Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2014, 17:16 Mark

Mine still in the cupboard. Started off with an A500+, and then ended with an A1200 with a hard drive fitted.

Emulation is so flawless that there's not even much reason to dig the original machines out anymore! Love how UAE even has built in mechanical drive sounds, lol.

I never connected mine to another for multiplayer like you did, but seeing the option for a network player in Stunt Car Racer always sounded like an amazing idea!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2014, 09:28 Axis

Mark wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 17:41:
Great story Axis! Still loving my Amiga. Is it sad that during my break times at work I sometimes browse the screenshots up at hol.abime.net?

Haha I won't blame ya! I still have mine but haven't taken in out in so many years.

I did play with UAE on and off when I got an inkling tho...

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2014, 09:21 nin

1badmf wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 00:21:
yeah people calling it terrible... have no idea what terrible is.

Agreed.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2014, 00:21 1badmf

Redmask wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 21:49:
ViRGE wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 17:58:
Eh. It was a fine story, or rather a fine movie. But it was indeed a terrible game.

I thought it was a pretty good game, not sure if some of you understand how much you're exaggerating when you use the word terrible. Terrible is a fucking movie license cash in. In many games you have a good game that delivers an okay story. The Last of Us flips that on its head, delivering a great story with solid but unremarkable gameplay. Also play on a higher difficulty next time, the lower difficulties are mind numbing and without tension when you can xray vision everything and ammo is plentiful. The default difficulty is too easy but thats a sin that most games make because they're targeted at the mass market.

yeah people calling it terrible... have no idea what terrible is. at WORST it's an above average game. personally i thought it was a revelation in gaming. the storytelling was like nothing before.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 21:49 Redmask

ViRGE wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 17:58:
Eh. It was a fine story, or rather a fine movie. But it was indeed a terrible game.

I thought it was a pretty good game, not sure if some of you understand how much you're exaggerating when you use the word terrible. Terrible is a fucking movie license cash in. In many games you have a good game that delivers an okay story. The Last of Us flips that on its head, delivering a great story with solid but unremarkable gameplay. Also play on a higher difficulty next time, the lower difficulties are mind numbing and without tension when you can xray vision everything and ammo is plentiful. The default difficulty is too easy but thats a sin that most games make because they're targeted at the mass market.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 17:58 ViRGE

Yakubs wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:06:
nin wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:03:
Frags4Fun wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:00:
I'm hoping that the PS4 will have a sale this holiday season. I want to play The Last of Us and GTA5.

LoU was fantastic. It leaves a mark behind.

It was a horrible game. It was also a terrible story, really, except for the first 10 minutes and the "surprise" ending. Recency effect is strong with this one.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 17:41 Mark

Great story Axis! Still loving my Amiga. Is it sad that during my break times at work I sometimes browse the screenshots up at hol.abime.net?  

11. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is Now Available for Xbox 360 Oct 27, 2014, 14:36  MeanJim 

GTA: SA was removed from Steam. I've seen speculation that it's because of a music licensing thing or to do with a remastered edition coming out.  

"As a species, we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room,
we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you
think we invented politics and religion?"

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 13:01 Axis

Beamer wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 12:23:
Axis wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 11:57:
I'm making another killer PC system for my son, getting Super Smash bros for the Wii-U, and gladly avoiding any xbone/ps4 crap marketing.

I've seen both at length and I'm not the least impressed -- it's still PC + Nintendo for our family.

I miss the days of having roommates to endlessly play SSBM with.
I do mean endlessly. I'd say there was a 100:1 ratio of hours spent playing SSBM to hours spent studying/in class while I was in law school. We wouldn't even turn the GC off, we'd just pause it, go somewhere, come back and unpause it. Waiting for the thing to boot was tooooooo looooong.

Haha I bet, my son has been playing smash bros for ages and he still loves it.

My first "cant get enough multi" was on my Amiga in the Air Force. We ran a null modem cable out of the window to the 2nd floor dorm to the other Amiga, and played populous with so many people taking turns rotating shift like our jobs. I'd be sleeping and someone would be playing, its one of the best 'computer gaming' moments in memory ever for me.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 12:23  Beamer 

Axis wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 11:57:
I'm making another killer PC system for my son, getting Super Smash bros for the Wii-U, and gladly avoiding any xbone/ps4 crap marketing.

I've seen both at length and I'm not the least impressed -- it's still PC + Nintendo for our family.

I miss the days of having roommates to endlessly play SSBM with.
I do mean endlessly. I'd say there was a 100:1 ratio of hours spent playing SSBM to hours spent studying/in class while I was in law school. We wouldn't even turn the GC off, we'd just pause it, go somewhere, come back and unpause it. Waiting for the thing to boot was tooooooo looooong.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 11:57 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 10:38 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:23:
overall its a fantastic game and story, some of the best characterization in a video game so far.
I think that is one of the staples of Naughty Dog. I've always enjoyed their games.

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 10:23  Verno 

I'm hoping that the PS4 will have a sale this holiday season. I want to play The Last of Us and GTA5.

Agreed. It has some stumbles in the middle and the controls are a bit clumsy but overall its a fantastic game and story, some of the best characterization in a video game so far.

Nice to see Microsoft trying to compete, lets see how Sony responds. The Xbox One OS updates are coming along much better/faster than the PS4.

Playing: Hades, Bloodborne, Total War: Warhammer 2,
Watching: Captain Blood, VFW, Mississippi Grind

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 10:08 Frags4Fun

That's what I heard. I've been holding out for a better price on the PS4 so that I can get the nod from the Mrs to buy one. There are a couple of other games I'd like to have for the holiday break as well. I get 17 days off from work and hope to spend a good portion of that time getting caught up on some gaming.

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 10:06 Yakubs

It was a horrible game. It was also a terrible story, really, except for the first 10 minutes and the "surprise" ending. Recency effect is strong with this one.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 10:03 nin

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 10:00 Frags4Fun

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 09:56 nin

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is Now Available for Xbox 360.

Apparently a port of the mobile version, but still looks good and appears to play well. Pop in for cars still happens, however (despite the increases draw distance).

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >