Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Hardland Early Access

Steam now offers early access to Hardland, a stylized open-world action/adventure inspired by Ultima and Betrayal at Krondor that was greenlit for release on the platform after just four days. Word is: "In this game, there are no artificial limits or a story arc that forces you to making certain 'choices.' In this game you can put on a chicken mask and lead an army of chickens. If you want to. In this game the Goblin King will throw ham at you. If he wants to." Here's an early access gameplay trailer.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Hardland Early Access Oct 25, 2014, 12:59 HorrorScope

Perhaps they should have said... after viewing this, the last games you'll think about are Ultima and BoK.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Hardland Early Access Oct 24, 2014, 23:48 Caladell

I agree. I do like the look of the environment though. But those character models, along with the animation...ugh. Totally unappealing.  

3. Re: Hardland Early Access Oct 24, 2014, 23:46 Prez

I agree it was a bad choice of comparison, but it does look neat. The graphics have a nice bit of charm to them.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Hardland Early Access Oct 24, 2014, 22:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 20:18:
Got wood seeing Ultima and BAK. Promptly lost wood looking at the visuals. Sigh.

Exactly... that's some serious lineage, bringing up Ultima and Betrayal at Krondor, and then they have these giant head graphics...

I try not to judge games by their graphics but this is too jarring for me.

1. Re: Hardland Early Access Oct 24, 2014, 20:18 Cutter

Got wood seeing Ultima and BAK. Promptly lost wood looking at the visuals. Sigh.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >