Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 10:47 Dagnamit

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 10:28:
Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 00:56:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 22:57:
At least they leave their paws off the real Star Trek universe then.

The real Star Trek universe has basically been dead and buried for over a dozen years. It's somehow much better if nobody ever tries to do anything in that anymore?

To me personally, I'd rather the universe stay dead than turned into yet another dumb action franchise like Abrams did with it. Paramount wants another thing on the scale of Transformers and that's what they're trying to turn everything into (see also Terminator Genisys.)

I liked the new movies, they were cleverly respectful to the source material (except for some of the extreme fan service of Into Darkness) and tried to do something different in a series that really needed freshness. Orci leaving is nothing but a good thing, because he's a hack.

That's how I know that JJ Abrams, though talented (first half of Super 8 is effing fantastic), is not the next coming of Spielberg. He unleashed the hack writing triumvirate of Orci, Kurtzman, and Lindelof on the world. There's reason why none of those guys are within a mile of the new Star Wars.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 10:28 Parallax Abstraction

The real Star Trek universe has basically been dead and buried for over a dozen years. It's somehow much better if nobody ever tries to do anything in that anymore?

To me personally, I'd rather the universe stay dead than turned into yet another dumb action franchise like Abrams did with it. Paramount wants another thing on the scale of Transformers and that's what they're trying to turn everything into (see also Terminator Genisys.)

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube | Mixer

6. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 08:25 Muscular Beaver

At least not someone like Abrams who admitted himself that he never was into it nor understood it.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

5. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 01:23 jdreyer

of the Day: Star Trek 3 has lost its director

I heard he was executed by the Klingons for the crime that was Into Darkness.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

4. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 00:56 Creston

3. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 00:35 Cutter

Hallelujah. JJA is gone! I didnt know that! Can only get better now, not that there is much to salvage in this mess of a universe. At least they leave their paws off the real Star Trek universe then.

Well Star Wars has been tripe since Return so no great loss that Lamebrams is off mangling that even further - if that's possible. Yeah, it'd be nice to get Star Trek back on track but I don't think their corporate masters will ever allow something of the quality of TNG or the like to ever surface again.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

2. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 22:57 Muscular Beaver

Hallelujah. JJA is gone! I didnt know that! Can only get better now, not that there is much to salvage in this mess of a universe. At least they leave their paws off the real Star Trek universe then.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

1. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 21:55 Creston

Not a good sign when Orci leaves, but then again he may just be joining Abrams @ Star Wars.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo