Telltale announces Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series
which will bring their signature story-driven, episodic approach to Minecraft,
the construction game that's not long on plot. This is will debut sometime next
year on Windows, consoles, and mobile devices. There's a corresponding post on
the Mojang website
with a clever adventure game take on revealing the
announcement that leads to
- Minecraft: Story mode will be a narrative-driven
video game created by Telltale Games. It will be about Minecraft.
- Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members
of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
- The first episode will be released some time in
2015, and will be available on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac,
iOS, and Android-based devices.
- Minecraft: Story Mode will be released
episodically, just like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, or the recent
Tales from the Borderlands, which is another developer-collaboration series
between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
- We’re not intending on creating an “official”
story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be
a cool game.
- The Minecraft 2 thing was a joke. No really. It
was a joke.