Morning Crowdfunding Roundup

View : : :
7.
 
Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
Sep 24, 2014, 18:51
7.
Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 24, 2014, 18:51
Sep 24, 2014, 18:51
 
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:24:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:12:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 12:56:
Except for the whole bit where most of their initial money was raised with Kickstarter because a lot of people wouldn't back if they couldn't do it through there. Now his community doesn't care but Star Citizen was on initially on track to not hit its funding target until they used Kickstarter.

yeah that's completely false. Backers who were having trouble paying through their website )since it was very early stages, nothing like you see now..) asked for them to put it up on kickstarter too so they could back it there. That is why they did it and they had already raised a substantial amount of money by that point.

I actually backed it through their web site but I remember reading articles at the time that they moved to Kickstarter because fans were requesting it. Much like Steam, a lot of people just won't back if it's not in the one place they want. Maybe that's not the case but it's what I read at the time. Still, one can't deny that a lot of their initial fundraising did come from Kickstarter.

Aside from listening to feedback, they mostly moved to KS to be able to handle the onslaught. Their own site got hammered and went down all of the time because it could not handle all the traffic.
Back in the day you got time-outs and that dreaded "you are watching a cached version of the website, do you want to retry for a live version" error message all of the frickin' time.
Also, at the end of KS the counter was at ~6.2 million so only about 30% came from KS while the remaining 70% were pledged on the RSI site. Saying that "a lot" of their initial funding came from KS is simply incorrect.
Date
Subject
Author
2.
Sep 24, 2014Sep 24 2014
3.
Sep 24, 2014Sep 24 2014
5.
Sep 24, 2014Sep 24 2014
6.
Sep 24, 2014Sep 24 2014
 7.
Sep 24, 2014Sep 24 2014
   Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
8.
Sep 25, 2014Sep 25 2014
9.
Sep 25, 2014Sep 25 2014