Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Spent too much time in the great outdoors yesterday after forgetting a hat. As a head-shaver, this can be a problem, and sure enough, I've got a sunburned scalp to show for my carelessness, and with just a week remaining in the summer to boot. It actually doesn't look bad with a little color, but when the skin starts peeling it's going to be really weird.

Red Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Sentry Knight 2.
Science: Microbial factories could produce locally brewed painkillers.
A closer look at the space shuttle that never got to space.
Media: Where Are They Now? Cartoon Edition. Erik Satie ftw! Thanks nin.
TRIALS FUSION (Teens React- Gaming).
Ping pong, plates, and a pack of gravity.
"FETCH....Umm....wait, I was only Kidding y'know".
Follow-up: "Deadwood" Actor Says More Won't Happen.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 12:47 Creston

Efflixi wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:14:
the rest of the matchups, i simply picked the underdog. How the hell do I get to be rank #2?

Because it's been an absolutely ridiculous two weeks with regards to underdogs winning.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 02:14 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 14:40:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 14:32:
Was out in the sun all day yesterday. Had on a hat and long sleeved shirt, and put on sunscreen in the morning, but forgot to reapply at lunch. Tops of hands are a bit seared today.

Could be worse. I had on a striped shirt yesterday. The white stripes let sun through, the dark stripes did not.

My shoulders now have a very nice burn pattern.

Ouch. Note to self, only wear solid colors in the sun.

Stay a while, and listen.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 00:03 Zombiegoat213

Loving the pick 'em league. Sorry about the G-Men, Blue.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 22:35 crypto

Ok, so our Pick'em group. I'm ranked #2 and while I didn't choose randomly, I might as well have! I picked two teams that I know, and the rest of the matchups, i simply picked the underdog. How the hell do I get to be rank #2? Even in ESPN total standings I'm ranked 2290ish out of over a million signups. I just don't get it...

Underdogs have something to work for so they give it their all at the start... they also have more off time so very eager to play. Probably won't last past mid season

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 14:40 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 14:32:
Was out in the sun all day yesterday. Had on a hat and long sleeved shirt, and put on sunscreen in the morning, but forgot to reapply at lunch. Tops of hands are a bit seared today.

Could be worse. I had on a striped shirt yesterday. The white stripes let sun through, the dark stripes did not.

My shoulders now have a very nice burn pattern.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 14:32 jdreyer

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 14:31 jdreyer

mag wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 12:59:

I don't see how anyone can blame him. That is a ridiculous, ludicrous, inconceivable amount of money. That is do-literally-anything-you-want money. That is enough money to build and launch and support another Curiosity rover. He could fund one hundred Psychonauts sequels.

He could build a Psychonauts seqeul that RUNS on a new Curiosity rover!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 12:59 mag

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 11:28:
Alamar wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:51:
What deal?
Interesting. You know, I don't really blame Notch. I'm sure being wealthy must be nice, but I have no interest in being famous. And depending on your personality, being famous could be a VERY heavy load to handle.

I don't see how anyone can blame him. That is a ridiculous, ludicrous, inconceivable amount of money. That is do-literally-anything-you-want money. That is enough money to build and launch and support another Curiosity rover. He could fund one hundred Psychonauts sequels.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 11:31 Cutter

Ugh, went 7 & 8 so far this week. Sumbitches not doing what they're supposed to do! Still that Packers game was effing great.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 11:28 Mr. Tact

Alamar wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:51:
What deal?
Interesting. You know, I don't really blame Notch. I'm sure being wealthy must be nice, but I have no interest in being famous. And depending on your personality, being famous could be a VERY heavy load to handle.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 10:15 Verno

What about the other editions of Minecraft? Will they stop being developed?
There’s no reason for the development, sales, and support of the PC/Mac, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Vita, iOS, and Android versions of Minecraft to stop. Of course, Microsoft can’t make decisions for other companies or predict the choices that they might make in the future.

We’re extremely proud of all editions and the awesome things you have achieved through playing together.

That is decidedly non-committal.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:51 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:40:
Blue - no news article about the MSFT and Minecraft deal? (GI) (deal that was rumor yesterday is confirmed)

What deal?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:40 Retired

Blue - no news article about the MSFT and Minecraft deal? (GI) (deal that was rumor yesterday is confirmed)

/nm, Blue was probably typing as I was.....

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2014, 09:56.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:25 Mr. Tact

Even in ESPN total standings I'm ranked 2290ish out of over a million signups. I just don't get it...
"Any given Sunday." -- It's part of the appeal of the NFL.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:23 Retired

Ok, so our Pick'em group. I'm ranked #2 and while I didn't choose randomly, I might as well have! I picked two teams that I know, and the rest of the matchups, i simply picked the underdog. How the hell do I get to be rank #2? Even in ESPN total standings I'm ranked 2290ish out of over a million signups. I just don't get it...

Yea......not good for me....

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:14 Efflixi

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo