Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Top 10

Valve reveals the following list of the bestselling titles on Steam last week:

1. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  2. Football Manager 2015
  3. The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
  4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition
  5. Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
  6. Farming Simulator 15
  7. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  8. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  9. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  10. Banished
View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2014, 14:42 Beamer

I'm about 40% into Wolfenstein (I think, no real way to know) on the 360. Playing on the second hardest difficulty.

It starts kind of slow, but fun, because you run around in corridors with a machine gun in each hand screaming like an idiot as you mow people down. You can find some alternate pathways, and do a good amount of sneaking. The sneaking may be shallow but it's how I like it, but the exploration is a bit tedious because you find things that have no bearing on the game. I like exploring in Skyrim because I find a dungeon I've never seen before or a new quest. I dislike it in linear FPS games like this or Gears of War because I find a gold bowl that is utterly worthless.

At the point I'm in the game now, though, it's much more difficult and less fun. Guys are in the distance, hard to see, and have perfect aim. The machine gun isn't accurate at range for you (is for them), and looking at guys in black in the darkness with the iron sights makes it difficult to see if you're shooting at something shooting at you or a shadow. Plus, sneaking is out the window. Guys just know where you are. Maybe it's just this level, and the last one, but it's kind of... annoying.

It looks like I'm about to re-enter corridors where machine guns make sense, and I just finally got a long range rifle (though never any ammo), so maybe it'll improve. It's just less fun than it had been.

Lastly, this probably isn't an issue on PC, but reloading takes foreeeeeeever on the 360. Die? Plan to wait 30-45 seconds before you start again.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2014, 19:11 Acleacius

JayDeath wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 09:18:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 01:49:
I'm guessing Alien and Mordor will get down to %40 off during the holidays, in a Flash sale at the least.

Kinguin.net has killer deals on both of those titles right now.
Thanks for the link, it's new to me. I'm a little worried about extra costs and currency conversion fees, since I would be buying from the US.

People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2014, 09:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Alamar wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 01:29:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 23:39:
I'm thinking about picking up CoD, but I think I'm going to wait for a sale. Don't really want to pay full price for it. Maybe 20-30% off would be ok. Same with Mordor really.

But everything is nearly always 20% off on GMG...
I seem to always miss the codes for GMG when they get posted. I can wait for the Holiday sale. I'm still finishing up Wolfenstein right now, and have Transistor and a couple other things on deck.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2014, 09:18 JayDeath

I'm guessing Alien and Mordor will get down to %40 off during the holidays, in a Flash sale at the least.

Kinguin.net has killer deals on both of those titles right now.

Steam: BenRichards

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2014, 04:49 Jerykk

Eh, I'd be surprised if it was more than 33% off. The games did relatively well and haven't been out that long.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2014, 01:49 Acleacius

People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2014, 01:29 Alamar

I'm thinking about picking up CoD, but I think I'm going to wait for a sale. Don't really want to pay full price for it. Maybe 20-30% off would be ok. Same with Mordor really.

But everything is nearly always 20% off on GMG...

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2014, 00:21 Caladell

Same here. Well just Mordor though. Speaking of which...
Click Me

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 23:39 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 20:20 nin

Slashman wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 19:51:
Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 17:54:
You guys haven't tried Farming Simulator deathmatch yet? Noobs.

Waiting til I can powerlevel my crop duster to 40 before jumping in on that.

Mad cow DLC incoming!

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 19:51 Slashman

Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 17:54:

Waiting til I can powerlevel my crop duster to 40 before jumping in on that.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 17:54 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 17:30 Acleacius

You know you want it!  

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 16:52 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 14:56:
Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 13:51:
Blasphemer! Speak no ill of ETS2! The game is mystical in nature which transcends the mundane limitations a game like that would normally have.

And as someone who's always wanted a farm, I'd like a good farm simulator.

I have 11 or 13? And it is boring as hell. This coming from a kid who grew up in South Dakota and comes from a farm family....

Sodak, eh? I didn't say this was a good one, mainly that I wanted a good one. Mebbe a gentlemen farmer type game where I could grow grapes and make wine, raise bees and harvest honey, and have a botanical gardens to luxuriate in during the winter.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 15:33 Techie714 ©

Would love to see Waseland 2 back on this list. Such an amazing & well thought out game  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 15:13 Kosumo

Anyone think Chris Roberts maybe adding a faming module as a strech goal anytime soon?  

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 14:56 Retired

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 13:51:
Blasphemer! Speak no ill of ETS2! The game is mystical in nature which transcends the mundane limitations a game like that would normally have.

And as someone who's always wanted a farm, I'd like a good farm simulator.

I have 11 or 13? And it is boring as hell. This coming from a kid who grew up in South Dakota and comes from a farm family....

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 14:33 siapnar

nin wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 12:35:
I wish Wolfenstein had gone a little cheaper, so more folks would have jumped on it. Fantastic game.
I was going to jump on it, but figured I'd wait til xmas to get it. Might be cheaper.
I've got plenty to play in the meantime but... DAMN do I wanna play it

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 14:10 Moog

> 6. Farming Simulator 15

http://i.imgur.com/2yveG3U.png

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 14:03 PHJF

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 12:57:
Top tractors today have wifi and built in pc's, so we are probably seeing a lot of farmers while farming are playing FS 15.

No, they're looking up FAQS on how to powerlevel their farming skills so they can hit max level and go farm raiding.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >