Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous

The Elite: Dangerous forums announce the official release of Elite: Dangerous, as version 1.00 of Frontier Developments' space combat sequel is now available. The game's official website is non-responsive at the moment, but that forum post has some details:
A 30 year legacy, and more than 2 years of development, and we're thrilled to announce that Elite: Dangerous 1.00 is out now, available for download and play.

Thanks to everyone who played this far - see you in space Commanders.

Ed (and the whole of the Elite: Dangerous development team)

https://store.elitedangerous.com/

Change log for those updating from Gamma:

• Prevent missions softlocks when switching servers from A->B->A without disconnecting from A
  • Check if we should use the neutron star's version of the bolometric luminosity first to prevent soft lock
  • Avoid crash in creating a location object when it hits a rare window
  • Sky box view distance altered to reduce memory usage in highly populated regions

View
1184 Replies. 60 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

584. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 10:33 SpectralMeat

Dev update some exciting stuff coming: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99493

Hi everyone,

Following up on my post last week I will provide more information on our process moving forwards and dates for the next two major releases. As you’ve seen since the game’s initial release we have issued a number of point updates, the latest being 1.05 this morning. These are typically restricted to urgent and/or low risk changes and will continue on a regular basis as they allow us to respond as we need to. These aren’t scheduled in the same way as the major updates, but will be ongoing.

More significant updates allow us to add new features and content (as well as sweeping up a host of fixes and tweaks that haven’t been deemed suitable for the intermediate point releases).

Currently beta testing will be available for those who already have beta access for the main game. For players participating in the beta tests there will be a separate mechanism for playing so testing does not affect your game and that you can continue to play the retail version as well. Options for players currently without beta access to be able to purchase beta access will be available. Details will be made available nearer the time.

Depending on how the update Betas go in test, we expect them to be released to everyone a week or so after the Beta release.&#8203;

As you all know we’re also working on paid expansions for the game and these will have their own beta periods as well, we’ll again make details available of how this will work as we near their release.

The first planned significant update will be 1.1 and will enter beta in the first week of February. We’ll be talking next week about how 1.1 will introduce a new way to collaborate with other players in the galaxy in preparation for 1.2’s major Wings update. We have some some good news for planners of long journeys - V1.1 will also have a significant increase in the maximum distance for the route planner. We’re currently looking at extending this to 1,000 light years!

Looking further ahead there will be a 1.2 update which is planned to enter beta testing in the first week of March. The focus for this update will be Wings and other multiplayer goodness. I’ll provide more detail in future updates.

Thanks

Michael

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

583. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 10:04 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 09:57:
Gimballed cannons and fixed pulse? And that's just a basic scanner or the kill warrant scanner?
Basic scanner, and I made this video a while back, since then I went all gimballed weapons.
On the Cobra I found 2X gimballed beams and 2x gimballed multi cannons work best. For my dog fighting style anyways.
Not that I can not line up the target for the fixed weapons but gimballed helps me start shooting them sooner.

582. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 09:57  Mr. Tact 

Gimballed cannons and fixed pulse? And that's just a basic scanner or the kill warrant scanner?  

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

581. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 08:50 SpectralMeat

I didn't care for missions much. I just went to the Nav point by the star in the system or the extraction sites and was blasting away wanted criminals.
For one thing you pick and choose your targets, the other thing it pays way more money to do that than missions.
Some missions I took on were ones where you had to kill so many pirates and what not, because than I'd just again go to the nav point and kill pirates. That way aside from the bounties I also get money for the mission.
I would stay away from kill transport ships and stuff like that as it will likely give you wanted status.
Here is a video of me doing exactly what I just explained above in my Viper

580. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 08:37  Mr. Tact 

Wow, either I'm doing something really wrong or I really suck at combat. Finally got around to buying and equipping a Viper. Took what I assumed was a simple combat mission with only a 4k payout and got smoked. Maybe the guy I picked a fight with wasn't one of the "traders" I was supposed to be engaging?  

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

579. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 06:19 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 21:46:
Hey Spectral,

I've been meaning to ask how you go about recording your videos? Anything tricksy you do?
I am using Shadowplay. If you use Nvidia card it's part of your driver. I think ATI has something similar too.
Then I just cut it with Windows movie maker and upload it to youtube

So I emptied my cargo hold in Lave bought myself a Cobra, and moved both my ships over to next door to Leesti.
Now if I get tired of trading I can swap ships at Leesti and go hunt or do missions for a bit.

578. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 04:14 Vall Forran

Oh yeah! I'm a Viscount now. There's Count and Earl left.

(The rank progression is probably the easiest thing in the game. I'm still proud, though.) I thought something was broken, but apparently you just need to still do missions. I did a few to break up the trading grind...and voila!

577. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 21:46 Vall Forran

Hey Spectral,

I've been meaning to ask how you go about recording your videos? Anything tricksy you do?

576. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 21:25 Vall Forran

Lave has turned into Mos Eisley. Rogue Asps everywhere center-punching ships docking.  

575. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 21:22 SpectralMeat

Awesome, thanks!  

574. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 20:55  Mr. Tact 

Swapped Leesti in for Lave in my loop spreadsheet. The typical supply of Lavian Brandy was pretty bad.

11 stop loop

573. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 18:38 SpectralMeat

I was in the same $150 beta as you but I have no access to the Founder's World (just checked in game). Apparently this was a bug in their system and some people got access to it that wasn't supposed to and some that was supposed to never did.
If you erase your character and start fresh you most likely will loose your access.

572. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 17:27 Vall Forran

I didn't donate on the kickstart of the game, but I bought into the beta (the $150 one). I wasn't expecting to get in, but I have the pass. Premium beta is confusing to me, there were so many betas, so I don't really know what the cutoff was. I wasn't expecting to get the pass, but I got it, so check it out at least after work.  

571. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 14:36 SpectralMeat

Thanks but I am pretty sure I do not have it.
Reading through the Elite Forum I am not supposed to have it anyways.
I did not back the game in the kickstarter stage but later when the premium beta came out, and therefore I shouldn't have it.
I remember seeing that panel and I am pretty sure 99% it only had Sol in there for permits.
I am at work so can not check it atm.

570. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 14:28 Vall Forran

It's not the name of the system, but if you type it on the map it'll find it for you. I think the system has a weird Shangrila-type name.

You can check on the right-side UI panel. Cycle it from the reputation info screen to the left a few times and you'll find one with all of your permits. If you have it, it should list "Founder's World Permit."

569. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 14:27 SpectralMeat

I don't think I do. I believe the only permit I have is to SOL
I don't remember where but I did see permits somewhere

568. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 14:23 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 14:18:
I was in the beta and I have access to Sol but not sure about the Founder's World.
Is that the name of the system I should be looking for on the map?

Check if you have a permit first, can't remember which menu it's in, left or right in the cockpit, but it will list your permits. No sense heading to the founders system if you have no access

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

567. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 14:18 SpectralMeat

I was in the beta and I have access to Sol but not sure about the Founder's World.
Is that the name of the system I should be looking for on the map?

566. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 14:16 Vall Forran

Yeah, that's annoying about the rare trade runs. I never make it through the list before I want to do something else. I end up selling some rares just to clear out space.

If you were a beta backer, you should have a system pass to the Founder's World. The station there has all the ships (minus the clipper, as it's in Fed space) and all the components at a 10% discount. I bought the type7 there for $15 million instead of $17. I decked out my Asp there...so nice when an upgrade is $4.5mill instead of $5 million.

It's sort of near Lave and has its own rare good as well.

565. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 13:59 SpectralMeat

My only issue is that I can not buy a new ship until my cargo hold is empty.
I wish I thought about this before I got my type 6 and kept my Cobra instead of selling it.
That way I could just park my type 6 and go shoot up some poor sob npc pirates to release the trigger finger itch before sit back into the space truck seat.
I didn't realize my transport ship cargo will never be empty.
Now I gotta go through the excercise of selling everything at a station, loosing out on some very nice profit in order to get a new ship then I can go on and refill the cargo.

I was looking at the type 7 last night it is pretty expensive.
My Type6 would worth 2.8mill as a trade in. The type 7 cost 17mill right off the bat, before any upgrades.
I am probably looking at 20mill to have that ship upgraded and for the trade runs I do I don't know if it would be very helpful to have any bigger ship than the type 6
I am not using 100tons of cargo space as it is now. Never go above 90tons
That's doing rare trade run (11 stops)
Maybe that 71 stop run would max out my cargo space

1184 Replies. 60 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >