Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

PC GTA5 in January

Rockstar Games announces a January 27th release date for the Windows edition of Grand Theft Auto V which will follow the release of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 editions of the open world action sequel on November 18th. They celebrate the news with a new trailer titled "A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip" (also on YouTube, thanks nin). Rockstar also offers more details on how GTA5 will be improved for the more powerful systems, as well as word on improvements for last-gen consoles. Here's a bit:

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

• New weapons, vehicles and activities
  • Additional wildlife
  • Denser traffic
  • New foliage system
  • Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

View
85 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

85. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 16, 2014, 11:47 Creston

Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 15:22:
Ya I jumped ship a long time ago because nobody from Blues plays the game, but thanks for the promotion. I haven't quit the crew but my primary crew isn't Blues anymore. I hooked up with a larger, active, adult only, invite only crew that has a lot of people playing. We do tons of stuff like our own events, time trails and other stuff. I do my own 'biker' event where we all dress up the part and ride our hogs on LS wrecking havoc. The game has grown quite a lot since we all played back in October... and ya I play the hell out of it. I get in the odd other game here and there but always go back to GTA, love playing in the sandbox.

As I say in my sig, if anyone here wants to get back into the game and you don't want to play in the pubs give me a shout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVfZw6ZNmOw

I'll definitely go back to being online once the PC version is out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

84. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 15, 2014, 15:22 Yosemite Sam

Ya I jumped ship a long time ago because nobody from Blues plays the game, but thanks for the promotion. I haven't quit the crew but my primary crew isn't Blues anymore. I hooked up with a larger, active, adult only, invite only crew that has a lot of people playing. We do tons of stuff like our own events, time trails and other stuff. I do my own 'biker' event where we all dress up the part and ride our hogs on LS wrecking havoc. The game has grown quite a lot since we all played back in October... and ya I play the hell out of it. I get in the odd other game here and there but always go back to GTA, love playing in the sandbox.

As I say in my sig, if anyone here wants to get back into the game and you don't want to play in the pubs give me a shout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVfZw6ZNmOw

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2014, 15:32.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

83. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 14, 2014, 08:29 Retired

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 15:13:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 09:29:
oh, and in case we don't have everyone yet -

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bluesnews

note to LIEUTENANTS and REPRESENTATIVES, let me or Blue know if someone needs to be promoted - or if you are muscle and play a ton, let us know so we can adjust your rank.

Thanks.

Bats.

YosemiteSam plays more than everyone else combined, so he likely needs to be made Supreme Grand General.

Then again, I don't know if he's even still in our crew.

Done.

82. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 15:13 Creston

note to LIEUTENANTS and REPRESENTATIVES, let me or Blue know if someone needs to be promoted - or if you are muscle and play a ton, let us know so we can adjust your rank.

Thanks.

Bats.

YosemiteSam plays more than everyone else combined, so he likely needs to be made Supreme Grand General.

Then again, I don't know if he's even still in our crew.

81. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 11:30 Retired

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 11:01:

Thanks.

Bats.

I'll join up when gta5 actually comes out, unless that includes max Payne 3. Dunno. I just downloaded it after having bought it months ago, but THEN I got an Xbone, so prolly in a couple weeks I'll get to MP3. And this late, MP3's pc multiplayer crowd is probably quite thin, so maybe it won't matter in there anyway.

The MP community for MP3 is a joke. The first time I played I moped the floor with the entire other team. It isn't that good. Super easy to kill people, and unless there are hardcore players in there now, if you are even avg at FPS, you will do very well.....

80. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 11:01 HoSpanky

Thanks.

Bats.

I'll join up when gta5 actually comes out, unless that includes max Payne 3. Dunno. I just downloaded it after having bought it months ago, but THEN I got an Xbone, so prolly in a couple weeks I'll get to MP3. And this late, MP3's pc multiplayer crowd is probably quite thin, so maybe it won't matter in there anyway.

79. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 09:29 Retired

Thanks.

Bats.

78. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 09:24 Retired

Not finding a link yet on their site where I can throw my money!  

77. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 07:20 Quinn

DG wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 05:33:

Still pre-ordering though.

In the case they run out of copies...?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

76. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 05:33 DG

After xmas, bummer I have 2 weeks off then, January is way too early to start eating into my 2015 holiday time.

Still pre-ordering though.

75. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 04:41 Prez

Right or wrong, the console game will usually be released before the PC version for the simple reason that most publishers feel console sales will be leeched by gamers instead pirating the PC version. Given the choice between no PC version or a late PC version, I'll take the late option.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

74. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 04:20 Slick

i hate video game studios that release awesome games to me OUT OF GREED.

my only issue is buying it for PS4 or PC. MP will be more balanced on PS4, but i can't deal with it underperforming like i saw on the 360. i didn't miss it on last-gen, i (and others like me) purposefully waited for a next-gen release.

maybe they're trying to make me buy both version, WHY YOU SO GREEDY TAKE-TWO?? lol

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

73. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 23:39 Retired

really looking forward to the additional content that video appears to show a lot of it.  

72. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 23:32 Retired

rawr so much rage! all the whiny people are the same ones that were mad that it wasn't coming to PC and now it's coming to PC rar rage mad not going to buy it I hate you. none of you will be missed and we will continue to grow our BN Crew.  

71. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 21:07 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 20:00:
I was planning to play this over Christmas break because I get 2 weeks off. Last Christmas break I spent most of my evenings playing it on 360 after the Mrs went to bed and had a blast. I was totally psyched to be able to redo it on PC this holiday season and now I'm so disappointed.

Hey Rockstar, you're a bunch of greedy whores and you'll never get another cent from me. It's painfully obvious that you are trying to cash in, again...

F%^& you!

And you people who believe that this isn't motivated by greed are incredibly naive. It's better than being an apologist though.

Tell us how you really feel.
Wacko

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

70. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 21:03 bigspender

Prez wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 20:38:
I'll be glad to wait the extra two months if it means I won't have to deal with a terribly unoptimized PC port like GTA IV was.

Guess u should reinstall gfwl....

69. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 20:38 Prez

I'll be glad to wait the extra two months if it means I won't have to deal with a terribly unoptimized PC port like GTA IV was.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

68. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 20:27 harlock

Task wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 20:17:
harlock wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 19:09:
i was planning to buy a new gfx card for all the new games coming out so its ok with me to be delayed cuz dem cards aint dropped yet yo

need dat card yo

You waitin' for the 980?

somethin in the new range

67. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 20:17 Task

harlock wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 19:09:
i was planning to buy a new gfx card for all the new games coming out so its ok with me to be delayed cuz dem cards aint dropped yet yo

need dat card yo

You waitin' for the 980?

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

66. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 20:11 Beamer

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 20:00:
I was planning to play this over Christmas break because I get 2 weeks off. Last Christmas break I spent most of my evenings playing it on 360 after the Mrs went to bed and had a blast. I was totally psyched to be able to redo it on PC this holiday season and now I'm so disappointed.

Hey Rockstar, you're a bunch of greedy whores and you'll never get another cent from me. It's painfully obvious that you are trying to cash in, again...

F%^& you!

And you people who believe that this isn't motivated by greed are incredibly naive.

Wait, releasing the product isn't greedy, but delaying it is?
Explain how.

Seriously, there's no world where it makes sense to be "motivated by greed." THEY'RE MISSING HOLIDAY!

Unless you think they think that PC gamers somehow missed this on the 360/PS3 and will buy it for the Xbone/PS4. Newsflash: extremely few people have an Xbone or PS4 but not a 360 or PS3. The people that missed GTAV are primarily PC gamers.

Your logic just doesn't add up to me. "I WANTED TO BUY THIS SOONER. MAKING ME WAIT IS GREEDY!"

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

85 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo