Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket

Starbreeze announces plans for some PAYDAY 2 DLC to support John Wick, the upcoming Keanu Reeves vehicle. The movie will debut in the U.S. on Friday, but the DLC will come tomorrow. They are also giving away a free copy of the game with the purchase of a movie ticket:

The exclusive content produced by OVERKILL Software – a Starbreeze Studio, based on the professional hit man from the movie, adds a playable John Wick character to the PAYDAY gang. The DLC will be released as a free update for the PAYDAY 2 game on the Steam platform two days ahead of the film’s worldwide theatrical launch to mark the PAYDAY 2 community reaching the final 1.5 million member Crimefest milestone. Beginning tomorrow, moviegoers purchasing tickets to John Wick on Fandango will receive a free download of PAYDAY 2 on Steam.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 22, 2014, 08:36 nin

KilrathiAce wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 00:34:
They need to realize theaters are dead, its time to release movies instantly for stream paying.

Define "dead".

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 22, 2014, 00:34 KilrathiAce

They need to realize theaters are dead, its time to release movies instantly for stream paying.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

6. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 22:17 DangerDog

jimnms wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 20:17:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 19:17:
Does it work if you buy one child ticket lol

What does a movie ticket costs these days? I haven't been to a movie theater in years. I prefer to watch in the comfort of my home, not having to pay an ass load for food and drinks, and best of all not putting up with idiots. I don't mind waiting a few months for a BR/DVD release, especially lately when movies get chopped for theaters and released in uncut/uncensored BR/DVD.

Last time I went to a theater it was $7.50 for an adult ticket, which is what the game is on sale for now anyway. I'm guessing it's gone up since then.

same, looks like it's $12 but the catch is you have to buy your ticket through Fandango so that might just be their inflated price.

5. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 20:19 jdreyer

I like this idea. Tie-in games are either A) Rushed, awful, and derivative, or B) Good but years after the movie, or C) both late and awful. But if you're making DLC for an existing game you have a lot of advantages:
1. No need to design a game from scratch. You just design your DLC to fit in the paradigm of the game.
2. Game is already mature and fairly bug free, so there's less chance of it being a mess.
3. And existing player base.

As for the movie, it didn't look very good from the trailer, but the reviews have been good.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

4. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 20:17 MeanJim

DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 19:17:

What does a movie ticket costs these days? I haven't been to a movie theater in years. I prefer to watch in the comfort of my home, not having to pay an ass load for food and drinks, and best of all not putting up with idiots. I don't mind waiting a few months for a BR/DVD release, especially lately when movies get chopped for theaters and released in uncut/uncensored BR/DVD.

Last time I went to a theater it was $7.50 for an adult ticket, which is what the game is on sale for now anyway. I'm guessing it's gone up since then.

MeanJim on Steam

3. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 20:15 nin

Think early matinees here are $5.50?

Hmm...

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

2. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 20:13 Cutter

Just watch the trailer and it looks decent. Love me a good anti-hero flick. There's not nearly enough of them.  

"Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers." - Homer Simpson

1. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 19:17 DangerDog

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo