.
View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus
Dec 27, 2014, 04:14
nin

Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 27, 2014, 04:14
Dec 27, 2014, 04:14
 nin

ItBurn wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 12:09:
I've played this game a ton, but I'm done. A new patch won't do it. I need a new expansion.

Was a little disappointed one wasn't announced at blizzcon. Maybe after the final SC2 expansion ships?

Dec 27, 2014, 04:06
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 27, 2014, 04:06
Dec 27, 2014, 04:06

not touched normal mode since seasons came out, really enjoyed the season play - especially the crusader build that arrived with the new shield in S1.
Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

Dec 26, 2014, 12:09
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 12:09
Dec 26, 2014, 12:09

I've played this game a ton, but I'm done. A new patch won't do it. I need a new expansion.

Dec 26, 2014, 11:47
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 11:47
Dec 26, 2014, 11:47

Krovven wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 10:40:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 00:06:
Paragon levels are largely useless

This demonstrates how clueless you actually are. Understandable you don't understand your own contradiction.

Not sure what your issue is, but clearly you never picked up non-legendaries or something. I still have 5000+ blue mats, just like the rest of the mats. Any Paragon stat aside from Primary/Vit is capped at 50 points, and although it is a minor boost to your characters, it is indeed largely useless. 250 All Res? you will still get 1 shot in higher GRifts. Extra scaling cooldown reduction? Useful but you can survive/gear up without it.

I have one of each character at level 70, mostly geared up, along with several pieces for other builds in storage. At this point I could care less about a few more percentage points from paragon, but I could really use another 200+ Forgotten Souls to reroll basically my entire stash worth of items, spread out across 6 characters. This is the major holdup for me doing any serious number of other builds across my Normal characters.

Thus, my original post, Experience bonus/Paragon = largely meaningless, more forgotten souls = bottleneck (for me and people I play with). Clearly you are more obsessed with getting Paragon 800 or whatever than getting more Forgotten Souls. But don't worry, this is allowed.

*EDIT* Grammar.

Dec 26, 2014, 11:34
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 11:34
Dec 26, 2014, 11:34

Extremely easy to get geared for T6? I must be playing a different game, though frankly I play rather casually. I have 175 hours on my main char and still struggle with him on T4.

Granted.. that char is a Wizard. On top of that Leg drop rates are wonky. I might get 4 in a single rift or none over the course of three. 90% of what drops for me is utterly useless. My Wand of Woe is the best drop I've ever gotten. Hell I haven't even gotten more than 4 pieces of Firebirds.

And to reply on Greed portals, yea they need a fix. I have about 500 Rift Keystones. Once I got a good Ring of Royal Grandeur I've hardly run any bounties since.

Dec 26, 2014, 10:48
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 10:48
Dec 26, 2014, 10:48

justice7 wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 09:34:
What an odd way to play Diablo. I beat the game once or twice then hung it up, might play again later.. but getting the best/best of gear? Have you gone... MAD?

That isn't an odd way to play, it's the proper way to play. It's extremely easy now to get geared up for Torment 6 (rank 25 GRifts). The story is meaningless. You don't play it for the story. You play it, a) because you like the gameplay and D3 is still the most solid of the available ARPG's, b) to get better gear and push higher Torments and Grifts.

I haven't been playing much lately. Too many changes coming for DH's for me to continue putting much effort in before the patch. I don't care about Seasons and have just worked on mostly my DH, but my Wiz and Monk both have decent sets/builds that allow me to do rank 30+ Grifts. All my other toons have some gear and can do varying levels of Torment 3+, this is with having barely played them.

Dec 26, 2014, 10:40
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 10:40
Dec 26, 2014, 10:40

Paragon levels are largely useless

This demonstrates how clueless you actually are. Understandable you don't understand your own contradiction.

As soon as you get a Boon of the Hoarder gem, gold is meaningless. Yellow, blue and white mats are all meaningless

Again, clueless.

(most remain unchanged anyway, not counting Ancient versions)

But they do count. Why worry about gear now when it will essentially be made obsolete with the ancient items in the patch? Unless of course you aren't well geared and you are still just trying to get to Torment 6.

Right now, getting higher Paragon is priority just as it always is before a major patch. Items will change. Builds will change. Paragon will not. Paragon is account wide. 1 toon isn't stronger...ALL of them are stronger. Some end game builds don't function properly unless you get the Paragon to boost the defining stats like Cooldown Reduction.

the only holdup for me and the very few friends still playing the game occasionally, is Forgotten Souls.

If you don't have shortages with at the very least the blue materials, then you obviously aren't having to enchant very much. Which means you probably aren't pushing high GRifts, don't play other toons other than your main one, don't collect gear for other builds or you never crafting anything.

If you play much at all, you should have plenty of Forgotten Souls. See above. The most common bottleneck is the blue mats, as they aren't quite as readily available and some of recipes with up to around 75 of them in a shot.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2014, 11:28.

Dec 26, 2014, 09:34
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 09:34
Dec 26, 2014, 09:34

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 00:13:
I'll disagree with you there. You get 5-10 legs per hour, at least, so unless you're really re-rolling stats like crazy trying to perfect a lot of jewelry, you're gonna have tons of souls piling up on an end-game character. I pick up whites and blues now, since they're the limiter for crafting or rolling stats, respectively. Yellow mats are thrown at you like crazy in drops and rewards now, so I don't even bother with those items.

What an odd way to play Diablo. I beat the game once or twice then hung it up, might play again later.. but getting the best/best of gear? Have you gone... MAD?

