Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details

BANDAI NAMCO Games America announces Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, a repackaging of Dark Souls II along with all three DLC packs and some additional new features. This will be accompanied by a new patch for owners of the Dark: Souls II with some of the improvements in the new release. One thing from Scholar of the First Sin that it seems will not be in the patch is improved DirectX 11 graphics support, but IncGamers.com notes that screenshots of the new version don't seem that different than the old one. They also point the way to a tweet suggesting some of this may be a paid upgrade for PC gamers: "We'll have lots more info in the next month regarding PC versions/upgrades/etc. so stay tuned :)"

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 27, 2014, 13:18 Yeahyeah Yeah

I love using the mouse and keyboard. If you want to improve control, remap the keys, turn off the double-click option.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 27, 2014, 08:35 Rattlehead

born2expire wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 23:31:
and still the game controls like a 10,000 tonne battleship, i don't understand the love for these games. Worst KB/Mouse controls ever.
That's because you are using a mouse and keyboard. I don't understand people who play these games with a mouse and keyboard.

10. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 27, 2014, 07:05 Redmask

born2expire wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 23:31:
and still the game controls like a 10,000 tonne battleship, i don't understand the love for these games. Worst KB/Mouse controls ever.

It controls beautifully with a gamepad which is how most people play. I don't mind the KB/M controls though.

9. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 23:31 born2expire

8. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 22:04 Bradley

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 16:52:
Or we can wait to find out exactly how they're handling this on PC, before jumping to conclusions for another excuse to bitch at a publisher...

OR we can voice our opinions now, in hopes that they clarify their position or change their mind about the upgrade path before they commit to a plan that can no longer be changed.

7. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 18:30 Overon

Alamar wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 17:41:
Overon wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 16:57:
I anticipate this will be heavily pirated and this piracy will be easily rationalized by the people who pirate it.

As opposed to all the other piracy?
Even more easily rationalized given that there are people who feel like the PC version's graphics were lowered to keep parity with the consoles, and now they are putting back the graphics that should have been, and asking people to pay extra.

6. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 17:41 Alamar

Overon wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 16:57:
I anticipate this will be heavily pirated and this piracy will be easily rationalized by the people who pirate it.

As opposed to all the other piracy?

5. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 16:57 Overon

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2014, 17:10.

4. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 16:52 jacobvandy

Or we can wait to find out exactly how they're handling this on PC, before jumping to conclusions for another excuse to bitch at a publisher... We already know that the gameplay changes are included free in the patch for everybody. You don't even know if how they're doing DX11 will make any significant difference (that's probably just how they handled porting it to the new consoles), but you're already crying foul over the notion of them leaving it to the GOTY edition? I'll probably just get this when it's cheap for the DLC. If they offer it cheaper as an upgrade for the standard edition, even better.  

3. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 16:31 mag

Boo. Moneygrab.  

2. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 16:30 Yeahyeah Yeah

Dark Souls' very presence on the PC is kind of weird. Great all the same.  

1. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 12:45 Verno

They are handling this in a weird way.  
Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo