Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Evolve Big Alpha Underway

A tweet from Evolve announces the Windows version of the Evolve "big alpha" is now live on Steam, saying: "PC / Steam users - Evolve #BigAlpha is now open! Feel free to stream, tweet and screenshot your game." Turtle Rock follows this with another tweet offering a tip for invitees having trouble with this. This update has further details for participants as well as a code that should still permit entrance into the alpha. Here's a refresher on this asymmetric shooter:
In a savage world of man vs nature, are you the hunter or the hunted? The creators of Left 4 Dead, Turtle Rock Studios, bring you Evolve, the next-generation of multiplayer shooters where four hunters face-off against a single, player-controlled monster. Stalk your prey, execute your attack and prove you are the apex predator in adrenaline-pumping 4V1 matches.
View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Nov 1, 2014, 17:09 BicycleRepairMan

Heres a few codes from me too, my rig died, so I cant play myself.
CODE for PC:
YFXVD-VNJNY-QTM43
YFXVG-PM237-Z6LJR
YFXW6-GLTI2-L3NFE
YFXY4-4A2J4-CNGAX

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Nov 1, 2014, 01:28 Jerykk

Caladell wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 01:11:
They just sent me 4 Steam codes. Have at em!

JFRVT-3D98P-BT7TA
JFRWC-48RGI-XYHBN
JFRWI-9EFT3-P4KPG
JFRWT-ZHENI-FC9VB

Thanks! I grabbed JFRWT-ZHENI-FC9VB

18. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Nov 1, 2014, 01:11 Caladell

They just sent me 4 Steam codes. Have at em!

JFRVT-3D98P-BT7TA
JFRWC-48RGI-XYHBN
JFRWI-9EFT3-P4KPG
JFRWT-ZHENI-FC9VB

17. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 18:51 Overon

siapnar wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 18:43:
$69.99 for this game seems pretty fucking loopy
That is a crazy price.

16. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 18:43 siapnar

$69.99 for this game seems pretty fucking loopy  

15. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 18:30 Overon

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 18:02:
SimplyMonk wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:48:
Overon wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:19:
You change over time in response to your environment, specifically what and how much you eat.

Does what your monster eat actually matter? I was hunting for details about that on the Wiki and all I found mention of was that you choose abilities to unlock as your monster levels up and different creatures were just worth different amounts of monster XP.

Haven't had a chance to play a monster yet. Maybe later tonight.

Some of the tougher creatures can drop power ups that you can use.
I thought those power-ups were only for hunters.

14. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 18:02 Wetworks24

You change over time in response to your environment, specifically what and how much you eat.

Does what your monster eat actually matter? I was hunting for details about that on the Wiki and all I found mention of was that you choose abilities to unlock as your monster levels up and different creatures were just worth different amounts of monster XP.

Some of the tougher creatures can drop power ups that you can use.

13. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 17:44 Overon

Only in the sense of different creatures different amounts of XP. It would be better if the type of creatures you ate had an effect, like xenomorphs in the alien series. Their hosts DNA has effect on their form and behavior and abilities. But sadly that does not seem it's going to be the case for Evolve.

12. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 16:48 SimplyMonk

11. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 16:42 Slick

will be starting a high quality stream (60 FPS) in an hour or so.

twitch.tv/boomyak

i played the first alpha, it's fun, but just like L4D it tires out after a few hours. for me it's a solid $30 game. i'll probably wait for a sale.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

10. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 16:19 Overon

Disagree with yoaur reasoning but not your conclusion. You change over time in response to your environment, specifically what and how much you eat. Of course it takes place on a tiny timescale so Embiggen is not bad.

Also the "monster" in this game are the hunters. They are the aggressors. Why can't they just leave the creature alone? The creature is the victim here. The creature is just defending itself against their unprovoked aggression.

9. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 15:59 Wetworks24

I played the original alpha a few months ago and had some fun. I probably won't buy it at release unless I get a steep discount. $60 for a mp only title is a bit much imo.

I'll try it again this weekend and see how it has improved. My initial thoughts were that it was fun but would probably get a little boring after a short while.

8. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 15:43 DangerDog

If you were in the first alpha test all you need to do to play this is reinstall the game.

7. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 14:44 Caladell

Attempted to give this a try just now, and it just sat there searching for a game. So, I let it run, and was messing around on my phone for a while. After some time, not sure how long, but at least a few minutes, a window popped up saying that I've been kicked for being idle too long.
How can I be kicked from a game I was never able to join?
Had flashbacks of trying to play an Assassin's Creed game online.

6. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 14:07 SimplyMonk

English is a silly language.  

5. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 14:04 PHJF

Derivative as an adjective does not imply that which derives. Stop messing with my joke.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 13:56 SimplyMonk

PHJF wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 13:36:
Watched for a while on Twitch last night. For a game called "evolve", it sure is derivative.

Not necessarily disagreeing with your intended sentiment... but isn't evolution by its very nature derivative?

That being said... "Evolve" is probably a bad name for the game as the monster doesn't evolve in response to stimuli in his environment so much as he just gets more deadly and bigger.

The game should of been called "Embiggen".

3. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 13:36 PHJF

Watched for a while on Twitch last night. For a game called "evolve", it sure is derivative.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 13:21 SimplyMonk

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 13:04:
Anyone playing this? Any good? Is it multiplayer only? Or are there bots?

Haven't messed around with it much yet, but to answer a few of your questions... The Alpha is multiplayer only, but there are bots. The bots are mainly used when someone disconnects or a player wants to go AFK.

1. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 13:04 jdreyer

Anyone playing this? Any good? Is it multiplayer only? Or are there bots?  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >