Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month

Ubisoft reveals plans for an HD remake of Might & Magic Heroes III coming to Windows and tablets next month. Word is: "On January 29th, 2015, discover a new way to experience the best Heroes title ever with Heroes 3 HD! In addition to refined graphics and resolution, you will be able to play online with full Steamworks support (including online lobby) and on the GO thanks to iOS and Android tablets versions!" Here's a trailer and a preliminary feature list for the revival of the turn-based strategy classic:

• A new HD experience: re-live the Heroes® III in HD, a true craftsmanship which offers players updated graphics, with wide screen compatibility.
  • Enjoy the critically acclaimed Heroes® III gameplay, with 7 exciting campaign scenarios, around 50 skirmish maps, a local multiplayer mode and a map editor.
  • A new online multiplayer lobby tailored for PC: Now Steamworks compatible, the PC version of Heroes® III offers an online multiplayer lobby, where you can share your experience with the Heroes® III community.
  • Play Heroes® III on tablets anywhere: Heroes® III now features iOS and Android tablet versions, upgraded with intuitive touch controls to enjoy this passionate game experience anywhere… anytime.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 10, 2014, 16:28 Julio

JediPunisher wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 12:04:
Dang! I misread it as Might & Magic III HD.

Yes only Ubi would call HOMM 3 the wrong thing. In my case, I was happy it wasn't M&M 3...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 10, 2014, 12:04 JediPunisher

Dang! I misread it as Might & Magic III HD.  

5. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 10, 2014, 03:20 GL1zdA

NetHead wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 02:45:
Nowhere have I seen them mention whether or not it has Armageddon's Blade and The Shadow of Death.
Only RoE: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/a-special-announcement

4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 10, 2014, 02:45 NetHead

Nowhere have I seen them mention whether or not it has Armageddon's Blade and The Shadow of Death.

Also no mention of if it supports existing community made content/maps.

These would be worth bragging about to any HoMM3 fan, also I doubt they have manually redone each of the maps for the game as it would take ages, even just testing every mission would take ages, so they must have a way of importing the content the old game could use.

If Ubi doesn't let customers import the old community stuff it would be suspicious to say the least. Having looked at the old and new artwork, if Ubi is preventing people from using old community content in this it isn't worth it unless you "have to have" it on a tablet.

HoMM3 with Armageddon's Blade and The Shadow of Death can currently be had on GOG for $2.50 on special and of course there's loads of community content, patches and HoMM 3 HD patch.

I wouldn't be surprised if this comes out at $20.

3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 9, 2014, 23:06 Jivaro

I wonder if it will include the content the expansions added or if those will be $$ DLC.  

2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 9, 2014, 20:32 CJ_Parker

OK now it all makes sense. It's fully understandable that if they blow their PC budget on lame HD rehashes of ancient games that they can't be arsed to deliver decent console ports of more modern titles like FC4 or ACU.  

1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 9, 2014, 20:17 Julio

I'm in for this one, though I recently started playing the Hota mod which is a lot of fun. And it better have a random map generator...  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >