Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II

The Legend of Grimrock website announces Legend of Grimrock II is now available, showing where the RPG sequel can be found on this page, where they are offering a 10% launch discount. Here's the description of the game:
Legend of Grimrock 2 is a dungeon crawling role playing game with a modern execution but an oldschool heart. A group of four prisoners have shipwrecked on the secluded Isle of Nex. The island is filled with ancient crumbled ruins, mysterious shrines and a vast underground network of dungeons and mines. If the prisoners wish to make it out alive, they have to overcome the challenges devised by the ominous mastermind of the island.

Powers of perception and logic are more important than sheer force is, since Legend of Grimrock 2 puts a heavy emphasis on exploration, survival and challenging puzzles. Discover powerful ancient artifacts from hidden secret chambers and buried treasures. Arm your champions, cast spells and craft enchanted potions and bombs to aid you in fighting the dreadful monsters in highly tactical real-time combat.

Design, share and play custom scenarios with the included Dungeon Editor! Create your own adventures and fill them with puzzles, traps, or even totally new items, monsters and environments with custom graphics and audio!

Get ready to venture forth and uncover the secrets of Nex!
View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 17, 2014, 00:32 HorrorScope

Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 20:12:
Does this game fix the spellcasting user interface mechanic from the last game?

I liked LOG but I'm not fiddling with a crap spellcasting UI this time around. They've had time to improve it.

No. The same, I would have preferred something better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 20:38 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 21:53:
"you click a button to get a free pizza delivered to your house. "

And how exactly does that work?

How does clicking a button to get a free pizza work anyway, hmmm? I wonder. Perhaps this tale is not what it seems, let us study it further. Hmm. HMMMMM.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 20:12 Silicon Avatar

Does this game fix the spellcasting user interface mechanic from the last game?

I liked LOG but I'm not fiddling with a crap spellcasting UI this time around. They've had time to improve it.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 19:37 HorrorScope

The negatives imo are:

There could be a lot more keybinding options to make play a bit more elegant. A button to scroll through inventories. Buttons to initiate combats of each player and hand.

Magic, you can pick a school to find out there is no level 1 spells for it like another and you have to wait to use magic and it's a bit hectic in general to use. Seems like it could be fleshed out a bit better.

Square dancing combat is a little off putting.

Must like puzzles.

I really enjoy the game and it is totally a step up from the first, but there is still more refinement to be had with this series.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 11:45 PHJF

Graphics improved, atmosphere improved significantly, party creation improved, leveling system improved. If you liked Grimrock 1, this is for you.

You just described Game of the Year 2014. I'm gonna be up all night this weekend.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 10:14 MajorD

Cram wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 23:40:
Few Hours in. Grimrock 1, evolved. I always wanted to take Grimrock 1's gameplay and take it outside. That said, there is still a lot of inside (dungeons).

Graphics improved, atmosphere improved significantly, party creation improved, leveling system improved. If you liked Grimrock 1, this is for you. If you didn't, pass. It seems to be taking the best of the first game and expanding on it big time but its foundation is still very Grimrock 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yup, that pretty much sums up my take on it so far. I couldn't have said better myself.

Still counting...

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 04:01 Lord Tea

Darn, I'm still playing Wasteland 2 and now Grimrock 2 is here. Guess the sleepless nights won't stop for a while...  

Anytime. Anywhere. Anyone.
[Tagline: John Carpenter's "The Thing"]
[Tagline: United Police States of America]

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 00:20 Sepharo

Lorcin wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 22:11:
Not really rocket science. They've made a game hard or long enough to be confident that it can't be realistically completed within 24 hours of launch. In case they get caught they've then promised to use the hither too unknown power of t'interweb to arrange for food to be delivered to a specific location.

This unknown wizardry of getting food delivered online is probably where they should base their next game. "The legend of laziness" a old school rpg where you fight the nagging fear you've entered a wrong address whilst fending off the probing questions of your wife.

lol you're killing me Rotfl

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 23:43 nin

Cram wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 23:40:
Few Hours in. Grimrock 1, evolved. I always wanted to take Grimrock 1's gameplay and take it outside. That said, there is still a lot of inside (dungeons).

Graphics improved, atmosphere improved significantly, party creation improved, leveling system improved. If you liked Grimrock 1, this is for you. If you didn't, pass. It seems to be taking the best of the first game and expanding on it big time but its foundation is still very Grimrock 1

That all sounds very good!

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 23:40 Cram

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 22:11 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 21:53:

Not really rocket science. They've made a game hard or long enough to be confident that it can't be realistically completed within 24 hours of launch. In case they get caught they've then promised to use the hither too unknown power of t'interweb to arrange for food to be delivered to a specific location.

This unknown wizardry of getting food delivered online is probably where they should base their next game. "The legend of laziness" a old school rpg where you fight the nagging fear you've entered a wrong address whilst fending off the probing questions of your wife.

BTW is it a mark of adulthood that you go from "Are we there yet?" to "Is it here yet?" or even the dreaded "Are you finished?"

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 21:53 Caladell

RPS had quite the glowing review of it. For me though, it's probably something I'll pick up eventually. The first one never really grabbed me.
Glad to see that the first one did well enough to warrant a sequel though. We need more games like this.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 21:53 Cutter

LittleMe wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 20:25:
It seems to be an improvement over LoG1 and true to the roots of the genre. Doesn't feel like a console game in the slightest. Has outdoor areas and if you beat it day one, you click a button to get a free pizza delivered to your house.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 20:25 LittleMe

It seems to be an improvement over LoG1 and true to the roots of the genre. Doesn't feel like a console game in the slightest. Has outdoor areas and if you beat it day one, you click a button to get a free pizza delivered to your house.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 20:23 Acleacius

Yes, keep us updated!

Looking forward to this, it will be great to see some outdoor levels.

People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 20:22 MajorD

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 20:20:
MajorD wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 19:57:
Sweet! DL now. Congrats to Almost Human on their second release.

Impressions when you have time, please!

Thank you!

10-4!

Still counting...

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 20:20 nin

MajorD wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 19:57:

Impressions when you have time, please!

Thank you!

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 19:57 MajorD

Still counting...

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >