Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed

Rockstar Games announces new details about the upcoming current-generation release of Grand Theft Auto V, confirming recent indications this will include enhanced first-person support. Here's a video and here are the details that Rockstar apparently learned from IGN:
With exactly two weeks to go until launch, IGN spent some time with the new version of Grand Theft Auto V, including the all-new First Person Mode. Exclusive to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC versions of Grand Theft Auto V, this new mode gives players the chance to explore the world of Los Santos and Blaine County directly through the eyes of their character, revealing all the world's glorious details in an entirely new way. For more details about First Person Mode, check out the first of IGN's 3 exclusive feature stories this week. Here's a sampling:

"There’s so much new about this version Grand Theft Auto V, but it’s obvious Rockstar was keen to deliver something above and beyond a technical upgrade – it’s given players an entirely new way of playing the game. From shooters to action games, we’re all used to adopting the first-person, but the way in which this new perspective transforms the GTA 5 experience can’t be understated; it fundamentally alters how you inhabit and interact with this world. It rewrites the experience."

Read the full story here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/04/grand-theft-auto-v-a-new-perspective

Available in both GTAV and GTA Online, we've made a host of changes to accommodate this new perspective, including the creation of an optional first person cover system, a new targeting system, a more traditional FPS control scheme, and integrating thousands of new animations into the existing game. It's also available at the touch of a button so you can easily switch back and forth between perspectives.

Alongside the new First Person mode, Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC features hundreds of additions and enhancements including 1080p resolution at 30FPS on PS4 and Xbox One (4K compatible on PC).

View : : :
87 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
Dec 14, 2014, 14:38
Ant

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Dec 14, 2014, 14:38
Dec 14, 2014, 14:38
 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:55:
sauron wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 11:48:
Dear sweet holy Jesus this game looks amazing. Only problem is, I'm so old that playing it might give me a heart attack.

Hey, have you played Alien Isolation? You really should. I think you'd like it. Devilish
Sauron has a heart?
Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

Nov 24, 2014, 19:35
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 24, 2014, 19:35
Nov 24, 2014, 19:35

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:12:
Beamer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:03:
Base. Company paid for a mid car, I talked my way into the upgrade at the counter.

Seriously, the thing was not fun, haha. I had no clue where the back was so changing lanes in LA gridlock was no bueno, I had no idea where cops were so I was never really opening up the engine, and it was just an enormous blind spot. Great car for a HS kid, less great a car for someone in his 30s.

I drove a ZL1 not too long ago, and while the performance and handling were fun, it was definitely hard to see out of, and the inside was absolute trash.

Though apparently GM has learned and the 2015 models will have much improved interiors. Not sure how you fix the vision problem without aggressively redesigning the car, however.

I'll take the Mustang.

I'm so sick of people spreading this ridiculous myth. Learn to fucking adjust your mirrors correctly, and there is zero blind spot. Christ.

Mustangs are not fun to drive. May as well weld the front axles straight ahead because that's all they're good at. XD

Nov 5, 2014, 18:46
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 18:46
Nov 5, 2014, 18:46

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 15:01:

Picture of the neon under a car is linked already in my post.

Todays IGN coverage

Second video from the top, near the end he claims to have downed a helicopter with one shot from the railgun at range.

The new graphics look pretty amazing.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Nov 5, 2014, 17:36
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 17:36
Nov 5, 2014, 17:36

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:17:
They'd treat the subject matter more maturely; they'd stop posing the game's female characters in bikinis and tanktops with their ass up in the air in advertisements, they'd make serious commercials about them rather than the "PEW PEW PEW LOOKIT ALL THE PEW!!!!" or the "THIS IS THE NEW SHIT!" crap that we get; they'd not drown 95% of the commercials in trap/dubstep, etc etc etc.

Sometimes my wife and I will be watching some TV and an advertisement for a game I'm currently playing will come on, and 9 out of 10 times it makes me embarrassed that I like the game so much, just because of how fucking juvenile the advertisement is.
Agree completely.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Nov 5, 2014, 15:43
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 15:43
Nov 5, 2014, 15:43

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 14:45:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 14:37:
Couple of new things in today's IGN coverage. Neon have been added to cars and the railgun is a vehicle killer. It's going to be the unfriendly skies as peds now have the ability to easily shoot jets and helicopters out of the sky. As I understand it the railgun has the speed of a sniper bullet with the punch of an RPG.

Linky linky?

Thanks!

Todays IGN coverage

Second video from the top, near the end he claims to have downed a helicopter with one shot from the railgun at range.

me want dat railgun! Devilish

will buy an Oculus Rift just for this game.

Nov 5, 2014, 15:17
nin

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 15:17
Nov 5, 2014, 15:17
 nin

Todays IGN coverage

Thank you!

Nov 5, 2014, 15:01
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 15:01
Nov 5, 2014, 15:01

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 14:45:
Couple of new things in today's IGN coverage. Neon have been added to cars and the railgun is a vehicle killer. It's going to be the unfriendly skies as peds now have the ability to easily shoot jets and helicopters out of the sky. As I understand it the railgun has the speed of a sniper bullet with the punch of an RPG.

Linky linky?

Thanks!

Todays IGN coverage

Nov 5, 2014, 14:45
nin

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 14:45
Nov 5, 2014, 14:45
 nin

Linky linky?

Thanks!

Nov 5, 2014, 14:37
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 14:37
Nov 5, 2014, 14:37

Nov 5, 2014, 13:50
nin

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 13:50
Nov 5, 2014, 13:50
 nin

[they'd make serious commercials about them rather than the "PEW PEW PEW LOOKIT ALL THE PEW!!!!" or the "THIS IS THE NEW SHIT!" crap that we get; they'd not drown 95% of the commercials in trap/dubstep, etc etc etc.

Wait, what game was that...hang on...was it...DRAGON AGE?!?!?!

Nov 5, 2014, 13:42
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 13:42
Nov 5, 2014, 13:42

Orogogus wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:56:
What would the difference be if games were marketed at the 30+ year old demographic? Offhand I thought the Transformers War for Cybertron games were aimed at that audience, as they were pretty heavy on G1 fan service, which only really appeals to people who grew up with the original cartoon.

They'd treat the subject matter more maturely; they'd stop posing the game's female characters in bikinis and tanktops with their ass up in the air in advertisements, they'd make serious commercials about them rather than the "PEW PEW PEW LOOKIT ALL THE PEW!!!!" or the "THIS IS THE NEW SHIT!" crap that we get; they'd not drown 95% of the commercials in trap/dubstep, etc etc etc.

Sometimes my wife and I will be watching some TV and an advertisement for a game I'm currently playing will come on, and 9 out of 10 times it makes me embarrassed that I like the game so much, just because of how fucking juvenile the advertisement is.

I guess it's maybe to be expected, since there never seem to be people in marketing over the age of 24. (or the mentality of 14.)

I was going to say, that's how they sell cars and beer, too, which definitely aren't aimed at a 14 year old demographic. And tons of other stuff.

Nov 5, 2014, 13:17
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 13:17
Nov 5, 2014, 13:17

Orogogus wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:56:
Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 11:10:
Well, everything except the game industry. Because despite clear data that the large majority of gamers are above the age of thirty, and almost half of them are women, every single moron publisher still markets their games to 14 year old boys.

What would the difference be if games were marketed at the 30+ year old demographic? Offhand I thought the Transformers War for Cybertron games were aimed at that audience, as they were pretty heavy on G1 fan service, which only really appeals to people who grew up with the original cartoon.

I guess it's maybe to be expected, since there never seem to be people in marketing over the age of 24. (or the mentality of 14.)

Nov 5, 2014, 13:12
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 13:12
Nov 5, 2014, 13:12

Beamer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:03:
Base. Company paid for a mid car, I talked my way into the upgrade at the counter.

Seriously, the thing was not fun, haha. I had no clue where the back was so changing lanes in LA gridlock was no bueno, I had no idea where cops were so I was never really opening up the engine, and it was just an enormous blind spot. Great car for a HS kid, less great a car for someone in his 30s.

I drove a ZL1 not too long ago, and while the performance and handling were fun, it was definitely hard to see out of, and the inside was absolute trash.

Though apparently GM has learned and the 2015 models will have much improved interiors. Not sure how you fix the vision problem without aggressively redesigning the car, however.

I'll take the Mustang.

Nov 5, 2014, 13:03
Beamer

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 13:03
Nov 5, 2014, 13:03
 Beamer

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 01:23:
Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 21:35:
I just spent the past 24 hours in LA. In a rented Camaro (which is one giant blind spot.) I picked a friend up at her place in broad beach and just cruised up and down Malibu this afternoon. Thanks to gtav it was startlingly familiar. Crazy how the game does that.

It's been a long time since I was in LA (2000, IIRC, the Lakers were killing everyone at the time), but Malibu and Santa Monica pier in game looked quite like I remembered them.

What kind of Camaro did you get? Base model, or a Z/28?

Nov 5, 2014, 12:56
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 12:56
Nov 5, 2014, 12:56

Well, everything except the game industry. Because despite clear data that the large majority of gamers are above the age of thirty, and almost half of them are women, every single moron publisher still markets their games to 14 year old boys.

Nov 5, 2014, 12:55
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 12:55
Nov 5, 2014, 12:55

sauron wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 11:48:
Dear sweet holy Jesus this game looks amazing. Only problem is, I'm so old that playing it might give me a heart attack.

Hey, have you played Alien Isolation? You really should. I think you'd like it. Devilish
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Nov 5, 2014, 12:54
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 12:54
Nov 5, 2014, 12:54

You put a 5 y/o in front of a system today and they don't give a shit about broadcasting or what resolution it's running at. They just want to have fun. And some adults have forgotten that feeling.

That's a good point.

Yeah, I have a bias against 8-bit games, but when a game is fun enough I completely forget about my bias. For example, FTL, Defender Quest, and Rogue Legacy.

Nov 5, 2014, 12:49
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 12:49
Nov 5, 2014, 12:49

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 23:12:
Wow you guys, build a bridge and get over it. I have it on the console along with other console only games, it is worth it. A gamer buys games and systems that we enjoy. Hell, unless you are very young, we all had consoles at one point or another - if you didn't, go get a NES, GameCube, SuperNes, and Genesis, as you are missing some of the best gaming of all time.
Never owned a console, and probably never will. Kinds of games I liked to play in the past weren't on console (RTS, RPG, FPS) and these days most console games come to PC and I've got more games than I can play in my lifetime regardless.

Nov 5, 2014, 11:48
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 11:48
Nov 5, 2014, 11:48

Kittens!

Nov 5, 2014, 11:10
Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 11:10
Nov 5, 2014, 11:10

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 07:45:
InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 06:25:
I was trying to make light fun of the fact that consoles were marketed for children and that most of us started gaming on consoles, when we were obviously still kids.

Gaming in general was marketed toward children 20-30 years ago. Everything has grown up.

You put a 5 y/o in front of a system today and they don't give a shit about broadcasting or what resolution it's running at. They just want to have fun. And some adults have forgotten that feeling.

That's a good point.
87 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older