EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week

CCP announces Phoebe, saying the next major content release for EVE Online should launch on November 4th for their sci-fi MMORPG. In short: "Get your Fleet Commanders to the war room and your industrialists back in the labs, because some major changes are on the horizon. Nullsec force projection, invention on steroids, an unshackled skill queue and a whole lot more are headed your way in Phoebe, 2014’s fifth feature release." This trailer takes a look at development and this page has tons of details in several different articles on the expansion.

View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week
Nov 2, 2014, 04:10
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Nov 2, 2014, 04:10
Nov 2, 2014, 04:10

I played it hard core for a couple years with Goonfleet, and damn it was fun. It just turned into a second job (albeit one which I enjoyed immensely) and was interfering with other things I wanted to do in my life.

When I quit I did sell one of my 2 mains, a carrier pilot, for $650 which was nice. But I still have my "main" main which is a uber-battleship pilot a hop/skip/jump from dreads.

I do wonder how much has changed in the 4 years since I quit, but I just don't have the time to revisit it right now.

Oct 30, 2014, 07:16
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 30, 2014, 07:16
Oct 30, 2014, 07:16

Unknown Soldier wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:41:
Ahhh EVE. I miss it. I hope it's still running when I retire, because that's when I'll finally have time to play it properly.

Why wait? Skill training is based on subscription time, not time played, and you can buy credits from other players by legit PLEX trading.

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:17:
They keep fixing and changing things, but the most obvious mechanic in the game that needs some love is mining and they again completely ignore it.

Given the whole game is very hands-off and AFKish except for the excell sheet buy-low sell-high market game, I don't think they ever will overhaul mining. It's the bread-and-butter of the MMO you "play" while playing other games.

Oct 30, 2014, 02:44
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 30, 2014, 02:44
Oct 30, 2014, 02:44

Buy a mining permit or I KEEEL you! Long live The Code!

www.minerbumping.com

Oct 29, 2014, 22:35
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 29, 2014, 22:35
Oct 29, 2014, 22:35

Simon Says wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 18:39:
Moog wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 16:27:
garrywong wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:20:
All of these improvements are very nice indeed, but none of them are going to bring me back into the game until the time I can once again roam null-sec with my pack of friends without having stupid "lolol hotdropped noobs" and other such shit that came with the introduction of capital ships. It completely threw the whole game out of balance.

Well, you're in luck, as next week's patch nerfs/fixes jumping with the long distance travel changes listed here... Eve - Phoebe

Basically, jump range limited to 5 LY for the majority of Capitals and ghastly cooldowns added to the jumpee ("jump fatigue"). Although, Capital ships will now be able to use gates in low and null.

I doubt you'll get hotdropped now - they'd have to be in-range and willing to use their cooldown on you.

False, read CCP's blog, the cooldown will only count if the pilot jumps, they can still make bridges cooldown free as long as they don't jump themselves. So you will STILL GET HOTDROPPED. Cheers!
Actually fatigue applies to jump bridges as well. Anything that's not a gate will generate fatigue.

Oct 29, 2014, 19:00
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 29, 2014, 19:00
Oct 29, 2014, 19:00

Hm, that is a very interesting development that I will have to give considerable thought. However, it doesn't solve the problem that by now everyone and their mother has a super-cap, and it is trivial for them to be replaced.

Oct 29, 2014, 18:39
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 29, 2014, 18:39
Oct 29, 2014, 18:39

Moog wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 16:27:
All of these improvements are very nice indeed, but none of them are going to bring me back into the game until the time I can once again roam null-sec with my pack of friends without having stupid "lolol hotdropped noobs" and other such shit that came with the introduction of capital ships. It completely threw the whole game out of balance.

Well, you're in luck, as next week's patch nerfs/fixes jumping with the long distance travel changes listed here... Eve - Phoebe

Basically, jump range limited to 5 LY for the majority of Capitals and ghastly cooldowns added to the jumpee ("jump fatigue"). Although, Capital ships will now be able to use gates in low and null.

I doubt you'll get hotdropped now - they'd have to be in-range and willing to use their cooldown on you.

False, read CCP's blog, the cooldown will only count if the pilot jumps, they can still make bridges cooldown free as long as they don't jump themselves. So you will STILL GET HOTDROPPED. Cheers!

Oct 29, 2014, 16:27
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 29, 2014, 16:27
Oct 29, 2014, 16:27

Oct 29, 2014, 14:20
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 29, 2014, 14:20
Oct 29, 2014, 14:20

It is a shame that they are still letting the fundamental core of the game, that is the PvP, to stagnate and degenerate while they are prancing around fixing and giving face-lifts to the surrounding components of the game.

Oct 29, 2014, 14:17
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 29, 2014, 14:17
Oct 29, 2014, 14:17

They keep fixing and changing things, but the most obvious mechanic in the game that needs some love is mining and they again completely ignore it.

Oct 29, 2014, 13:41
Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 29, 2014, 13:41
Oct 29, 2014, 13:41

Ahhh EVE. I miss it. I hope it's still running when I retire, because that's when I'll finally have time to play it properly.
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older