Dec 26, 2014, 00:13
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 00:13
Dec 26, 2014, 00:13

I'll disagree with you there. You get 5-10 legs per hour, at least, so unless you're really re-rolling stats like crazy trying to perfect a lot of jewelry, you're gonna have tons of souls piling up on an end-game character. I pick up whites and blues now, since they're the limiter for crafting or rolling stats, respectively. Yellow mats are thrown at you like crazy in drops and rewards now, so I don't even bother with those items.

Dec 26, 2014, 00:06
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 00:06
Dec 26, 2014, 00:06

Krovven wrote on Dec 25, 2014, 22:50:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 25, 2014, 15:43:
Exp bonus... yeah a Legendary drop bonus would have made much more sense, and even been in theme with the Holidays.

Few people are playing right now, waiting for the next patch to drop, with a relatively large shakeup in the legendaries... at the very least, a legendary drop increase now would have led to more Forgotten Souls once the patch hits.

You contradict yourself. Not entirely surprising though.

Increasing leg drops now would be pointless with the patch just around the corner with so many legs changes coming. I think they learned the obvious lesson last time they increased drop rates where they ended up having to leave the bonus going permanently. Don't expect to see another leg drop bonus.

What contradiction? Increase in Legendary drops, even these pre-patch ones(most remain unchanged anyway, not counting Ancient versions), is more useful than an experience bonus. Paragon levels are largely useless, it takes like 5 minutes to get to 70 anyway, etc.

As soon as you get a Boon of the Hoarder gem, gold is meaningless. Yellow, blue and white mats are all meaningless, the only holdup for me and the very few friends still playing the game occasionally, is Forgotten Souls. So even if we end up recycling all the drops we get the next couple weeks once the patch hits, at LEAST we'll be up some FSs.

Dec 25, 2014, 23:08
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 25, 2014, 23:08
Dec 25, 2014, 23:08

I've had the same. Only seen one (2hrs after 2.1 patch and not one since). Problem with the Greed portal thing is that they only occur in Bounty mode. I've had hundreds of fragments since before 2.1. Since they require just one per rift now and that bounty bag exclusive drops are so easy to get...I have very little reason to ever do bounties.

Community fragmentation is easily my biggest issue with the game right now. Key wardens, sub bosses, and bounties (with changes) could all be in Rifts. Furthermore seasons has split the player base (and thus clans) with people that see no point in starting over new toons and players that do want to start over and compare e-peens.

Dec 25, 2014, 22:54
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 25, 2014, 22:54
Dec 25, 2014, 22:54

I play D3 while listening to RPG Lets Plays. ATM I'm listening to http://strandgamers.com/ Nightingale Archive, a World of Darkness prelude to the current ongoing Changeling: the Lost game. I find I can keep my notice focused on both fairly easily and listen to a fun game while I grind gear. I normally hate grinding so I cannot play D3 and games like it without something to listen to.

I spose I could use the XP buff to grind season paragon levels. But frankly I'd rather just continue to gear my main Wiz. A buff to gold/magic find would have been nicer. A buff to the chance of getting a Greed portal would be awesome. I've had one since 2.1 came out months ago and I tend to play 4-5 hours a week.

Dec 25, 2014, 22:50
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 25, 2014, 22:50
Dec 25, 2014, 22:50

Exp bonus... yeah a Legendary drop bonus would have made much more sense, and even been in theme with the Holidays.

Few people are playing right now, waiting for the next patch to drop, with a relatively large shakeup in the legendaries... at the very least, a legendary drop increase now would have led to more Forgotten Souls once the patch hits.

You contradict yourself. Not entirely surprising though.

Increasing leg drops now would be pointless with the patch just around the corner with so many legs changes coming. I think they learned the obvious lesson last time they increased drop rates where they ended up having to leave the bonus going permanently. Don't expect to see another leg drop bonus.

Dec 25, 2014, 22:06
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 25, 2014, 22:06
Dec 25, 2014, 22:06

Graham wrote on Dec 25, 2014, 20:40:

It seriously feels like Blizzard has their B or C team on Diablo 3 at this point.

On the plus side, Grim Dawn seems to be coming along pretty well, and it's moddable even if it doesn't turn out great on release.

*EDIT* Typo.

I guess you're really not accounting for everyone who got it for Christmas. I took a week off for D3 at launch (so many regrets) but I've just picked it up for PS4.

Oddly enough, it's more fun on PS4–at least through D3 classic. The controls are tight. The PC version is more competitive and harder, but lying back in bed and playing on a 106" screen with a controller is a more enjoyable experience right now.

Anyway, this buff is great for people like me - and I think with the recent price drop on PSN there are going to be a lot of us.

Playing while laying in a bed is the fastest way to back and neck pains straight out of hell though.

Dec 25, 2014, 20:40
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 25, 2014, 20:40
Dec 25, 2014, 20:40

It seriously feels like Blizzard has their B or C team on Diablo 3 at this point.

On the plus side, Grim Dawn seems to be coming along pretty well, and it's moddable even if it doesn't turn out great on release.

*EDIT* Typo.

I guess you're really not accounting for everyone who got it for Christmas. I took a week off for D3 at launch (so many regrets) but I've just picked it up for PS4.

Oddly enough, it's more fun on PS4–at least through D3 classic. The controls are tight. The PC version is more competitive and harder, but lying back in bed and playing on a 106" screen with a controller is a more enjoyable experience right now.

Anyway, this buff is great for people like me - and I think with the recent price drop on PSN there are going to be a lot of us.

Dec 25, 2014, 15:43
Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 25, 2014, 15:43
Dec 25, 2014, 15:43

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2014, 19:10.
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older